I Have Never Been This Uninterested in the Draft

Most fan bases haven’t been conditioned to think the draft is where decades of chaos gets corrected, every year. Our affinity for it is very much a Stockholm syndrome -esque thing.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I've been saying Jayden Daniels over everyone for months (prior to his meteoric rise to likely being picked second tonight), so I hear you.  But I wouldn't say that the Jets doing otherwise has turned off my interest in the draft.

Agree with you on Jayden Daniels. I get the feeling we are going to look back at this draft and ask why in the world didn't he go first overall. But we have no chance of drafting him now.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

The reason for this is no matter who the Jets take, I feel it will be the wrong pick because the Jets should be going after a QB. This is a disgustingly  rich QB draft and we are going to pass on them because we need to make sure Rodgers is happy with a new toy for the offense. This is actually the perfect time to take soneone like Penix or Nix and let them sit behind Rodgers for a or two and being them along slowly. I really feel Rodgers is going to have a so so season and think why do I need to keep doing this and retire after this season leaving us once again in QB desperation mode where we draft a QB in 2025 and throw him to the wolves jist lime our last two QBs. 

Oh dear.  I cant remember ever being as interested in the draft as I am this year.  Not only because the Jets have so many options; trade down, trade up, WR, OT, TE, but the entire draft this year is fascinating.  All the QB's, OT's by the bundle and a horde of pass catchers all the way into the middle rounds.  And selecting the QB's is really a hard job this year.  Any of them can flop or do exceedingly well.  This is a QB crap shoot,  Who's gonna cash in and who's gonna come up snake eyes. Really amazing draft.

As for the Jets... NO WAY should they take any QB other than a very late round camp arm like Sam Hartman.

Rodgers is the QB all the way and his backup is already in place.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I couldn’t give two wet sh*ts about ever drafting a QB again.

50 years of watching them do that silliness and the best we could muster was 2 years out of O’Brien when I was in high school and one year out of Pennington over 20 years ago.

As soon as Rodgers retires, go get another veteran.

Oh, and we’re drafting either Odunze or Bowers, guaranteed. You should be very excited.

Odunze will be off the board by the time we pick, so will Nabers and Harrison. 

The reason for this is no matter who the Jets take, I feel it will be the wrong pick because the Jets should be going after a QB. This is a disgustingly  rich QB draft and we are going to pass on them because we need to make sure Rodgers is happy with a new toy for the offense. This is actually the perfect time to take soneone like Penix or Nix and let them sit behind Rodgers for a or two and being them along slowly. I really feel Rodgers is going to have a so so season and think why do I need to keep doing this and retire after this season leaving us once again in QB desperation mode where we draft a QB in 2025 and throw him to the wolves jist lime our last two QBs. 

We aren’t going to be taking a qb because everyone’s job is on the line, not because it’ll upset Rodgers. This is not a good time to take a qb because we don’t know who will be the GM and who will be the head coach next year. You don’t give people on the hot seat the option to draft a qb they may not be around to see develop. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jbt said:

all these QBs will suck

Could very well be. yes... Caleb USC bust potential.  The rest... Who knows.  JJ, I think is the one that might pan out.  Modern version of Montana or something like that.  

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Most fan bases haven’t been conditioned to think the draft is where decades of chaos gets corrected, every year. Our affinity for it is very much a Stockholm syndrome -esque thing.

I think the league took the draft out of NYC because they knew that every team in the league is loaded with fans who are expecting the rapture - tonight at 8!

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

We aren’t going to be taking a qb because everyone’s job is on the line, not because it’ll upset Rodgers. This is not a good time to take a qb because we don’t know who will be the GM and who will be the head coach next year. You don’t give people on the hot seat the option to draft a qb they may not be around to see develop. 

Please stop. Rodgers wants  an offensive player. That is what we are going to draft for that very reason

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Odunze will be off the board by the time we pick, so will Nabers and Harrison. 

Some late info coming in about Nabers off the field issues.  Could be smoke to drive others away, or it could be legit.  If legit, it is real bad stuff and I would not want him even if he falls to the 7th round. 

what makes you think we dont take a guy day three?

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Not enough Cowbell?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, slats said:

I think the league took the draft out of NYC because they knew that every team in the league is loaded with fans who are expecting the rapture - tonight at 8!

Could be, lol

Setting aside the fact that this team historically fails to develop drafted QBs, it's just not the situation to burn a top pick on a QB. The team has a serviceable QB for the first time in a long time (pick where you draw that line) and it's time to build a functional offense around him. Burning a top pick on a QB would admit Rodgers is a failure and everything they did to get him was a mistake. The team doesn't have a luxury to focus so intently on the future that they're thinking about the next QB. If the offense last year had not exposed so many holes in the offensive roster, sure, it would make sense to take a QB in the first round to sit behind Rodgers for a year or two. 

Are you trying to ruin my lunch?

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Please stop. Rodgers wants  an offensive player. That is what we are going to draft for that very reason

This is so wrong. In order for this staff and front office to stay employed, they must be successful in 2024. You cannot draft a player you hope never plays in the first round. They have to add players that can provide immediate help. Sure, Rodgers probably favors another weapon, but this isn’t about him. It’s about self preservation for Saleh and JD. 

I am the opposite of you.  I am completely obsessed with the draft, and can't wait until it's over, so I don't have to think about it anymore.

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

We haven’t drafted a QB worth a shot in 50 years…… why start now.   Well run teams don’t pass on good QBs because they have a journeyman or AR8. 

I figured it would be more fun to watch the draft with zero information so I haven’t paid any attention to anything since initial free agency. Turns out there’s a Knicks game anyway plus I’m out I don’t even know how much I could realistically have made in the fledgling prop bet markets but presumably a lot with roughly normal keeping up to speed. Who needs it. The Jets are a crap-sucking waste of time and the draft is without question the worst of it.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

I figured it would be more fun to watch the draft with zero information so I haven’t paid any attention to anything since initial free agency. Turns out there’s a Knicks game anyway plus I’m out I don’t even know how much I could realistically have made in the fledgling prop bet markets but presumably a lot with roughly normal keeping up to speed. Who needs it. The Jets are a crap-sucking waste of time and the draft is without question the worst of it.

Enjoy your Knicks game, lol.

The investment in Rodgers was made a year ago when he signed the contract.  They are going to play it out over the next year or two.  So, any expectation for a QB draft, early middle or late is unrealistic.  Unless Woody want to add Sam Hartman to his private collection of shirtless Jets QBs.  

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I hear you.....That is next year.

We wanted Rogers for one year to get us a Ring.  We have to do it one more time.  He will be back next year starting for us.  We draft a QB next year.  Let him sit.  When Rogers goes, you have a new guy step in with a pretty decent cast.  That might be more Mahomes-like (If I could be so bold).

4 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

Another way to look at it is that whoever our next QB is will have a stacked team 

For a change. Only one to have a good team around him was Sanchez, unfortunately, he Sanchezed...

• Upvote 1