For haters, JD brilliant

3 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

The Jets would probably be better if there weren’t any Jets fans.

Funny how the owners, the players, the networks, the advertisers, the stadium builders, none of them give a flying shi* about the fans.

Every move they make is 'a business decision' but the fans?  Well as a fan you are expected to support your team no matter how awful or incompetent they are.

Would actually be great to see the fans walk for a couple of years and then see how they are treated when all the other stake holders are getting nothing,

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Its hard to argue with this. Joe has not only filled the roster but the contracts are pretty team friendly.

I am excited for the draft. Hope we trade down and pick up some extra picks.

• Upvote 3

JD has been up and down with the Jets.

The last year was awful, and he deserves a lot of blame starting with “Zach needs to sit” to “Zach is our starter”.  Illogical.

Last year, he let Rodgers run the show and didn’t have a contingency plan.

Went Defense in round 1 when Offense was the right call.  Relied too heavily on Saleh’s man crush for guys like Duane Brown.  

So let’s not play the JD deserves our trust game.  The fact is he is lucky to have a job.

The key question for me is what has changed when you look at the smart plan he developed and is executing this offseason?

1. Pressure of win now?  He’s certainly not mortgaging the future as many in a precarious position might have done

2. Putting on his big boy pants and taking this by the horn?  Did his consensus decision making lead to bad decisions?  Hogan / MiLF wanted Zach.  Saleh wanted Will McDonald.  Rodgers wanted Lazard, Cobb, Turner, Cook.  

My gut is that JD has learned that he needs to be that guy and overrule some of the piss poor inputs he’s relied too heavily on.  And that might be the refreshing change this team needed.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Or how mistakes attributed to him he didn't do and all the good stuff which there is many, never seem to be mentioned.

Joe is doing gm stuff like he always does. It feels good to have a football guy running the show.

Way to go Joe Douglas 

😂😂😂 bravo, sir. I’ll be the first to tell you JD killed it in free agency but if you think this makes up for all of the idiotic decisions he has made, then you are absolutely delusional. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is correcting a lot of his huge errors from last year.

He might just have seized the GM reigns back from Rodgers.

The next big test for him will be the draft.

If he does not STILL go heavy heavy offense then he is being herded by Saleh.

He has filled some short term holes but he needs to go all out offense.

You mean Saleh. We know it wasn’t rodgers clamoring to use 23 1st round pick on a DL for depth. When O had holes all over. Saleh can’t be happy to see so much $$ spread around for O, not much for D. Major shift from normal jet way of business. Hopefully the 10th overall still goes to the O. 

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

We shall see.

lots of old vets that are injured

time will tell could be a disaster

Only one post in!  

This franchise has destroyed the psyche of an entire fanbase.

You can't ask your GM to do more than what he is done.  Will it result in victories?  Who knows.  Joe Douglas has been the best GM this franchise has had since Parcells.  It hasn't resulted in victories (thanks to lousy QB play that he was a part in picking), but he has done well.  

Hopefully, the next GM can build on the solid base JD has started. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

😂😂😂 bravo, sir. I’ll be the first to tell you JD killed it in free agency but if you think this makes up for all of the idiotic decisions he has made, then you are absolutely delusional. 

Do you want me to spoil the ending of this movie?

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If you could point out all the GM's in the NFL who hasn't made an 'idiotic decision' according to each fan base, I would be grateful.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

If you could point out all the GM's in the NFL who hasn't made an 'idiotic decision' according to each fan base, I would be grateful.  

1 or 2 bad decisions is an outlier.

Multiple bad decisions is a trend.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1 or 2 bad decisions is an outlier.

Multiple bad decisions is a trend.

It’s hard to even respond to these guys. You cannot change their complacent mindset. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

It’s hard to even respond to these guys. You cannot change their complacent mindset. 

I also love how having valid concerns backed up by empirical evidence makes you a “hater.”  

For these guys it is absolute heresy to them for anyone to be objective on a day where something good happens simply because it brings down their “vibes.”

• Upvote 2

I like what JD has done this off-season although it would’ve  been nice to sign one or two of these guys beyond 2024.

That said, I expect this season to still be up in flames for one reason or another by mid October. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Extend him. 

He’s competent, well thought out, decisive, and has a master plan. I’m aware of all the whiffs. He’s done enough to overcome them. 

I think Woody takes us back to the Dark Ages if we lose Joe.

@Mogglez

Here’s an interesting post. Let’s give this man an extension this second regardless of what happens during the season and the draft. This is what I’m talking about. It’s not worth the energy. 

• Haha 1

If all these moves work out as the best case scenario then it could absolutely make a big difference.  However, that was similarly said for JD's preceding 5 years on the job and it often didn't tend to work out that way.

I have no particular reason to hate on this offseason at this point, but it's also the furthest thing from a slam dunk.  If we end up with yet another round of injury-plagued and performance-regressing players with depth unable to correct for it, that will serve to be an indictment, not an excuse.

I'm absolutely rooting for the Jets' luck to finally change this time around, but it's still a very fragile situation at the moment, there's really no denying that.

44 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You mean Saleh. We know it wasn’t rodgers clamoring to use 23 1st round pick on a DL for depth. When O had holes all over. Saleh can’t be happy to see so much $$ spread around for O, not much for D. Major shift from normal jet way of business. Hopefully the 10th overall still goes to the O. 

Hackett, Cobb, lazard, turner, boyle, amos, cook

all brought in to appease aaron rodgers, not robert saleh

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Hackett, Cobb, lazard, turner, boyle, amos, cook

all brought in to appease aaron rodgers, not robert saleh

The buck stops with JD. I think he liked some of those signings too. No way he signed Dalvin Cook thinking he was cooked. Lol