How Good Can Breece Be This Year Behind This OL?

Rushing yards Breece will grind out this year?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Rushing yards Breece will grind out this year?

• 800 - 900 yards
    • 900 - 1000
    • 1000 - 1100
    • 1100 - 1200
    • 1200 - 1300
    • More than 1300 yards on the ground
  2. 2. How many TDs will Breece have this year?

3. 3. How many receiving yards will Breece have?

3 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Breece will definitely get 1,300+ yard in a 17 game season. I think his TDs will be 8-10 due to the other weapons we have, mainly Mike Williams and the other bruiser backs. 

Hall will get over 600 yards receiving. He lead all NFL RBs in receiving yards last year with 591. There were only two other guys in McCaffrey and White with over 500 yards out the backfield. 

He will definitely be in consideration for NFL Offensive Player of the Year. 

Christian McCaffrey '23, Justin Jefferson '22, Cooper Kupp '21 and Derrick Henry '20 and Michael Thomas '19 have been the last 5 winners. 

You're forgetting about Allen and Izzy.  They will eat into Breece's carries, yardage, and TDs.  Allen could become the defacto Red Zone RB.

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

I think he has the potential to be a 1,200+ rushing, 400-500 receiving, 10+ TD type of All-Pro level RB.

But for that to happen, he'd have to be used right, and heavily.

I do not have faith our O-Co will use him right, nor do I think the Jets will use him that heavily.

He got 1k while on a pitch count for 6 games.  Why wouldn’t they let it rip a bit more

48 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

You're forgetting about Allen and Izzy.  They will eat into Breece's carries, yardage, and TDs.  Allen could become the defacto Red Zone RB.

Yeah.  We are going to take the best rb in the league out in the redzone for a no name 4th round pick.

It truly is crazy town around here.

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

He did pretty well with zero OLINE. He has that break out speed.  So I think we'll be looking at tons of Breece jerseys in the stands.

And he’s a good guy.  That helps jersey sales. 

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

I think he has the potential to be a 1,200+ rushing, 400-500 receiving, 10+ TD type of All-Pro level RB.

I do not have faith our O-Co will use him right, nor do I think the Jets will use him that heavily.

He's going to be the feature of the Jets offense. The straw that stirs the drink. If he's up to the challenge, the sky's the limit. Hope his shoulders are broad enough.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

Last year, he didn’t have more than five targets in the passing game until the seventh week of the season when he had 9 for 6 catches, 73 yards, and a TD. He had six more games with 6 or more targets the rest of the way finishing with 591 receiving yards. Took them awhile, but they finally figured that out. It’s not unreasonable to think 1200 rushing and 600 receiving as a baseline, provided he’s healthy. I don’t want him overused, because I want him available as a viable weapon in the elusive postseason this year. 

I’d be looking to get him more touches in the passing game, and hoping that someone steps up between Allen and Davis to carry a decent chunk of the rushing load.

The Jets were 29th in the league last year in rushing attempts, and 11th in passing attempts. Despite being 29th in attempts, though, they were 22nd in rushing yards. Being a crappy team had a lot to do with that low attempts total. I expect them to try to get that rushing number up this year, and to do that by getting more carries to the backups. Cook and Abanikanda combined for 89 carries last year to Breece’s 223, largely because they were ineffective. I’d like to see Breece in the 250 attempt range and his backups combining for another 150. 

9 hours ago, batman10023 said:

He got 1k while on a pitch count for 6 games.  Why wouldn’t they let it rip a bit more

And a worthless OL. 
He gets near his 285-300 carrys he’ll get his 1,300+ yards.  

Its really tough to say, all we can do is speculate.

The health of all players involved will go a LONG way to determining how productive Breece Hall can ultimately be this season.

That said, if all involved stay healthy for the whole season, the sky is the limit.

The chances of this actually happening, well that's another discussion.

10 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Why wouldn’t they......

A question we ask about the Jets every year, over many things.

You'll simply have to forgive my cynicism that this staff will operate this offense in the best way possible.  They certainly didn't last year, all considering.

Put it this way, the only NFL bet I've made at this time is Breece to be OPY at 35-1 and 30-1.

That's how good he could be - will he get the ball enough to get the numbers to be in consideration....not sure about that, but had to take that 35/30-1 number.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yeah.  We are going to take the best rb in the league out in the redzone for a no name 4th round pick.

He is the best in the league because of his ability to break the big one. and take it to the house  There is very little evidence that he is super effective in short yardage spots let alone compressed ones in the red zone.  If we have a road grader type option available I am sure they will get opportunities.

5 hours ago, slats said:

Last year, he didn’t have more than five targets in the passing game until the seventh week of the season when he had 9 for 6 catches, 73 yards, and a TD. He had six more games with 6 or more targets the rest of the way finishing with 591 receiving yards. Took them awhile, but they finally figured that out. It’s not unreasonable to think 1200 rushing and 600 receiving as a baseline, provided he’s healthy. 

I also wonder how much of this was on Zach. 

Rodgers should be looking for him constantly 

ok so not that people give a rats ass what I think but I just re-ranked all the lines in the league - it's going to be an article in like a day or two

With 3 new starters the post-draft NY Jets check in at 7th overall, after being ranked around the 25-30 area all of 2023 

granted this is a best-case scenario assuming that Tyron, AVT and Moses are all healthy by game 1

1    Detroit
2    Philadelphia
3    Atlanta
4    Kansas City
5    Cleveland
6    Indianapolis
7    NY Jets
8    LA Chargers
9    Baltimore
10    San Francisco
11    Cincinnati
12    Denver
13    Miami
14    Minnesota
15    Carolina
16    Buffalo
17    Jacksonville
18    Houston
19    LA Rams
20    Tampa Bay
21    Dallas
22    Seattle
23    Chicago
24    New Orleans
25    Las Vegas
26    New England
27    NY Giants
28    Arizona
29    Washington
30    Green Bay
31    Pittsburgh
32    Tennessee

oh and to answer the question there's no limit to how good Breece can be but there is a limit to how many rushing attempts the human body can take before it breaks down 

in other words the Jets should be managing Breece with the 2 extra RB draft picks rather than trying to get him to break Ricky Williams' 10k career yard record or some other Madden nonsense 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Allen is hardly a no-name RB.  He's a power back.  Breece was not that successful in the Red Zone.  I didn't say that it would definitely happen or happen day one, either. I said that he "could become."  The major reason for drafting a power back is for short yardage and Red Zone situations.

The only craziness is your response acting like you know everything, when in fact you show your ignorance.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Allen is hardly a no-name RB.  He's a power back.  Breece was not that successful in the Red Zone.  I didn't say that it would definitely happen or happen day one, either. I said that he "could become."  The major reason for drafting a power back is for short yardage and Red Zone situations.

The only craziness is your response acting like you know everything, when in fact you show your ignorance.  

Im ignorant but your the one thinking we are taking out one of the best rbs in the league in the red zone.

Ok, buddy,

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im ignorant but your the one thinking we are taking out one of the best rbs in the league in the red zone.

Ok, buddy,

Again, I said "could" not definitely "would."  You're making a mountain out of a molehill.  They also don't have to take Breece out.  They could put both of them in the backfield. 

Breece has power, but imo, he relies more on speed and elusiveness.  Allen is more of a pure power runner. He can elude would-be tacklers, but like Corley, he likes running over and through them too.

Why submit Breece to the wear and tear if Allen shows that can get the job done?  Breece had a ton of carries in college.  Unless they're just planning on riding Breece for his first contract until he's worn out, and then letting him walk in FA, why not try to keep him fresher so he can play longer and still keep his speed and effectiveness? 

You obviously don't understand when and how to use a power back.

17 hours ago, JKlecko said:

They will eat into Breece's carries, yardage, and TDs.  Allen could become the defacto Red Zone RB.

Breece will get the majority of those snaps... if unsuccessful getting the tough yardage, I would fully expect the rookie maulers to get a try. You don't throw rookie 4th & 6th round RB's into the fire until they prove they are BIG GAME ready and protect the ball, like BH. That's why Izzy forced JD's hand in bringing in the crappy $7 mil vet who sucked ballz

20 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Again, I said "could" not definitely "would."  You're making a mountain out of a molehill.  They also don't have to take Breece out.  They could put both of them in the backfield. 

Breece has power, but imo, he relies more on speed and elusiveness.  Allen is more of a pure power runner. He can elude would-be tacklers, but like Corley, he likes running over and through them too.

Why submit Breece to the wear and tear if Allen shows that can get the job done?  Breece had a ton of carries in college.  Unless they're just planning on riding Breece for his first contract until he's worn out, and then letting him walk in FA, why not try to keep him fresher so he can play longer and still keep his speed and effectiveness? 

You obviously don't understand when and how to use a power back.

Watch some clips of Allen.  He does not really seem like he likes running over people.  How much he weighs and a few youtube analysts commentaries do not a power back make.  Also, riding a RB for their first contract until they are worn out and then letting them walk in FA is always the plan.

• Upvote 1

All about health. 

We know the Jets will run the ball a ton. We know he will get majority of the carries and be the #1 option. If he can stay healthy, all of these are achievable, even with the two new rookies coming in. If he or this o-line get banged up, forget about it, the Jets will treat him with kid gloves and even when he is in it will be tough to get any traction without quality blocking up front. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Watch some clips of Allen.  He does not really seem like he likes running over people.  How much he weighs and a few youtube analysts commentaries do not a power back make.  Also, riding a RB for their first contract until they are worn out and then letting them walk in FA is always the plan.

Exactly.  Breece should lead the league in carries this year and next.  He is a big boy, he can handle it.

On 4/30/2024 at 2:08 PM, Dcat said:

I'm thinking that Hall gets fewer than 300, but really close.  They will use at least 2 of the other backs on a regular basis.  

200-250 touches for him combined is my projection.

32 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

200-250 touches for him combined is my projection.

Carries.  Add more for targets/receptions.  I think he gets to 275  or ore. Depends how much they utilize the other RBs.

12 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Put it this way, the only NFL bet I've made at this time is Breece to be OPY at 35-1 and 30-1.

That's how good he could be - will he get the ball enough to get the numbers to be in consideration....not sure about that, but had to take that 35/30-1 number.

Might as well throw 5$ on him to win mvp. 5 wins 2k

• Upvote 1

On 4/30/2024 at 1:40 PM, GreenFish said:

It’s not just the OL but the QB. We have two QBs now that are significantly better than Zach. Teams wont key in on Breece.

I think he is going to have an all-pro season if Rodgers and OL stay healthy most of the season.

1,400 yards rushing

850 yards receiving

Those are McCaffrey type numbers and he was in the MVP conversation.

I think Breece easily has the talent to be a combined 2000 + yard back....Whether we use him that way is another story. He will be the best all around back we have ever had.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

I hope they don't overwork him. Running backs get worn down quickly and have short life spans. 

They get worn down no matter what unless he's one of those elite backs that plays well into the early 30's, all those guys are special. So being that they get worn down and we are going for it all this year we should lean on Breece because that's what you do with backs in the early years. Of course, a lot of that depends, once again, on how you use him and how games play out. 

14 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I agree. Allen looks more like Franco Harris than Jerome Bettis out there. He moves well for a big guy, and he uses it to move out of the way of contact. He also has some fumbling issues. I think he was the first back the Jets took because they love his potential, but I think he might also be something of a (FB?) project. Davis, otoh, looks as if he thrives on contact. I suspect this power back competition is an open one, not one where Allen is handed the job. I won’t be surprised if Davis gets the nod, either. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

going for it all this year we should lean on Breece because that's what you do with backs in the early years.

Lean hard on Breece. 3rd year as a Pro and runs hard. It appeared he took last season's melt down hard. I think you'll see the best version of Breece this year, especially behind a top 10 OL.

6 minutes ago, slats said:

I think he was the first back the Jets took because they love his potential, but I think he might also be something of a (FB?) project.

Doesn't turn 21 until next January. Already has a perfect frame... just needs to learn what style of play will reap the best results. Too big to be shifty, so lean into your strengths and hit the hole decisevely and bounce off would be tacklers.

12 minutes ago, slats said:

Davis, otoh, looks as if he thrives on contact. I suspect this power back competition is an open one, not one where Allen is handed the job. I won’t be surprised if Davis gets the nod, either. 

Hungry players with a specific skillset often trump gifted players  who, because of their amazing physical gifts, have had things come easy to them. I expect Davis will be a ST player to start and try and get carries if Izzy or Allen don't take care of the ball, or go down easy.

• Upvote 1

I have Breece as RB2 in the whole NFL this next year only behind CMC.

So obviously I expect a great season from him.

WAY better OL with depth.

A healthy Rodgers to open up lanes for him. Teams cant stack the box against AR. Which also opens up his game receiving. I think he/'' he used like Jones was a few years back where he was one of top RBs in the league. I just think Breece is better than Jones was back then.

Lastly. Breece is 100%. He wasn't to start last year. Think of Week 1 those long runs he had where you could see he couldn't break it away bc it wasn't more than like 10 months since his surgery. By year end he was looking like himself. Add a whole offseason to build up that knee and all. He'll hit the ground running.

• Upvote 2