CJ Stroud has some thoughts about Aaron Rodgers being a choke artist

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

He definitely realized. Rodgers is a great regular season qb, in the playoffs he’s been inconsistent in the biggest games. He’s only made one Super Bowl…Rodgers isn’t clutch, or at least he hasn’t been to this point. Hes 1-4 in NFC championship games. All stroud was saying is that if stafford had better teams around him and had those same opportunities, he’d have more than the 1 ring.

Maybe actually not maybe, the teams around Rodgers failed. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Lol, you guys watch NFL football games right? What Mahomes has done in the playoffs makes him very clutch. He’s stolen a ton of victories. It’s a team game, but a clutch qb is the difference between winning and losing on the final drive. Rodgers has been good in the wins but when they are down in the 4th, he hasn’t been enough of a factor to bring the team back and win in the playoffs. Every talking head brings this point up. This isn’t some crazy hot take.

Talking heads bring up a lot of bad points. It’s kind of their thing. 

I mentioned the irony of you bringing up “context” - let’s take a look at the context of Mark Sanchez’s “comeback” postseason wins - since you cited them. 

The first one was in San Diego in the Divisional round after the 2009 season. In that game, Sanchez was 12-23 for 100 yards, with 1 TD and 1 INT. The “comeback” was from a 7-3 deficit (lol). The Jets then scored 10 straight points to take a 17-7 lead and hung on for a 17-14 win. How did they get the lead? Well, first, Jim Leonard picked off Phillip Rivers to give the Jets the ball inside the red zone. That led to a 2 yard TD pass to Keller.  Then, Shonn Greene ran for a 53 yard TD. See? CONTEXT. Don’t get me wrong, those 100 passing yards were also instrumental! Lol

The second one was in Indy in the wild card round after the 2010 season. In that game, Sanchez was 18-31 for 189 yards, with 0 TDs and 1 INT, including an AWFUL pick right before halftime that took points off the board. Now, to Sanchez’s credit, he did hit Braylon Edwards down the right sideline to set up the game winning FG (to overcome a 16-14 deficit). But that was actually set up by a big Cromartie kickoff return. The key to that game was that the Jets ran for 169 yards and kept Peyton Manning off the field for most of the second half, highlighted by a 10 play drive in the 3rd quarter and a 17 play drive in the 4th quarter. Almost all of it was on the legs of Greene and LT. See? CONTEXT. 

The issue with listing Sanchez with 2 comeback playoff wins and Rodgers with 1 and expecting to be take seriously, is that YOU are removing those wins from the CONTEXT in which they came to be. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

big mouth for a 2nd year player. i hope Rodgers makes him eat those words when we play him.

I'm hoping we win by a couple of scores in a game that wasn't really close but the Texans score a couple of garbage time TDs and Rodgers talks about how clutch Stroud was in bringing them back to make it a game at the end.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Two things to add:  first the NFL should get their young faces of the league some media training.  Rule 1:  you do not need to answer every question especially if it doesn't even pertain to you or your own team.  Regarding great QBs who "choke" in big games, in many of those  instances that QB had led a mediocre team to a game they had no business being in in the first place.  Heck remove Peyton Manning from those Colts teams that failed as a top seed and they would be closer to picking first in the draft then winning the SB.  Looking back you could probably say the same about Elway and to a lesser degree Rodgers.  He should probably settle down a bit -  seems to be feeling a bit too good about himself and the universe has a funny way of dealing with these type of situations.

• Sympathy 1

That's a lot of mouth for a guy who has one good year under his belt. I'm sure he's getting goaded into these discussions but if you can stay in control with 275lb rushers trying to kill you, you can stay in control in the face of sports journalists. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Living a stones throw from Wisconsin I can tell you that I rooted against Rodgers almost every game until he became a Jet.

I don't remember him ever costing his team a win in the playoffs.  Most of those losses were the defense letting him down.  

Come backs?  You need the defense to make a stop in order to lead a team back. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

A little ****ed up considering Rodgers was able to get over the hump against the Caleb Haney Bears to get to the Super Bowl fifteen years ago. 

"I guarantee you he might"

1. Rodgers has choked alot

2. I dont need to defend him, this is fuel for him, bring it on.

3. CJ Stroud should  be careful lol, but I love when players speak their minds like broadcasters. These podcasts get them too comfy, they forget everyone can clip and hear them.

8 hours ago, mrcoops said:

I give him credit for his great rookie year. But now he has to back it up, when expectations will be much higher and teams will know his game much more. Plus, he seems to be buying into his own hype. A big fall from last year's high would not be shocking at all.

Stroud is a great player but he hasn't won anything yet (though even if he had, what's the point of saying this type of thing?)  He should've kept quiet.

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

did he even know they were playing the jets this season ??? Rodgers knows <wink> 

i was just thinking the same thing. yeah Rodgers isnt going to forget this. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

great post. i dont why they compared him to Eli, he sucked. and his comp % is Zach like. he lead the league in INTs 3 times.

its not even close, i would take Rodgers everytime.

43 minutes ago, doitny said:

great post. i dont why they compared him to Eli, he sucked. and his comp % is Zach like. he lead the league in INTs 3 times.

Stroud did the comparing. That half-wit said he'd rather have Eli's career over Rodgers'. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Eli definitely didn't suck but I also don't think he's comparable to AR8.  Eli is still an underrated QB imo.  I'd love it if our next QB were as good as Eli.

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1