*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Would signing Tyron Smith and Zietler be enough to put out the flames? Probably what's needed

This is as good a time to reopen this can of worms… including $ of course, what has the horrific Rodgers debacle cost us?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

For the 10 thousandth time this is why you do not pay mosley and retain mosley  on an absurd contract.    You can find lbs anywhere, heck Bobby wagner lead the league in tackles last year and got cut.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

For the 10 thousandth time this is why you do not pay mosley and retain mosley  on an absurd contract.    You can find lbs anywhere, heck Bobby wagner lead the league in tackles last year and got cut.

paying Mosley was Douglass' drafting back to back safeties moment

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

paying Mosley was Douglass' drafting back to back safeties moment

He didn't pay mosely, he just didn't cut him and take the huge dead cap hit.

He also moved more money to the back end, making cutting him now more costly.

• Upvote 2

JD is clearly asleep at the wheel but I'm still pretty skeptical a guy on the verge of signing a contract of $80mm plus and likely weighing multiple offers is chatting it up with whatever uStadium is...
He cant sign with anyone until Wednesday anyway.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Would signing Tyron Smith and Zietler be enough to put out the flames? Probably what's needed

What I would love, and hear me out on this, is for them to express interest in an OL and then get beaten out for a reasonable cost because JD didn't want to budge.

#duediligence

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, slats said:

One of the things I was hoping to see this year was far fewer Rodgers’ recommended FAs. I understood doing some catering to him last year but now he’s under contract (unlike when they brought in Lazard and Hackett) and Douglas needs to get back to trusting his staff and targeting players who have a deeper resume than, “buds with Aaron.” 

*remaining staff

Eventually the Jets will sign a few offensive lineman.  Unfortunately, and once again, they will wait to shop off the rack with an eye for bargains.  Thats okay when you are finding complimentary and depth pieces. Unfortunately their OL was a complete dumpster fire.  They are in win now mode with a soon to be 41 year old QB who needs to be protected.  they need TALENT!  They are missing a second round pick and they need three OL starters.  THREE!  The owner raises season ticket prices and asks us to make financial ‘commitment$’ before LAST SEASON WAS EVEN OVER.  Meanwhile its the same old same old with this organization.

So today we’ll watch OL starters sign with other teams.  Tomorrow we’ll sign the next iteration of Billy Taylor and we’ll hear bed time stories and fairy tales about what a good deal we got on those backup quality guards and tackles 🤡

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

44 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

We need 3 fn starters on the OL and JD is still rummaging the bargin bin

Not saying this is the case - we know nothing will be coming out of Florham Park. No proof but I also think JD tries to keep agents silent as long as possible.  OT & WR market so far have been quiet

• Upvote 1