Corey Davis

1 minute ago, Jet hustle said:

I haven't heard any updates on his status or his commitment to playing this season.  Has there been any news on him playing this year?

Heard on radio shows that he's looking to play close to home if he decides to come back, so not likely as of now that he'll be a Jet again.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Heard on radio shows that he's looking to play close to home if he decides to come back, so not likely as of now that he'll be a Jet again.

Well then thanks for nothing, I guess. 

Dude got paid, quit, and now wants to play... but somewhere else, over nebulous "personal reasons"?  

The whole situation is strange. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Well then thanks for nothing, I guess. 

Dude got paid, quit, and now wants to play... but somewhere else, over nebulous "personal reasons"?  

The whole situation is strange. 

That's what's been put out there. 

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It's obvious something serious happened to his family that he doesn't want to disclose...

You guys bashing him for realizing there is more to life then football are just idiotic... 

The fact he doesn't want to be far from home reaffirms this... It's not like he got paid... He gave up 10 million... 

I have zero problems with someone that has to deal with an undisclosed issue, mental health, family illness or whatever saying, "You know, I have the money, I need to care for my family forever and I've decided to retire to take care of my loved ones". Great. Had I hit the lottery,  I would have left my previous career as well, regardless of how much I enjoyed my job... 

BUT, the timing of it and now the Un-Retirement, the Jets bending over backwards to take care of the guy, and  the, "Well, now I DO want to play again... but elsewhere" is just weird.

I think "Berating" is a silly word. But then again, you're a bit overwrought about stuff here, anyway. 

Either way, as far as I'm concerned dude is gone, has been replaced, and will be a footnote in Jets franchise history. McCareins 2.0 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Screw him.  And Lazy-Quits-on-his-Lazard while we're at it.

We don't need quitters.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

F this guy. He quit on the team. Good riddance.

Because...you know, athletes should live for the fan base that will offer such objectivism when something bigger happens than trying to win a trophy said fan base won't actually hoist themselves.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Because...you know, athletes should live for the fan base that will offer such objectivism when something bigger happens than trying to win a trophy said fan base won't actually hoist themselves.  

I don't care about Corey Davis or his family and he doesn't care about mine. I care about the NYJ and he quit on them. F him and the horse he rode in on. Why any Jets fan would want him back is beyond me.

btw, there is zero evidence something happened with his family. It's just "obvious" to some smooth brains on here for unknown reasons.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't care about Corey Davis or his family and he doesn't care about mine. I care about the NYJ and he quit on them. F him and the horse he rode in on. Why any Jets fan would want him back is beyond me.

btw, there is zero evidence something happened with his family. It's just "obvious" to some smooth brains on here for unknown reasons.

Beautiful post.  Corey Davis isnt wanted in Florham Park. 

11 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm asking because I don't know.  Is Davis a UFA now who can sign with whatever team he wants, or do the Jets still have strings attached to him?

He’s now an UFA. 

On March 14, 2024, Davis applied for reinstatement, and the Jets officially released him off of the reserve/retired list, making him a free agent.

• Upvote 1

Another WR trying to make a comeback..

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Former #Bengals and #Giants WR John Ross, whose 4.22 40-yard dash was the Combine record until Xavier Worthy broke it this year, will participate in the #Eagles’ rookie camp this week on a tryout basis, sources say. Ross had retired last year but is now exploring a comeback.

22 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm asking because I don't know.  Is Davis a UFA now who can sign with whatever team he wants, or do the Jets still have strings attached to him?

Jets cut/waived /released him when he filed his reinstatement papers to avoid the cap hit they would have incurred 

he is a free agent 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, extmenace said:

If he wanted to be here, he'd already be with the team. He supposedly asked for his release, right? He doesn't want to play for this team. If he plays, it'll be elsewhere.

good.  I hope it's an AFC East team because he stinks.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Jets cut/waived /released him when he filed his reinstatement papers to avoid the cap hit they would have incurred 

he is a free agent 

And in a WR-starved league, he hasn't had even a sniff of apparent interest.  Says a lot.  Still really weird that he bailed just as Rodgers was coming in.  Of course nobody could predict the injury, but Davis could have had a career year here playing with Rodgers and set himself up for a really nice contract this year.  Now he's probably looking at vet minimum somewhere just to get back in.

On 4/27/2024 at 11:27 AM, The Voice of Reason said:

It's obvious something serious happened to his family that he doesn't want to disclose...

You guys bashing him for realizing there is more to life then football are just idiotic... 

The fact he doesn't want to be far from home reaffirms this... It's not like he got paid... He gave up 10 million... 

Thank you so much for this post!

As someone who is having tremendous challenges right now, it simply amazes me how people can't realize that the love and presence of those near and dear to them are quite priceless!

Let's Go Jets! :)  

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

And in a WR-starved league, he hasn't had even a sniff of apparent interest.  Says a lot.  Still really weird that he bailed just as Rodgers was coming in.  Of course nobody could predict the injury, but Davis could have had a career year here playing with Rodgers and set himself up for a really nice contract this year.  Now he's probably looking at vet minimum somewhere just to get back in.

The WR draft class hurt him big time. I think he might get a look from someone during the season due to injuries but just giving up on the season in august is going to make him a very low priority around the league 

3 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Know the circumstances before destroying him.  Obviously you don’t. 

Nobody does. All we know is that a guy who gets paid millions of dollars to play Football quit at the most inopportune time imaginable, was given a great deal of grace and understanding by both the team and the fanbase who offered nothing but good wishes for his personal life, his family, or whatever other circumstance made him decide to walk away, only to pop up all of a sudden and basically say, "Nah, I'm good. I want to play again... somewhere else." with no, "My family is now healthy/my mind is good/uncle Ricky is doin' great... nothing. Just... thanks, bye. 

WTF? 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Larz said:

The WR draft class hurt him big time. I think he might get a look from someone during the season due to injuries but just giving up on the season in august is going to make him a very low priority around the league 

He would have been an ideal pairing with Belichick