Rodgers Is Still Rodgers

27 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

"What we’re learning about Aaron Rodgers and the Jets from OTAs"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/what-we-re-learning-about-aaron-rodgers-and-the-jets-from-otas/ar-BB1nFWyy?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=e65333532ba74f30bc2b51d05b0a93b5&ei=29

"You would never know Rodgers is returning from a serious injury by watching these sessions. He is moving around well, and his arm is clearly healthy. Rodgers makes some otherworldly throws in every session that make your jaw drop."

"I’ve watched a lot of football practices while covering the Jets and seen a lot of bad or average to slightly-above-average quarterbacks. Rodgers is in a different class."

"Rodgers made a ridiculous throw to his left while rolling right"

Looks like Rodgers is still Rodgers. 

100 (9).gif

• Haha 3

A Rodgers could still be premier A Rodgers , but no one will know that till he gets hit .    Only than will you see what A Rodgers is right now.   He can look awesome throwing in shorts wearing a red jersey, means very little.     Let’s see when someone rings his bell what A Rodgers he is at this point.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

A Rodgers could still be premier A Rodgers , but no one will know that till he gets hit .    Only than will you see what A Rodgers is right now.   He can look awesome throwing in shorts wearing a red jersey, means very little.     Let’s see when someone rings his bell what A Rodgers he is at this point.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but that really goes for every QB in the league except maybe Allen. 

• Upvote 1

....and Chad Pennington's arm strength has increased by 50 percent this offseason..... again

Rodgers is a year older and a year removed from any completive examination of his skill set.  The proof of this pudding will only be shown on the field in real games.  Everything else is feel-good fluff. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

....and Chad Pennington's arm strength has increased by 50 percent this offseason..... again

Rodgers is a year older and a year removed from any completive examination of his skill set.  The proof of this pudding will only be shown on the field in real games.  Everything else is feel-good fluff. 

Maybe rodgers has been karate this offseason.

5 hours ago, David Harris said:

I zoned in on the Achilles ankle while he was doing some quick twitch hopping medicine ball exercise, it is slightly asymmetric, a millisecond delay. He’s a QB, I think he’ll be fine, the arm looks the same. However I think more due to his age than anything, he’ll stay in the pocket more than he’s historically done.

Old men don’t want to run around and get hit but even getting adequate QB play will be transformative.  A game managing AR in 2024 should get the Jets deep in the playoffs with all the surrounding talent.

Yes, this. With his arm talent and mind, he can still get top tier results without needing to extend plays - as long as his OL gives him the bare minimum needed time. If he's under duress constantly, it'll be a problem

• Upvote 4

On 6/5/2024 at 2:32 PM, Raideraholic said:

Because these cliche’s have something to do with coming back from a Achilles ligament injury.

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2024 at 3:29 PM, JetsFlyer said:

Love to hear the velocity is still there.. thats huge. Once it goes it goes fast

Yeah, Drew Breeze, unreal how quick it dropped off. Hopefully AR8 got little bit of that Pimp  juice left

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah, Drew Breeze, unreal how quick it dropped off. Hopefully AR8 got little bit of that Pimp  juice left

I was basing it on my own shoulder joints lol. It went so quick. 

• Haha 3

On 6/5/2024 at 12:26 PM, Pac said:

Shocker...  Looks like the Revenge Tour is on after all. 

I couldn't be happier that he's getting so much shade thrown his way.  This kook is going to go nuclear all season long and have this team playing in February. 

Hmmmmmm

All I can say is…..

image.gif

• Haha 4

LOL...

As if this guy didn't see him all last off-season.  Yes, Rodgers is going to look good in shorts and a T-shirt.  No one ever said he wouldn't.  

When he has to actually move with big bodies coming at him, when split seconds make the difference between a sack and first down - that's when you all are going to see he's shot.  

• Thumb Down 2

58 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I said it in one of the OTA threads, all footage we're seeing, he doesnt move like most 40 year old QB's.  Way more nimble and mobile.  Most dudes that stuck around this long were absolute statues who couldnt move and would just fall over if any defender laid a fingernail on them, Rodgers was already built differently, being the most physically gifted QB to play the position till Mahomes came along, so it's not surprising per say but encouraging for sure.  

Redemption song tour, @Pac!!!!

More physically gifted than Elway? 

either way, he’s certainly up there. It’s fun to revisit the 2005 draft and rememeber how many people thought Alex Smith was going to be a much better pro. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, greenlatrine said:

First ever player to win league mvp, super bowl and super bowl mvp in the same year. Book it

That's not true, Mahomes did it 2 years ago.

Now if you want to add comeback player and those other 3, that would be a first.