Opinions on Rex Ryan coming back as HC?

Nixhead

The only scenario I would be ok with Rex coaching the Jets again would be if the HC was fired midseason and they brought him in as the interim HC with the existing staff.

He actually might be the jolt that a floundering team could use to get back on track. 

17 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

No thanks.  He's all bluster, no muster.  Failed as Head Coach with two organizations, and his takes as an NFL analyst do not impress me at all.

He took a team built by Mangini on two improbable playoff runs and then preceded to ruin the team with his ineptitude for the rest of his tenure.

Demand better.

I agree with you. He is all bark and no bite. He is a buddy with players. That never works in the long run. 

On 12/18/2023 at 12:36 PM, Wit said:

We need someone who knows how to coach modern football. Next year Rodgers will coach the offense and saleh does fine with the defense

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

What do you think Rodgers is doing in the sidelines of each game now. His coaching skills aren't making the team any better.

On 12/18/2023 at 11:35 AM, Jack Straw said:

Yeah, Rex Ryan had his teams so motivated that he went 46-50 as HC and led a team that no-showed in the first half against the Steelers in the AFC Championship game.

No.

We were the underdogs, yet lost by one score on the road, while no-showing. No-shows these days are more like 30-0. Rex wasn’t the best coach. But he was the best Jets HC this century. Not a high bar by any standards though. Herm, Mangina, Bowles, Gase, Salah. That’s some collection of fine tuned HCs. DC is the trend and one of these days, we’ll hire an offensive HC. Rex was an aggressive HC and it showed in his play calling. Yeah we lost a few bad seasons but some of that can be very easily attributed to Izzadik and terrible drafting/contracts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Rex likes Zach so 99% of this board should be screaming for him

i think thats just Rex trying to get in good with Woody. he is still a Jet and always talks about them like he is one of us. 

Rex must know that Woody likes Zach and if he were to fire Saleh and wants a HC that will play his QB Rex is all in. Rex wants to be HC of the NY Jets again.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

We were the underdogs, yet lost by one score on the road, while no-showing. No-shows these days are more like 30-0. Rex wasn’t the best coach. But he was the best Jets HC this century. Not a high bar by any standards though. Herm, Mangina, Bowles, Gase, Salah. That’s some collection of fine tuned HCs. DC is the trend and one of these days, we’ll hire an offensive HC. Rex was an aggressive HC and it showed in his play calling. Yeah we lost a few bad seasons but some of that can be very easily attributed to Izzadik and terrible drafting/contracts. 

image.thumb.png.89862ff51e8aac6832762bb265ae81fd.png

12 hours ago, doitny said:

i think thats just Rex trying to get in good with Woody. he is still a Jet and always talks about them like he is one of us. 

Rex must know that Woody likes Zach and if he were to fire Saleh and wants a HC that will play his QB Rex is all in. Rex wants to be HC of the NY Jets again.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Saleh got fired as a result of the Beningo leak and Rex came back as the head coach

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Saleh got fired as a result of the Beningo leak and Rex came back as the head coach

i hate Beningo. what a back stabber. 

he even says ...i shouldnt be saying this ..but i dont care...

i hope Saleh stopped talking to him.