“ Do you want me to throw the podium on the floor?”

HawkeyeJet

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The guy that needs to be at a podium taking fire, showing leadership and taking heat for his coach at least some of the time is Joe 'The Coward' Douglas.

Douglas picked Becton, Douglas picked Zach Wilson Douglas got played by the Packers like a fiddle in the Rodgers thing, Douglas is the guy that was okay as a gm to get all the garbage players that came along with Rodgers.  Alan Lazard 4 years, 44 million, Duane Brown is the LT.

Saleh is bad and he and his whole staff deserve to be turfed but I've not seen a Where's Waldo GM like Douglas who just disappears.  Just gutless.

They’re equally horrible and both seem to play off the other. **** them both.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The guy that needs to be at a podium taking fire, showing leadership and taking heat for his coach at least some of the time is Joe 'The Coward' Douglas.

Douglas picked Becton, Douglas picked Zach Wilson Douglas got played by the Packers like a fiddle in the Rodgers thing, Douglas is the guy that was okay as a gm to get all the garbage players that came along with Rodgers.  Alan Lazard 4 years, 44 million, Duane Brown is the LT.

Saleh is bad and he and his whole staff deserve to be turfed but I've not seen a Where's Waldo GM like Douglas who just disappears.  Just gutless.

Voluntarily taking reporters' questions after a game like this, when it's not customary and further doesn't do so after wins either, would be dumber and worse professional judgment than the dumbest player transaction you mention.

I absolutely get the desire to have him humiliated by repeated questions, so he can't rationalize any/all failures to Woody behind the scenes to preserve his job, but how often do GMs do such a thing? The last time I really remember it happening was when Idzik gave that meandering press conference that got himself fired. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

4 hours ago, PS17 said:

They’re equally horrible and both seem to play off the other. **** them both.

I feel like I can make an argument pro-JD (he's far from perfect but he's at least brought in a good amount of talent) but, the way things have gone, I really don't have any desire to.  On top of that, he's the one who hired Saleh. 

8 hours ago, Vader said:

Yeah that was a dumb and disrespectful question tbh

100%

fans detest Rex Ryan for making the jets into a circus, and then sh*t on Saleh for remaining measured in public and in the face of dumb ass reporters like dick chimney

no i do not want to see Saleh light up Becton on the sideline because its "at least something" or "fun"....in fact i want the coach giving reporters as little as possible, ideally as little as Bellicheck 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Except he didn't ask him what you are saying. Here is the question and response:

I would have had more respect for Cimini if he asked "we heard everyone was coming back next year, do you believe that should still be the case."

Asking why he's not throwing a tantrum is stupid because if he did Cimini would be the first one to make a headline saying how unprofessional Saleh was.

Hughes and Cimini are idiots. What’s ranting and yelling gonna do right now?? The season has been lost for weeks now. 

We all know changes need to be made. Nothing they can do to fix the offense right now. Stomping around and screaming at players isn’t gonna change anything. Just dumb. Least of their problems. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

8 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yes, actually I do.  At least then I’d know you still have a soul in there.  And would be fun to see.  While you are at it, get into one of your players grill for a change.  Light Becton’s ass up when he reaches the sideline after his fifth penalty.   You could do just about anything and it’d be an improvement 

No.

I want you, and Joe, to resign.  You're failures.

You clearly don't give a sh*t about this fanbase.

But no, feel free to stand on the sidelines like a statue all game doing piss all, as usual, losing embarrassingly, as usual, and cashing that check.

We wouldn't want you to have to stress out and actually discipline a player or make a decision or adjustment anything.

After all, you're safe next year, so keep that gravy train rolling.  

Enjoy your stairs.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Hughes and Cimini are idiots. What’s ranting and yelling gonna do right now?? The season has been lost for weeks now. 

We all know changes need to be made. Nothing they can do to fix the offense right now. Stomping around and screaming at players isn’t gonna change anything. Just dumb. Least of their problems. 

He should have said how positive he was that the team was heading in the right direction.   They guy is about manifisting results.  Standing their crying made him look like a victim.  He's not a victim.  If he has a plan to make this work and win tell us what it is.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Then Cimini was better at his job that Saleh is at his, because he got that soundbite and it's having the desired effect of inflaming those of us tired of this dogsh*t era of Jets football.  

no he isnt, he is actually really bad at it. he is a hack taking cheap shots.

• WTF? 1

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Granted it’s woody and Elhai who force Douglas to stay behind the scenes but it is a total spineless move. Douglas has been with the Jets for an eternity and he’s never seen. 

19 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

no he isnt, he is actually really bad at it. he is a hack taking cheap shots.

Asking why a coach isn’t angry isn’t a cheap shot. It’s football. Football coaches typically get angry when the same mistakes are made over and over. The positivity vibes nonsense hasn’t manifested into any winning so it’s a total valid question.

40 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Becton had like 50 penalities last night and was last seen laughing after the dolphins game. Jesus Christ lol

Woody giving both these guys a carte blanche pass after some of the worst football decisions and playing we’ve seen only to hang our hopes on a nearly 40 year old d-bag with maybe one usable offensive lineman, one receiver who looks like he wants out, and an actual buffoon calling the plays next year almost makes me want him to go back to England. Almost. 

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He should have said how positive he was that the team was heading in the right direction.   They guy is about manifisting results.  Standing their crying made him look like a victim.  He's not a victim.  If he has a plan to make this work and win tell us what it is.

I recognized year 1 that the team wasn’t practiced hard. Short practices, not much contact. Positive vibes. That stuff matters in football. You can’t fake it. Saleh thinks vibes are a shortcut. In reality it’s a way to rationalize not doing your job. It’s not a coincidence they continually commit stupid penalties. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Except he didn't ask him what you are saying. Here is the question and response:

I would have had more respect for Cimini if he asked "we heard everyone was coming back next year, do you believe that should still be the case."

Asking why he's not throwing a tantrum is stupid because if he did Cimini would be the first one to make a headline saying how unprofessional Saleh was.

I know exactly what he asked. I’m talking about the subtext of the question. But yeah you’re right, “why don’t you seem to care?” is a totally pointless question, while “do you think you should get fired?” is on some Frost/Nixon sh*t

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Eh I don’t know. Think it was a pretty fair question. I mean Saleh kept saying how well they played in the second half like….dude address getting your doors blown offf in the first half and your defense looking like Swiss cheese. He just constantly reminds you of Baghdad bob. A guy who is not in touch with reality and I think that’s why rich asked the question  

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

100%

fans detest Rex Ryan for making the jets into a circus, and then sh*t on Saleh for remaining measured in public and in the face of dumb ass reporters like dick chimney

no i do not want to see Saleh light up Becton on the sideline because its "at least something" or "fun"....in fact i want the coach giving reporters as little as possible, ideally as little as Bellicheck 

There is a difference between how he acts in a post game press conference and how he acts (or should act) on the sideline.  I get it - throwing the podium would be dumb.  But showing any sort of fire on the sideline is 100000% warranted when you have lost as much as this team and in the way that they do.

Lighting up Becton in particular would be a great place to start - his performance was completely and totally disgusting from an effort standpoint and is a perfect example of what Saleh has built here - zero accountability.

• Upvote 2