I Have Never Been This Uninterested in the Draft

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Odunze will be off the board by the time we pick, so will Nabers and Harrison. 

If Harrison is not the first WR off the board I will be stunned.

If he is there at 10 and the Jets don’t take him, I’m done

If things go as projected, the Jets wouldn't be in a position to add a top tier QB at #5, let alone #10.

Personally, I'm pretty excited.  The talent at WR and OL is very good, and those are two of the biggest needs on the team.

5 hours ago, Claymation said:

I've got a fever and the only prescription is...More Cowbell.

Joe Douglas: “I’ve got a fever, and the only prescription is more defensive ends”

• Haha 1

As per some of us forecast at the beginning of last season, Rodgers will not last intact six games into the season. There is little reason to be excited. The front office is a failed experiment, your grandmother blindfolded could have picked Sauce. Drafting oversized OL outliers with  questions marks about their emotional fortitude, plus drafting covid-restricted, undersized, small school, injury-ridden college qbs...told you everything you needed to know about the man who insisted on a four year contract at signing...Joe Douglas.

Douglas and Saleh,  have thrown themselves prostrate at the feet of the golden calf; the aged, achilles challenged, easily insulted, boy wonder.

This is Kotitian, pretending to be Parcellean.

Harbaugh, or some other angry misfit might have kicked ass at 1 Jet Drive but we are stuck in a repeating loop of kumbaya and fireside marshmallow -toasting sing-songs. 

There is an ancient Arabic saying "When some pisses on you, don't call it rain" Douglas and Saleh have called it rain for too long, it's something else and it smells bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

As per some of us forecast at the beginning of last season, Rodgers will not last intact six games into the season. There is little reason to be excited. The front office is a failed experiment, your grandmother blindfolded could have picked Sauce. Drafting oversized OL outliers with  questions marks about their emotional fortitude, plus drafting covid-restricted, undersized, small school, injury-ridden college qbs...told you everything you needed to know about the man who insisted on a four year contract at signing...Joe Douglas.

Douglas and Saleh,  have thrown themselves prostrate at the feet of the golden calf; the aged, achilles challenged, easily insulted, boy wonder.

This is Kotitian, pretending to be Parcellean.

Harbaugh, or some other angry misfit might have kicked ass at 1 Jet Drive but we are stuck in a repeating loop of kumbaya and fireside marshmallow -toasting sing-songs. 

There is an ancient Arabic saying "When some pisses on you, don't call it rain" Douglas and Saleh have called it rain for too long, it's something else and it smells bad.

The franchise is still making money which is priority uno. Winning is secondary, Woody will never be able to hire a proven HC

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The reason for this is no matter who the Jets take, I feel it will be the wrong pick because the Jets should be going after a QB. This is a disgustingly  rich QB draft and we are going to pass on them because we need to make sure Rodgers is happy with a new toy for the offense. This is actually the perfect time to take soneone like Penix or Nix and let them sit behind Rodgers for a or two and being them along slowly. I really feel Rodgers is going to have a so so season and think why do I need to keep doing this and retire after this season leaving us once again in QB desperation mode where we draft a QB in 2025 and throw him to the wolves jist lime our last two QBs. 

Sucks to be you!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

You know you’re over 50 when you see a drone shot of a crowd of thousands of people standing at an event and you think to yourself, “ what do they do when they have to take a p*** lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

I figured it would be more fun to watch the draft with zero information so I haven’t paid any attention to anything since initial free agency. Turns out there’s a Knicks game anyway plus I’m out I don’t even know how much I could realistically have made in the fledgling prop bet markets but presumably a lot with roughly normal keeping up to speed. Who needs it. The Jets are a crap-sucking waste of time and the draft is without question the worst of it.

Crap. Sucking. Waste. Of. Time.

9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The reason for this is no matter who the Jets take, I feel it will be the wrong pick because the Jets should be going after a QB. This is a disgustingly  rich QB draft and we are going to pass on them because we need to make sure Rodgers is happy with a new toy for the offense. This is actually the perfect time to take soneone like Penix or Nix and let them sit behind Rodgers for a or two and being them along slowly. I really feel Rodgers is going to have a so so season and think why do I need to keep doing this and retire after this season leaving us once again in QB desperation mode where we draft a QB in 2025 and throw him to the wolves jist lime our last two QBs. 

Disgustingly rich QB draft ? Really ?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Well my 90 year old Grandma has better knees than Penix, if that's any comfort to you.  I really think this is one of those overhyped QB drafts where the whole class will be meh at best.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Please stop. Rodgers wants  an offensive player. That is what we are going to draft for that very reason

Well considering hope strong our defense is and how we have needs at OL and WR, ugh that’s exactly where our focus should be, offense. 

• Upvote 1

This was our exact plan last year. Wilson was supposed to sit behind Rodgers for a year or two and develop into a serviceable QB. How did that work out? We will have better luck drafting a guy like Spencer rattler later on in the draft and trying to develop him after we have pieces in place to protect him.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well considering hope strong our defense is and how we have needs at OL and WR, ugh that’s exactly where our focus should be, offense. 

Lol, yeah right. The Jets just drafted a guy who won't even start unless Moses or Smith is injured. 

7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

This was our exact plan last year. Wilson was supposed to sit behind Rodgers for a year or two and develop into a serviceable QB. How did that work out? We will have better luck drafting a guy like Spencer rattler later on in the draft and trying to develop him after we have pieces in place to protect him.

If Rodgers had another season ending injury,  I think JD will need to find a cave to live in. 

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Lol, yeah right. The Jets just drafted a guy who won't even start unless Moses or Smith is injured. 

99% chance 1 will miss at least some time. Very poor depth of the bench. He could win job midway anyway. Because JD has been so poor at building OL, OL depth, this had to be the pick. Interesting how more fans seem to have an issue with this pick, than Will McDonald pick last yr. Which was Extra, extra depth for the strongest unit. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

99% chance 1 will miss at least some time. Very poor depth of the bench. He could win job midway anyway. Because JD has been so poor at building OL, OL depth, this had to be the pick. Interesting how more fans seem to have an issue with this pick, than Will McDonald pick last yr. Which was Extra, extra depth for the strongest unit. 

I had a huge issue with McDonald last season especially  after taking Johnson the uear before. 

The word was after Alt, all the OL are kind of the same. The Steelers just took Fatanu at 20. This guy was projected as a top 10 pick at one time. 

Sorry, you shouldn't  be drafting depth on the OL at 11. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I had a huge issue with McDonald last season especially  after taking Johnson the uear before. 

The word was after Alt, all the OL are kind of the same. The Steelers just took Fatanu at 20. This guy was projected as a top 10 pick at one time. 

You also shouldn’t draft a tight end at 11 either.
I’m fine with oline depth. Wanted a wr but the 3 best were gone. Jd traded back a spot, got some extra draft capital and the tackle he wanted. 
we all no smith or Moses isn’t lasting the whole season.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I agree. JD should have traded much further back if was going OT, not bowers. But this is very identical to the Will McDonald pick.. depth, reach, or just very similar player further down.. Despite being handed the gift easy picks of sauce and Garrett Wilson, Joe Douglas has had very poor first round drafts. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

You also shouldn’t draft a tight end at 11 either.
I’m fine with oline depth. Wanted a wr but the 3 best were gone. Jd traded back a spot, got some extra draft capital and the tackle he wanted. 
we all no smith or Moses isn’t lasting the whole season.

You are missing the point. At 11 you want a player who will at some point impact the season. This guy will be trying not to get run over by NFL pass rushers when he first starts at maybe like game 10. Taking the best OL at 11 in a draft like this doesn't  make a lot of sense to me. Bowers was at least supposed to be a game breaking talent. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

You are missing the point. At 11 you want a player who will at some point impact the season. This guy will be trying not to get run over by NFL pass rushers when he first starts at maybe like game 10. Taking the best OL at 11 in a draft like this doesn't  make a lot of sense to me. Bowers was at least supposed to be a game breaking talent. 

I get it. A lot of people loved bowers. I wanted no part of him.  And to me there was no wr worth taking at 11. So I’m fine with oline. Better than DT lol 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh please.  When was the last time the Jets selected a QB in round 3 or 4 that amounted to anything? 

When is the last time jets selected a QB in round 1 that amounted to anything?

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I said they would draft offense, either OL or WR.  What’s your point, there wasn’t a need for better talent on the OL last year?  And if they miss time you’d rather have Max Mitchell as their backup?  Instead of a LT would didn’t give up a sack in 3 seasons?  I’m struggling to understand why anyone wouldn’t be more than happy adding a top LT prospect to the team 

• Upvote 2

Until the Jets get rid of Saleh and hire an offensive-minded HC who was a former OC and then they hire a competent OC and QB Coach, it is pointless for them to draft another QB high, and really to draft a QB at all.  They have proven that they don't have a clue how to develop a QB, and Saleh is clueless about offense.  Hackett is as incompetent as they come.  There's no way those clowns would be able to develop a QB.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Sorry, but you shouldn't be commenting on the OTs in the draft when you've obviously done no research into them or have watched them play. While their athletic ability of the top 10 OTs is relatively similar, the playing experience, their overall talent, their technique level, development, and readiness to play, is very different.  Fashanu has the potential to be an All Pro and has a very high floor.  Only 1-2 of the remaining OTs have a similar ceiling, but most of them have a lower floor.

Fautanu doesn't have prototypical size, had an ACL repair and will likely need to have additional surgery on that knee, and has a lisfranc injury.  He is very athletic, but technique-wise is very raw/undeveloped, and he's already 24.  Fashanu is only 21.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I said they would draft offense, either OL or WR.  What’s your point, there wasn’t a need for better talent on the OL last year?  And if they miss time you’d rather have Max Mitchell as their backup?  Instead of a LT would didn’t give up a sack in 3 seasons?  I’m struggling to understand why anyone wouldn’t be more than happy adding a top LT prospect to the team 

The OL is markedly different now than last season so I don't  know why you are bringing this up. With the 11th pick, you want a player who will impact the season at some point. The Jets chose to draft depth. At some point  he will play but it's  probably around game 10, so he will just be getting his feet wet when other rookies are hitting their stride. With the 11th pick in the draft, you don't  draft depth. 

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The OL is markedly different now than last season so I don't  know why you are bringing this up. With the 11th pick, you want a player who will impact the season at some point. The Jets chose to draft depth. At some point  he will play but it's  probably around game 10, so he will just be getting his feet wet when other rookies are hitting their stride. With the 11th pick in the draft, you don't  draft depth. 

The choice was an excellent one. A premier position, a position of need and on a unit that protects our most important player, supports the run game and the passing game. Would you have preferred a repeat of last year, when we had Becton and Brown as starters?