Turns out the Jets 2019 draft class was pretty damn good

LOL

Wild stat of the day:

The 2019 @nyjets draft class has combined to play well over 2,000 NFL snaps this season. If you had predicted that a year or two ago you would have landed in Bellevue.

And per PFF, the play has been mostly good with the exception of Trevon Wesco who is primarily a blocking TE with 10 starts.

Quinnen Williams: 90.6 (748 snaps)

Blake Cashman: 86.9 (606 snaps)

Chuma Edoga: 61.2 (411 snaps)

Trevon Wesco: 47.6 (413 snaps)

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty good lesson in why writing dudes off after a few games is a dumb idea.

Saw so many people sh*tting on QW and calling him  a bust early on.

Edoga is the biggest shock to me.  Heard he was a lazy bum early on and didn't want to take instruction.  Talent was there so maybe he did some growing up?

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Edoga is the biggest shock to me.  Heard he was a lazy bum early on and didn't want to take instruction.  Talent was there so maybe he did some growing up?

HE has none.  He got totally exposed a few weeks ago in Dallas when he had to play and looked just as bad as we all remember.

4 hours ago, Barton said:

MacCagnan drafted 3 different guys in the top 10 who made an all pro team (Jamal Adams, Leonard williams, Quinnen Williams)

Pretty crazy huh. 

Let's not forget when Leonard Williams was here we called him a bust and wanted him off the team. Jamal Adams has been trash when not a jet.

31 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Let's not forget when Leonard Williams was here we called him a bust and wanted him off the team. Jamal Adams has been trash when not a jet.

To be fair, Leonard only played up to his potential in 1 season - his contract year so he would get paid.

Aside from that, a good solid + player and nothing more. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Cash a was good but couldn’t stay on the field.  Sometimes it just takes time.

I’m gonna try to keep him and Demario Davis in my mind next time we draft a linebacker and they’re not good right away. I feel like in the modern passing nfl, off ball, primarily coverage likebacker is the hardest thing to learn on defense. For some of these kids it could feel like a whole different game depending on what they were asked to do in college ball. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

McCagnan was a dreadful GM but Joe Douglas is really giving him a run for his money.

The guy who actually acted like a smart GM and had a real plan was the infamous John Idzik, he just couldn't draft.

To be fair to Idzik, that 2014 draft was quite terrible.  It was, like true Jet luck, the WORST year to have 12 picks.

14 hours ago, Hex said:

We've still using PFF here?

The alternative is sitting down to watch roughly 150 hours of football games IDGAF about so yeah, I'm going with PFF.

Feel free to watch all of their games and let us know how you graded them out.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

McCagnan was a dreadful GM but Joe Douglas is really giving him a run for his money.

The guy who actually acted like a smart GM and had a real plan was the infamous John Idzik, he just couldn't draft.

the 2022 draft doesnt put him no where near Mac. and Moore is having a decent year away from Zach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

The alternative is sitting down to watch roughly 150 hours of football games IDGAF about so yeah, I'm going with PFF.

Feel free to watch all of their games and let us know how you graded them out.

So don't watch the games and rely on someone else who also didn't watch (maybe, maybe not) but creates grades pretending they did. 👍

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I loved Idzik's approach (which I saw as "build through the draft") but he had a colossally bad draft and that was the end of him as GM of the NYJ.

• Upvote 1

I loved Idzik's approach (which I saw as "build through the draft") but he had a colossally bad draft and that was the end of him as GM of the NYJ.
Idzik's plan relied on copious amounts of patience. Never going to happen in NY.

Just like a lot of the players listed above - they were "busts" because they weren't amazing straight away.

Everyone wants the one-year rebuild and being competitive straight away, because it happened somewhere else once or twice. Just ignore the amount of times it doesn't work out that way.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

His approach needed time. It was a bad draft in general. Maybe two more 10+ pick draft classes would have resulted into something.

Before this Rodgers stuff, JD had a build through the draft approach. He signed vets as placeholders.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

They are both terrible. JDs claim to fame were the Adams and Darnold trades but he somewhat squandered that by trading up. Then he made one of the worst trades ever for Rodgers. He gets a lot of credit for Sauce and Wilson but quite frankly a five year old with a draft guide probably makes the same picks.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, AFJF said:

FWIW NFL films guru Greg Cosell loved Edoga coming out of USC, thought he had very good traits to project as an NFL caliber pass protector.

20 hours ago, Untouchable said:

image.jpeg.351d1270017badead127586b52d8571b.jpeg

Macc wasted a day 2 pick on Jachai Polite

Tells you everything you need to know about him

Picking top 5 is easy purely in terms of “strikeout percentage”

Odds are you will land an elite player even if you have no clue what you’re doing because every team’s board is virtually the same as far as having some permutation of the consensus top players.

20 hours ago, AFJF said:

Don LaGreca used to do the Jets pregame and post game shows, was making the statement that the Jets should trade QW because he wasn't getting sacks his 1st year.