For haters, JD brilliant

50 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

5 years ago Joe came here with a specific goal to fix the QB room, OL, and WRs.

5 years later we are celebrating his latest attempts to do so after Sam Darnold, James Morgan, Zach Wilson, Denzel Mims, Breshad Perriman, Keelan Cole, Elijah Moore, Mecole Hardman, Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, Ryan Kalil, Mekhi Becton, Conor McGovern, Alex Lewis Greg Van Roten, Duane Brown, Laken Tomlinson, Nate Herbig, Cedric Ogbuehi, and Max Mitchell didn’t get the job done at those respective units, under his leadership.

I’m happy with the off-season so far.  I’m not even day dreaming about a possible extension for Joe right now.

you're getting tagged in here worse than the 2 dollar Blonde at ANGELICA'S in Port Arthur back in the day

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Paradis said:

you're getting tagged in here worse than the 2 dollar Blonde at ANGELICA'S in Port Arthur back in the day

Back to our safe space I gooooooo.

• Haha 3

JD definitely stepped up and has done well in FA.  This has to carry over to the draft.  Let’s pump the brakes on any extension talk for him.  Still need to have results on the field.  

4 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Joe Douglas fans are never louder than the off season. Love to beat their chests and declare every move a brilliant winner that will work out.

Then the games start and they shrink and start complaining people are negative.

His moves might work out, but like most things, most of these moves are boom or bust with high probability of bust. He signed a bunch of players with injury concerns in a team who consistently has tons of injuries because he keeps bringing these types in.

He needs to hire someone who can be much better with strength and conditioning and maintaining the proper health of the players as well as convincing his boss to change the field to grass. That would help eliminate many of the issues even with often injured players.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Entire new OL, stud WR, only lost situational pass rusher for big money. 

Has done a great job this offseason.  

All due respect to those that want to be optimistic....but its been 5 years with JD.   We have seen no results....as in ZERO.   Do his moves make sense on paper....sure.   But you can't continually fill holes with injury prone has beens.   The time for hey this looks good in March is LONG past.   Show me on the field or GTFO.

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

Extend him. 

He’s competent, well thought out, decisive, and has a master plan. I’m aware of all the whiffs. He’s done enough to overcome them. 

I think Woody takes us back to the Dark Ages if we lose Joe.

Nothing says Master plan like panicking and trading for a 40 year old mushroom addict qb and then filling the roster with old vets that can't stay healthy.

• Post of the Week 1

It’s about wins, so far JD ran front office hasn’t delivered nearly enough. I like the moves, but they are master of the obvious. I think he was lucky Smith wanted to play with Rogers and throw a bunch of money at a Receiver coming off an ACL.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hawk said:

Yeah, but.....

His record.

You're finally looking at facts and numbers and not using emotion.  and they said you were stubborn. :)

His moves so far have been decent....   after 5 years maybe we will win more than 7 games under the great Joe D? 

• Haha 2

Time will tell ... Signed guys that are studs when healthy but are coming off injuries or have chronic injury history

The Huff loss was a judicious decision .a tough one that hopefully, proves out over time.

Not gonna lie ... Some exciting possibilities.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, pajet said:

All due respect to those that want to be optimistic....but its been 5 years with JD.   We have seen no results....as in ZERO.   Do his moves make sense on paper....sure.   But you can't continually fill holes with injury prone has beens.   The time for hey this looks good in March is LONG past.   Show me on the field or GTFO.

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Nothing says Master plan like panicking and trading for a 40 year old mushroom addict qb and then filling the roster with old vets that can't stay healthy.

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

It’s about wins, so far JD ran front office hasn’t delivered nearly enough. I like the moves, but they are master of the obvious. I think he was lucky Smith wanted to play with Rogers and throw a bunch of money at a Receiver coming off an ACL.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

5 years later we are celebrating his latest attempts to do so after Sam Darnold, James Morgan, Zach Wilson, Denzel Mims, Breshad Perriman, Keelan Cole, Elijah Moore, Mecole Hardman, Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, Ryan Kalil, Mekhi Becton, Conor McGovern, Alex Lewis Greg Van Roten, Duane Brown, Laken Tomlinson, Nate Herbig, Cedric Ogbuehi, and Max Mitchell didn’t get the job done at those respective units, under his leadership.

I’m happy with the off-season so far.  I’m not even day dreaming about a possible extension for Joe right now.

Gold!!!!!!  Figured I'd put them all together so the cheerleaders can neg rep your facts all at once.  How dare you bring up his record and pee all over their off-season. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, David Harris said:

Agree to disagree. 

It’s not binary. Not all good or all bad. 

I’ve seen enough Jets football to recognize competency.  I was around for the Leon Hess years and one of the only owner’s that rivals his inability to hire the right people is Woody Johnson.  There is nothing to base a belief that the next GM will be a smart hire.  

At the time, football people were shocked the Jets org was able to land JD.  He’s been far from perfect but he knows what a successful organization looks like and has been trying to build the team in that image.  Build through the trenches, draft premium positions high, get explosive athletes, don’t mortgage the future.

Unfortunately he whiffed on the young QB which set the team back years.  Has quite a few other big personnel whiffs. Eyes wide open.  

I like his team building philosophy. The Jets have a young core of elite guys. A reasonable cap situation. A HOF QB, and a chance.

I think the problem for Jets fans is they have rooted for this dysfunctional organization for such a long time that when they see smart decisions being made or things done differently than the past, you immediately want to hold on to them. Some decisions of his have been asinine but believe me, there are better GMs out there. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, David Harris said:

Extend him. 

He’s competent, well thought out, decisive, and has a master plan. I’m aware of all the whiffs. He’s done enough to overcome them. 

I’d argue that team has yet to have on field results indicating they’ve overcome Douglas’ whiffs and therefore he has not done enough. Maybe this year will be different but that needs to play out.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

This post needs to be pinned somewhere at the top of the board.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

The key question for me is what has changed when you look at the smart plan he developed and is executing this offseason?

IMO, the main difference I see is that he’s frozen Rodgers entirely out of the offseason roster build. That Bakhtiari hasn’t even been called in for a physical astounds me. No MVS. Lazard supposedly on the block. Strange times.

• Upvote 2

I have not been a fan of Douglas's career here so far. That being said, this free agency period has been beyond what I reasonably expected and it feels like a Madden simulation. I tip my cap to Douglas for that, but it means nothing at the end of the day if they don't make the playoffs this year. Douglas is also responsible for hiring Saleh, who has been a disappointment, and if this coaching staff can't get this roster to the playoffs, Douglas is partly responsible for that too because he picked this coach. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

There’s a lot of this with Douglas right now

• Haha 3

JD's problem is he made poor decisions based on demands from people that have no idea how to build a team. Gase, Rodgers, Woody, etc. He needs to tell everyone that's not on his scout team to STFU and let him cook.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Okay, the jets won the spring again, at least when considering the holes the team had and the talent level of the players brought in.  But will this mean anything when they finally play?  Not to be a naysayer but everyone should remember Moseley first jet game where he was a demon, had an int but then tore a muscle and was out for the season. The point is things can turn on a dime.  I guess this applies to all teams.  But I am also concerned about how all of these vet players will be coached.  Experience brings habits and certain ways of doing things but saleh has seemed like a my way or highway kind of coach.  Are they going to get the most out of the players?  Hopefully.  Douglas has lots more work to by re-signing guys like hardee and Davis and bringing in more depth.  It’s going to be interesting.

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

Extend him. 

We are IN the dark ages.  Where else can we go???

The divide amongst fans concerning this guy is incredible ... I'm old ... Back in the 70s and 80s there used to be something called a grey area ... Where a guy could fall in between amazing and crap.

Today it is show me now, you are either are God or the Devil.

JDs W/L record is crap. His drafting is average to above average. Some misses but some extreme hits.

His has had two huge mistakes to this point.. both which can be debated as it is a chicken/egg thing. Hiring a meathead slogan oriented DC as HC, and the second drafting a 2nd round developmental talent QB with the No. 2 overall pick with no development plan in place beyond Knapp. (such a tragedy)

His approach to GMing in general feels pretty damned solid when compared to the clown shows of the past. He acts like an adult, with patience, .. perhaps to a fault. He has a deliberate, consistent and steady approach.

This year is big ... If the team goes 10-7 , 11-6. You have to extend him...

The same cannot be said for the bald beast DC. A HCs record is their most important criteria, preparation, coaching staff selection, game planning, penalties committed, time management are also weighted in.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

32 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

JD's problem is he made poor decisions based on demands from people that have no idea how to build a team. Gase, Rodgers, Woody, etc. He needs to tell everyone that's not on his scout team to STFU and let him cook.

Based on a few 1 year deals to older and/or injured player he’s signed to cheap prove it type deals this seems to have become the new Douglas defense du jour on this board… the idea that without Rex Hogan and other now gone underlings voices in his ear, he can now finally go about his duties the way he’s always known how to do.

Is it that, or is it he’d put this team in a position where with limited cap space they needed 3 starters on the OL, a #2 WR and incredibly… help on the DL also.All this while investing heavily on both lines for the past 5 years.

That wouldn’t be so bad if the Jets were a team retooling from a successful run and transitioning to a younger rebuilt roster… it’s the opposite though. We’re a losing team that’s somehow getting older and depending on more boom bust type scenarios to all turn out well.

His won loss record is incredibly bad for a GM with 5 seasons under his belt, and after his #2 overall pick QB and 1st round LT busted, his offense’s two main positions are manned by a 41yo and a guy we’re hoping can start at least 10 games.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Fed Hill Jet said:

We are IN the dark ages.  Where else can we go???

I laughed out loud when I read that.

we are heading “BACK to the dark ages” but are currently in the losingest stretch of Jets football probably ever. You can’t make this stuff up.

There are no such thing as a JD Hater.
He hasn't had a winning season.
A hater is someone ge talks negative in response to another person's success.
He hasn't had success. 
An educated eye is able to diagnose where the failures are occurring... There can be many layers of ineptitude ... Throwing the baby out with the bathwater can get you a life sentence.

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

There are no such thing as a JD Hater.

He hasn't had a winning season.

A hater is someone ge talks negative in response to another person's success.

He hasn't had success. 

Quick, someone explain this to Robert Saleh. He thinks he’s “popping”

9 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Entire new OL, stud WR, only lost situational pass rusher for big money. 

Has done a great job this offseason.  

Agreed.  But tbf, we're kind of brittle and potentially paper thin depth wise right now.  Plus these guys have 1 year deals.

So long-term, we're not constructed properly at all right now.  This is still a very big draft for JD.

4 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Mushroom addict 😅😅😅

I hear he smokes the Devil's lettuce too! Goddamn hippie!!!

• Haha 1