****The Official Day 3 of the 2024 NFL Draft****

So what I’m gathering is that the Jets traded their two sixth round comp picks for a hope and a prayer on a QB who probably would’ve gone higher had he not gotten hurt. I wasn’t interested in a QB, but that sounds like a pretty fair bet. I can’t kill it. We’ll see what world beaters go at the end of the sixth, lol. 

• Upvote 2

I hate people who complain and that’s about 85% of you. 

The same people that bitched about us trading back, would’ve bitched if we didn’t take a flyer on a QB like Travis. The chances of him being the next Russel Wilson or Tom Brady is slim but there’s nothing wrong with taking a flyer in the 5th round. Let this guy sit for a couple years and hopefully he turns out to be someone that will be part of the future. I personally don’t know much about him. 

The Isaiah Davis pick, on the other hand, I do not understand. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slats said:

So what I’m gathering is that the Jets traded their two sixth round comp picks for a hope and a prayer on a QB who probably would’ve gone higher had he not gotten hurt. I wasn’t interested in a QB, but that sounds like a pretty fair bet. I can’t kill it. We’ll see what world beaters go at the end of the sixth, lol. 

Love too use three draft picks on a hope and a prayer who’ll be inactive for all eighteen weeks of my one-year Super Bowl window

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

Watched one 20 second highlight reel and that rb looks so slow. Not very excited for him yet. Maybe opinion will change 

he doesnt need to be fast, he is a special teamer and a pounder at RB ....and he is a 5th rounder

do we have any 6th round picks? I thought we did but I checked espn online and says they are gone. did we trade them?
Looks like we traded them for the recent pick. After this one it's Mr Irrelevant.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Not what I would do, but I get it.

The Jets backfield was a barren wasteland after Breece.

Izzy couldn’t even get on the field last year with how sh*tty his pass protection is.

Jets have totally rebuilt the backfield with young talent.

Meh, weren't Perine, Carter, Bam, and Izzy young talent before that?  Better or worse than the "great" veterans of Cook, Gore, Robinson, and Coleman?

For the league's most notoriously simple plug and play position, JD endlessly invests a lot in it and his success rate is 1 out of everyone.

Don't get me wrong, fingers crossed these two are finally different, but man has he been absolutely horrific at it so far.

• Upvote 2

I had been rooting for Travis as a late round pick so I'm happy about that. 

Still confounded that we traded two fourth round picks away when a lot of quality was there.

Wondering what this pick could be that we're now trading back up with bad value for? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Love too use three draft picks on a hope and a prayer who’ll be inactive for all eighteen weeks of my one-year Super Bowl window

Weren’t you a “draft a QB every year until you have one” guy?

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jordan Travis can’t play and they’re burning picks on UDFA backs when there are receivers, IOL, and corners available. Bush. 

What is going on?! These are fifth and sixth rounders. 

Also getting that little white kid to say Qwan’tez Stiggers is hilarious.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Meh, weren't Perine, Carter, Bam, and Izzy young talent before that?  Better or worse than the "great" veterans of Cook, Gore, Robinson, and Coleman?

For the league's most notoriously simple plug and play position, JD endlessly invests a lot in it and his success rate is 1 out of everyone.

Don't get me wrong, fingers crossed these two are finally different, but man has he been absolutely horrific at it so far.

To be fair, Carter and Bam had some good games for us. Carter especially, and he has looked ok in Arizona too. I didn't like that we dumped him but he wasn't a pick under Saleh so I don't think the staff and him liked each other