Which coach would you hire to hypothetically replace Saleh?

Presuming all are available and would take the job  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

23 minutes ago, Wit said:

You think they will fire him? I would hire him before he dropped his post firing duece: if I’m
Saleh I stay on as co head coach.

No, I don’t, but he was an option in the hypothetical poll so I chose him.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

McDaniel.

Rodgers won back-to-back MVPs in that system and he’s a brilliant offensive minded coach who, clearly, understands that defense is important based on his hiring of Fangio, one of the best in the NFL.

I don’t see him as the reason why the Dolphins choked away the division.  I believe we’re seeing the McVay/Goff situation repeating itself.  Tua is a solid-to-somewhat above-average QB being uplifted by talent and scheme.  Give McDaniel an Aaron Rodgers caliber QB and he takes them to the moon.

Harbaugh’s style of offense still gives me pause.

I’ve liked what I’ve seen from McDaniel a lot from afar 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

How bout this guy. Jersey native.
Has led his team to 2 consecutive division titles……
Todd Bowles anyone?????
Only the Jets

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Benefits from being in a crappy division. Wouldn't keep up with the Bills and Dolphins if he came back to the Jets. Just too passive as a head coach.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

McDaniel.

Rodgers won back-to-back MVPs in that system and he’s a brilliant offensive minded coach who, clearly, understands that defense is important based on his hiring of Fangio, one of the best in the NFL.

I don’t see him as the reason why the Dolphins choked away the division.  I believe we’re seeing the McVay/Goff situation repeating itself.  Tua is a solid-to-somewhat above-average QB being uplifted by talent and scheme.  Give McDaniel an Aaron Rodgers caliber QB and he takes them to the moon.

Harbaugh’s style of offense still gives me pause.

McCarthy wanted to coach Wilson up from his very first game as a rookie.  He should have been the hire.  Not that things would definitely have been better with Wilson, but they Might have been.

The Jets draft a Rookie QB, use the 2nd pick in the nation, and then send him out on the lake in a row boat with no ores.

The last time the Jets felt like a team that was coached in Every aspect of the game was when a real HC was here…Bill Parcells.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Presuming all are available and would take the job, which coach would you replace Saleh with in the event that Woody fired him? 

we already screwed the Mike McCarthy when we hired Gase and McCarthy wanted to come here.... the name missing is Jon Gruden and Lane Tiffin

20 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

McCarthy wanted to coach Wilson up from his very first game as a rookie.  He should have been the hire.  Not that things would definitely have been better with Wilson, but they Might have been.

The Jets draft a Rookie QB, use the 2nd pick in the nation, and then send him out on the lake in a row boat with no ores.

The last time the Jets felt like a team that was coached in Every aspect of the game was when a real HC was here…Bill Parcells.

I think you mean McCarthy wanted to coach Sam Darnold, as 2019 was the last coaching cycle he was available in but, yes, I agree.  He should have been the hire.

• Upvote 1

The list is a lot longer than this. I could rattle off 15 and I just git back from chiefs game and body frozen ( free tickets). 
Did you keep all fingers and toes ????

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Waiting for everything to unthawed but survived. Ended up in lower deck close to field which makes you appreciate the game is still won by the big guys on the line or at least in January. Chiefs just bullied Tua and Mahomes is a cheat code.  Definitely ended my confusion on draft a ol or wr at 10. One is worthless without the other. 

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Presuming all are available and would take the job, which coach would you replace Saleh with in the event that Woody fired him? 

Your missing Carroll.

If it was for a one year let’s go get the damn SB with Rodgers and we retool the weapons on O he is the perfect guy.

Saleh runs Carrolls D scheme so that’s an easy transition and you keep Rodgers/Hackett as OC pray he stays healthy and see what happens.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Jets are going to the playoffs next year. Super Bowl run.

Douglas and Saleh long term extensions are headed their way.

Yellowstone Coffee Mug John Dutton Royal Norfolk Turquoise Cup 12 Oz. Set  Of 4

our leader …. Yes sir.. Aaron get the horses!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

For those voting for Belichick why not just vote for Palpatine to run the Make-a-Wish foundation while you’re at it? 

Well, he and his team ended all poverty,  homelessness and disease. On Alderaan.

• Haha 1

One name I can think of is Steve Wilks current DC of the 49ers to replace Saleh a former SF DC. He was on the CS at Carolina last year and after Matt Ruhle fired with a 1-4 record Wilks took over as Interim HC and was 6-6 for the rest of the season. And look at the record of Carolina this season and another fired HC. The one guy who had a competitive record with a really bad team was Wilks. He's a lot better than Saleh. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

For me.... Harbaugh, Vrabel, McDaniel..... in that order.

Don't want anything to do with Belichick or McCarthy.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Any of them except for Belichick. 

Harbaugh would be my first choice.

Belichick wouldn’t be a consideration for me - not a believer in hiring a 72 year old coach 

This but I’d take Vrabel first. I’m not a believer of hiring a senior citizen to run a sports team or anything else like an entire country. 

• Haha 1