Where will Zach Wilson end up next year? As in what team?

Get the jokes out of your system by posing CFL and usfl teams ....that's it that'ts fine...... now that that is out of the way....

He is not going to be back with the Jets, no way no how, he will be traded for a later rounder or cut.  So what team do you think he will end up being on?

I think there are two basic scenarios, one, a team that liked him in his draft year feels it is well worth picking him up as a number three guy on the cheap, basically the Dallas picking up Trey Lance scenario.

The second is some team who is going to lose their decent back up, picks up wilson to be their backup.  Guys like Minshew and Brissett and Tannehill and maybe Mike White will probably switch teams.

What team does he end up on?

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jake Locker route 

Gets to camp next year. The coach is a little rough on him. Receivers verbally smack him around a little bit in the huddle. Realizes the owner isn’t going to intervene on his behalf…

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Gets to camp next year. The coach is a little rough on him. Receivers verbally smack him around a little bit in the huddle. Realizes the owner isn’t going to intervene on his behalf…

The retirement scenario wouldn’t shock me. Or at least a gap year where he goes back home and figures out what he wants to do. Saleh says things as nice as humanly possible but him telling Zach to go read a book last off-season was exactly that. (This was before woody presumably stepped in) Also why I’m concerned with his McDonald comments. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Broncos or Rams

If I were him, I'd take the vet minimum to go to one of those coaches and just learn. 

Agreed.  He should go to the best organization he can get to with the best CS/OC and supporting cast.  Take less money but develop his game.  He's still young enough to have a very long career after 1-2 years of good coaching.

• Upvote 1

He stays with the Jets.  Woody insists that JD give him a five year deal with a no-trade clause. 100 % guaranteed money.  Promises JD he wont be fired under any circumstances so long as he goes along with it and takes full public responsibility for the move

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

I think Zach knows he’s not ready, he kind of embraced the situation he was in to begin the season, ready to learn from Rodgers. He needs a reset if he ever wants a real chance at sticking. I think he’ll want to continue that route. He’ll prefer to go somewhere where the starter is established, where the coaching staff is established…at least that’ll be his preference. KC would be an interesting landing spot with Andy Reid, SF could be as well. McVay is someone who has done some work with guys like baker. I think those spots make a ton of sense, but it’s going to be hard to guess who will have interest in him.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Broncos or Rams

If I were him, I'd take the vet minimum to go to one of those coaches and just learn. 

I was thinking of the Rams also but I don’t think Lafleur would be interested.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I was thinking of the Rams also but I don’t think Lafluer would be interested.

Talk about sticking it up certain coaches ass, any success with MLF makes some people look really really bad….

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I don't know who would trade for him with his current contact but a team like Kcc makes sense because Andy Reid went to byu too 

I never would have guessed Andy was LDS. Learn something new everyday, I guess...

• Haha 1

Lol, forgot how ridiculous this quote was at the conclusion of last year…and then we brought him back!

Go read a book, go do something. Get away from this game, just reset,” Saleh said. “I think the greatest strength and greatest gift you can give yourself as a human is to figure out what’s important to you, what do you value, and how can you stick to those values day in and day out. That isthe greatest gift you can give yourself, is to discover yourself, and I think Zach needs to get away, read a book and figure that out.”

• Haha 2