Cimini - Aaron on fixing the JETS ...

3 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

If Rodgers was in his prime, I’d gladly accept all of the baggage that he brings. But going on 41 years old, I still don’t understand why we made a trade that has such lasting effects. We owe the guy over $50 million in 2025, that is insane. The present sucks and the future looks even worse. 

I mean, it's pretty obvious why.  He's one of the GOATs, was still playing at a level above any QB we've ever had, had a history of not missing games, the price wasn't THAT steep compared to what elite QBs typically go for(even if it cost us the 1st, since in that scenario we'd probably be a WC team right now), and Woody and Co. thought he'd be the perfect combo of guy who could help us win NOW while salvaging their 2nd overall pick investment.  

It was a risk, and it failed.  At least to this point.  Half of the plan is already dead(helping Zach).  It's still possible he can win us one, but right now sh*t ain't looking good.  Let's not pretend this move wasn't universally praised though.  Even those who thought the compensation was too high still thought he was the right guy to target.  

Other than that though I agree.  I can deal with the drama if he was on the field winning us games.  As it stands now though it's a bit much.  

2 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

What exactly are the Jets flushing?

With the exception of trying to trade Zach Wilson, it seems like they are running it back through and through.  Completely inept, historically bad offense?  No worries, not a single coach is getting fired.

I'm sure mcafee is going to ask this question tomorrow. rodgers isn't likely to give much in terms of specifics but might clarify the types of things he's referring to or something.

probably mostly need to have the right cleats in cleveland.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

If Rodgers was in his prime, I’d gladly accept all of the baggage that he brings. But going on 41 years old, I still don’t understand why we made a trade that has such lasting effects. We owe the guy over $50 million in 2025, that is insane. The present sucks and the future looks even worse. 

$37.5MM, but it's a lot no doubt.

Caveat = the cap ceiling will probably be pushing $260MM by then.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Rodgers influence brought us:

Nat Hackett

Billy Turner

Randall Cobb

Allan Lazard

Tim Boyle

Dalvin Cook

This guy knows jack, I would not listen to one thing he says.  He says get rid of bs and yet he is more concerned with surrounding himself with buddies than good football players.

Just like the coach and Keith Carter. 

The New York Jets have become the New York Friends. 

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Nat Hackett

Billy Turner

Randall Cobb

Allan Lazard

Tim Boyle

Dalvin Cook

This guy knows jack, I would not listen to one thing he says.  He says get rid of bs and yet he is more concerned with surrounding himself with buddies than good football players.

Great players very often don’t make great GMs.  Lebron James is a good example 

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Let's not pretend this move wasn't universally praised though.

95% of this board wanted him. now there all falling for these rookie QBs and dont want Rodgers anymore. how many times are we going to fall for these rookie QBs.? history has told us one maybe 2 tops out of the 5 or so 1st rd QBs will be ok to good at best.

but there so quick to want to roll that dice again with about a 20% chance of getting it right.

47 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

So how does doing a weekly spot on the Pat McAfee directly involves winning ?

There's just no plausible way this Rodgers experiment ends well.

Even if they sneak in with a desperation 7th seed or something next year, they're not winning it all, and then you're staring at a 41 year-old QB and a bunch of talented rookies eligible for extensions and begging to escape the Florham Park dumpster fire.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

There's just no plausible way this Rodgers experiment ends well.

Even if they sneak in with a desperation 7th seed or something next year, they're not winning it all, and then you're staring at a 41 year-old QB and a bunch of talented rookies eligible for extensions and begging to escape the Florham Park dumpster fire.

He's pretty much going to start the season with the same O-line. Even if he plays all 17 games, they won't finish better than 8-9, and Earth to Jets fans, he's not lasting all 17 games. 

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Nat Hackett

Billy Turner

Randall Cobb

Allan Lazard

Tim Boyle

Dalvin Cook

I like AR8 (and love his stance and outspokenness on the vax!) but there's no getting around the fact that his GM'ing skills have been awful.  Imo, that was probably the #1 thing that held us back this year.  Let JD pick the players.

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 2