Breece is Good.

On 12/25/2023 at 10:24 AM, Maxman said:

Great post, thank you.

Jets have 99 problems and we are hear discussing how we should feel worse about Breece than we do. Classic lol.

I never said Breece wasn’t a good running back. I said there were 10-15 just as good.

Funny how my post was the one where you chose to critique someone, rather than the IGT post where a board member was reported for telling someone to s**k one of his body parts?

I guess teasing someone for not replying is a more serious indiscretion than that.

• More Ugh 1

Breece is a special RB and it won’t surprise me if he goes down as the best RB that the Jets have had. He’s that talented.

The game plan is simple… get the ball out quickly and feed Breece/Garrett as much as possible. Do that and great things will happen.

I’m looking forward to hopefully getting some steady play from the QB spot next year and if so, these two will dominate

• Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

With 17 games now it’s meaningless. It comes to 58 ypg 😂
You’re old enough to know 1000 was a bar that meant something back when they played 14 games.
Just like when QBs and 3000 passing yards was a big deal … now with 17 games it’s 176 a game.

I feel like 4000 is the new 3000 when it comes to passing yardage benchmark.

Yes, 1000 rushing yds was a huge deal back in the day (really up until like 10 years ago) and you argue that with 17 games it isn’t as impressive.  I beg to differ simply bc of how the running game is deployed nowadays.  Very few teams have 1 feature back, most deploy a stable of backs, plus there is soooo much less emphasis in running the ball today….in the 90s the running game was every teams plan A.

Less and less RBs do it now, which I think makes it more impressive when it’s done.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

I feel like 4000 is the new 3000 when it comes to passing yardage benchmark.

Yes, 1000 rushing yds was a huge deal back in the day (really up until like 10 years ago) and you argue that with 17 games it isn’t as impressive.  I beg to differ simply bc of how the running game is deployed nowadays.  Very few teams have 1 feature back, most deploy a stable of backs, plus there is soooo much less emphasis in running the ball today….in the 90s the running game was every teams plan A.

Less and less RBs do it now, which I think makes it more impressive when it’s done.

Good post.

I agree with you about 4000, and you bring up a very good point about RBs and 1000.

14 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

2nd rd pick so will need a contract next year.. probably won’t be able to afford him after that win yesterday. Jets will need to use $$ to invest in OL now that we won’t be able to draft one 

You really think yesterday’s game determined whether we can afford him going forward?  Hmmmm.

I see this playing out similar to the Barkley situation.

Next year Breece is going to start making noise about a big contract extension.

Jet fans will be divided between the “pay him” and the “don’t he’s a RB” factions. I’m guessing the Jets will turn a deaf ear, in 24 and will eventually decide whether they want to tag him.

A 2nd round RB isn’t going to take a team friendly deal on his second contract and a tag is no sure thing because they can’t pay everyone. GW, Sauce and JJ will be making the same noise by then.
It will be interesting to watch this play out…who they keep and who they don’t.

14 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

You keep spewing this. Jets are not signing Higgins or Pittman. 

It’s not jds style. he’s looking for below average players that he can nickel and dime. Higggins will be getting 25 mill a season and jd will not even be in the same zip code

Uh…if Douglas is looking for players who can nickel and dime then just why did it take so long for them to come up with schemes to take advantage of breece hall?  It seems to me they used cook an awful lot and would pull hall after one or two plays.  I guess maybe hall was still feeling the effects of his acl but if not they should have given him 25-30 touches per game.  Use the bell cow.  They get stronger as the game goes on.

• WTF? 1

20 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There was nothing little about today's win.  When we win the Super Bowl next year, this will be the game the players point to as having turned the fortunes of the franchise around!

And peace on earth will be achieved right after the cure for cancer has been found 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Uh…if Douglas is looking for players who can nickel and dime then just why did it take so long for them to come up with schemes to take advantage of breece hall?  It seems to me they used cook an awful lot and would pull hall after one or two plays.  I guess maybe hall was still feeling the effects of his acl but if not they should have given him 25-30 touches per game.  Use the bell cow.  They get stronger as the game goes on.

Forgive me if I’m a little slow. lol. Been drinking all day. But I don’t see the correlation between dalvin cooks snap count and Joe Douglas refusing to spend big in free agency. 

On 12/24/2023 at 11:27 PM, Green Ghost said:

Breece Hall is #25 in rushing yards in the NFL this year.
You have no idea what a superstar RB looks like do you?

I won’t fight you on the fan base overrating Hall a bit but it’s not because of this stat.  He is 5th in the league on yards from scrimmage for RBs, while on the worst offense in the league, behind the worst OL in the league with the worst QB play in the league.  Considering the situation, pretty ******* impressive.  Just like the stat shared by the OP.  I think he looks for the home run to often but you can’t deny the dude is one of the biggest game breakers in the league and clearly a top duel threat RB. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Shocked, absolutely shocked, that Ladinian Tomlinson, Marshall Faulk and CMC all do not have at least two 95+ rushing and receiving yards in a game.

I was surprised Ekler and Kamara weren’t.  Feel like both those dudes have had this types of games but wild none the less. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/25/2023 at 12:52 AM, Green Ghost said:

Breece Hall is hugely overrated on this board. There are at least 10-15 RBs in this league as good or better than him.

Add to that we’re only going to have him for 2 more years, because as everyone here told me repeatedly back when I said the Giants were smart to take Barkley over Darnold “you never want to be the team to give a RB a his second contract”

I'm not saying you're wrong, but name the 10 to 15 that are better that have the same or worse offensive line?

Breece Hall should be at 100% by the start of next season. With just a league average OL, Breece can do some serious damage in the open field. With a league average QB or above to prevent the stacking of the box, Breece can be a top dual threat RB. If he has any kind of decent RB2 behind him who can extend drives while he takes a breather, we are looking at all-time Jets RB numbers.

Now back to Earth. We're talking about the Jets. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/25/2023 at 10:51 AM, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Lmao. I'll give you McCaffrey and Chubb. Even Barkley. Mostert is having a career season he Isn't likely to repeat. And Hall at his best is better than the rest of the list.

I can't wait for Hall to make people like you feel dumb next year with an improved o-line, better QB play, and another year removed from the ACL injury.

Don't bother. He's just trying to get under your skin.

On 12/24/2023 at 5:52 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Think of how good breece will be in year 2 off the acl and with Joe D revamping the oline.  And with the threat of a passing game with a healthy aaron rodgers, the addition of higgins/pittman etc.

My goodness Jet fans!!!!  Are you ready?

Some of us have been ready for over 30 years.

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

On 12/25/2023 at 1:54 AM, Green Ghost said:

I never said he was a problem. I said he was vastly overrated by Jet fans (you’re proving that to be true) and that there are 10-15 RBs in the NFL as good or better than him

Then I told you he was #24 in rushing yards this year when you replied.

Stop embarrassing yourself by repeating verbatim everything the optos here say about him. They’re the same guys who tell you Zach Wilson would be a FQB if not for our OL.

I don’t think he’s overrated.

I think on a stable team with a good offense he would have 2000 scrimmage yards easy.

Breece Hall is not an every down back.

Jets need to find one. 

Breece requires a lot of space to be successful - he is unable to get tough yards.  Right now the Jets don't have a RB capable of getting yards without giant holes.

BH has that explosive smoothness to him for sure, but what he requires in the run game to be successful carries a pretty big downside.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2024 at 3:55 PM, FidelioJet said:

Breece Hall is not an every down back.

Jets need to find one. 

Breece requires a lot of space to be successful - he is unable to get tough yards.  Right now the Jets don't have a RB capable of getting yards without giant holes.

BH has that explosive smoothness to him for sure, but what he requires in the run game to be successful carries a pretty big downside.