Preferred jets coach

Next jets coach, not public  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer as the jets coach this season, right now?

• The Bellichicken
    • Saleh
    • Other

Harbaugh was the call for this team, this year and for the next five years.

He could have dealt with AR8 for a year, and JD would have been given the choice report to Harbaugh, or leave. 

Harbaugh could have shaped the Jets into an entirely different and better team, in the long-term.  I do believe that the 49ers today still benefit from the Harbaugh/McCoughlan years, just like the Jets benefitted from Parcells for many years after.  

Next year we end up with that year's equivalent of Dave Canales. 

• Upvote 3

Get me the best offensive mind out there. In the case of a coordinator, I would have to say that is Bobby Slowik, from an offensive coordinator standpoint. 

Why Woody keeps going with these defensive supposed gurus, I have no idea. The game is an offensive game now. You need one of those minds. And you know, even if you get a good offensive mind as a coordinator, he will be eventually hired away.  And then you are back to square one. 

Get someone with an offensive philosophy and fill in there. Most other teams are doing it this way. Woody just can't. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Woody’s idea of hiring a proven HC would be Matt Nagy

Harbaugh is now out of the question. Payton is in Denver.

We might as well just stick with Saleh

Vrabel is still around

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

The second you listed "other" as an option, this poll was destroyed.  Would have actually been curious to see who would have won between Saleh and Belichick.  

This would have been interesting. BB is a better defensive coach than Saleh and he is a better CEO type of coach that Saleh. He is not better than JD at player acquisition.

Despite that, I’m taking BB without question.

However, with other on the poll, it’s other for me.

• Upvote 1

The second you listed "other" as an option, this poll was destroyed.  Would have actually been curious to see who would have won between Saleh and Belichick.  

I voted before reading the third option.

Can I change it?

The table is set for 2024.    There are plates on the table for 2025, but not everything else, and we can change the china.

BB is in the process of mismanaging himself.   The Jets are making a big bet on their table in 2024, and I think it is going to go badly.

Woody should be able to blow up the whole thing in 2025.  If BB is available, I would hand him the keys.  Give him 5 years to start from scratch.  Let him break the win record as a Jet.  

Woody will fly to Palm Beach and promise to stay there.

Maybe BB could change the entire organization and set it on a different trajectory.  He is obviously very flawed, but I would rather somebody like him in 2025 than somebody's OC or DC.  

But we should not kid ourselves into thinking that this is NOT JD's and Saleh's last year.   This is it, and Woody is laughing at their expiring contracts and the ability to change GM's and coaches and not pay damages for the first time...ever.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

Woody will not fire him midseason, but Black Monday, they are all gone. 

The Jets are way too lazy to make a coaching change in season. Also why they’re not making any changes this year. 

• Upvote 1

should even be close. the 2 guys who voted for BB need there head examined.

left us 23 years ago after one day and we are going to crawl back to him. have some pride.

i doubt vey much he would come here cause he hates us. it would just be a joke in the book he writes someday...

" can you believe the Jets called me back in 2024 to be their HC...HA-HA-HA...

and thats not me laughing thats what he would write in his book. just setting us up for one last F.U from Bill.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets are way too lazy to make a coaching change in season. Also why they’re not making any changes this year. 

Conveniently for Saleh, there’s no one on the coaching staff even remotely qualified to jump in as HC midseason unless Rodgers gets uppity and wants Nate Hackett to run things

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The issue isn't solely about laziness but that probably has something to do with it; I think it's more about Woody Johnson's lack of connections within the league and his inability to identify suitable candidates.

Bill Parcells appointed Al Groh after Belichick's departure and bumbling moron Woody Johnson wasn't going to not listen to his majesty.

The NFL effectively appointed Herm Edwards as head coach after Groh fled. John Idzick's recruitment was facilitated by Korn Ferry, while Charlie Casserly and Ron Wolf were responsible for hiring Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles.

After more than two decades as owner, Woody still has zero relationships across the league and a no clear strategy for hiring. He probably is lazy, but this is more about incompetence than anything.

10 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

The issue isn't solely about laziness but that probably has something to do with it; I think it's more about Woody Johnson's lack of connections within the league and his inability to identify suitable candidates.

Bill Parcells appointed Al Groh after Belichick's departure and bumbling moron Woody Johnson wasn't going to not listen to his majesty.

The NFL effectively appointed Herm Edwards as head coach after Groh fled. John Idzick's recruitment was facilitated by Korn Ferry, while Charlie Casserly and Ron Wolf were responsible for hiring Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles.

After more than two decades as owner, Woody still has zero relationships across the league and a no clear strategy for hiring. He probably is lazy, but this is more about incompetence than anything.

Relationships take effort. I don’t think Woody cares.