Will Aaron Rodgers Fix The Offense?

Of course he would. I've said this since he got hurt, Rodgers is the offensive coordinator. He changes the plays at the line and moves protection around to compensate for the lines weaknesses. Losing him was devastating. The reaction to that was a ****in joke by this staff. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

This isn't Woody selling a bag of goods lol 

This is an nfl starting receiver, one of the best in the league, stating the obvious. I'll take the word of that individual than that of arm chair GMs who post on an internet board, myself included 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

A lot of people were caught headline chasing today, but for those who actually listened to Rodgers’ spot on McAfee caught some important points regarding his standing with the Jets: 

Aaron said he sees himself playing here for 2-to-3 then reevaluating after that. He didn’t rule out playing more, and he basically said the only way he would play less if the Jets didn’t want him back. He did allude to having a working relationship with Woody and Christopher as well. All of these factors are pretty significant and could indicate that Rodgers will be here for a while no matter what happens in the 2024 season

He's been saying this since last April.  Not sure why half the board still acts like he's done after next year.

Excellent QB play and production would certainly improve the team we saw in 2023 by a wide margin. 

We were the worst offense in the NFL (ranked 29th in points, 32nd in yards) in 2023, on the back of league-worst QB play.  And yet we still finished 7-10.

Improve those metrics, and QB production, materially and it's hard not to see that having an effect on the W/L columns.

But it would all depend on how much improvement we see.  If Rodgers is somewhere in the 20's for QB metrics, we likely don't improve much.

If he's a top 5 or top 10 QB, and the D is anything close to what it was much of this season, it would seem hard to see that team not competing for a post-season berth, and perhaps a good berth at that.

But it all comes down to Rodgers, his health, and the quality of his play.  Which, as of now, remains entirely speculative and TBD.

And worse, Rodgers himself may come down to what the Oline looks like come 2024.  As of now....that doesn't engender optimism IMO.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Pac said:

He's been saying this since last April.  Not sure why half the board still acts like he's done after next year.

He’s starting to get more specific on duration though. I don’t recall him ever saying he would be here for 4 years this past summer. So the way I heard it, he’s basically chalking up 2023 as a lost season and maintaining that he’ll be playing for 2-3 years, while being open to longer if he can still play

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

He’s starting to get more specific on duration though. I don’t recall him ever saying he would be here for 4 years this past summer. So the way I heard it, he’s basically chalking up 2023 as a lost season and maintaining that he’ll be playing for 2-3 years, while being open to longer if he can still play

I've said it from the beginning....too much money + too much power (NBA level) for a player, especially after an entire career of feeling "boxed in" and without a voice in personnel and organizational decisions for Rodgers to give it up after a year or two.

I expect him here 2024 + 2025 + maybe 2026 as he's suggesting.

There are going to be a LOT of shocked people next year.

He is coming off his worst year since his rookie year, two injury years in a row, missed a full season and he actually froze up on the play he got injured on, he looked like Mitch McConnell back there.

Will the Jets offense be better than the disgrace from this year?  Yes, will it be 'good'?  No

In the words of Jackie Childs.....

• Upvote 1

I believe the QB is by far the most important person in an organization. Look what happened to the Pats once Brady left.

If Rodgers is still the top 10 QB he was prior to the trade, then yes I think he fixes a lot of issues. Are we Super Bowl contenders just with addition Rodgers? No. But playoffs for sure.

We need to build the OL and add another big time WR.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

I believe the QB is by far the most important person in an organization. Look what happened to the Pats once Brady left.

If Rodgers is still the top 10 QB he was prior to the trade, then yes I think he fixes a lot of issues. Are we Super Bowl contenders just with addition Rodgers? No. But playoffs for sure.

But he wasn't a top 10 QB prior to the trade, the year before that maybe.  He a plain middle of the pack his last year in green bay and then another year of age last year.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

But he wasn't a top 10 QB prior to the trade, the year before that maybe.  He a plain middle of the pack his last year in green bay and then another year of age last year.

the year before that, maybe? Who were the 10 that were maybe better when he won league MVP that year?

• Upvote 1

Seems crazy to think Arod would fix the offense by himself. There are obvious needs on offense. I'm surprised to hear GW say this. Maybe he's just an optimistic guy and supporting his QB or whatever but I respect him and he obviously knows more about the situation and the offense than we do. I don't know if he's the type to sugar coat sh*t - seems like he's pretty real.

I guess it's hard to recapture that optimism a lot of us had before the season after the garbage we just watched for 18 weeks. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, football guy said:

A lot of people were caught headline chasing today, but for those who actually listened to Rodgers’ spot on McAfee caught some important points regarding his standing with the Jets: 

Aaron said he sees himself playing here for 2-to-3 then reevaluating after that. He didn’t rule out playing more, and he basically said the only way he would play less if the Jets didn’t want him back. He did allude to having a working relationship with Woody and Christopher as well. All of these factors are pretty significant and could indicate that Rodgers will be here for a while no matter what happens in the 2024 season

If he has a working relationship with Woody, and it was clear to ownership that Rodgers was looking to commit to another 2-3 YEARS before re-evaluating, WTF was Wilson doing on the roster this year?  Was our "braintrust" legitimately looking to pay Wilson to sit around for potentially 5 years waiting for his chance vs. trading him with a few years left on his rookie deal?   Something doesn't pass the sniff test here...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GreenFish said:

But he wasn't a top 10 qb his last year with the Packers. And the Packers got better without him.

11 hours ago, Falco21 said:

Of course he would. I've said this since he got hurt, Rodgers is the offensive coordinator. He changes the plays at the line and moves protection around to compensate for the lines weaknesses. Losing him was devastating. The reaction to that was a ****in joke by this staff. 

Really?…how did that go on the 4th play of the season?