Does Reddick get a call from JD today?

Nope.  Now it's likely a pride thing for JD.  I doubt we see Reddick in Jets green this year.

Of course, I doubted that a while back too, so my view hasn't really changed.  Mistakes all around on this one, by the Jets, JD and Reddick.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Nope.  Now it's likely a pride thing for JD.  I doubt we see Reddick in Jets green this year.

Of course, I doubted that a while back too, so my view hasn't really changed.  Mistakes all around on this one, by the Jets, JD and Reddick.

Not pride... But detrimental to all future negotiations... 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Unless I am not understanding the rules - doesn't Reddick need to be here for at least 6 games for this year to count? Otherwise, the Jets will retain his rights next year, as well. Right? 

Unless he is just going to retire, I have a hard time seeing him not showing up to avoid that disastrous scenario. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

It's JD's job as GM to be in communication regardless of who you think is to blame. Abdicating that responsibility is malfeasance.

I don't think he's refused to speak with Reddick until he shows up. He just refused to consider altering his contract (in terms of a major extension along the lines of what Reddick's seeking) until the team got to see him firsthand.

At the same time, I've no firsthand knowledge and am only surmising from what's been written/said publicly.

• Upvote 2

Lost in all this is the fact the Eagles chose to move on.

If they thought Reddick still had the goods, they wouldn't have paid Huff all that money.

They would have just used the money they gave Huff to keep Reddick.

Reddick isn't ancient for a pass rusher but anytime a player reaches age 30, there's increased risk of decline.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The way JD managed this whole thing should be a fireable offense unto itself.

Yes he should ABSOLUTELY call him today.  He should have been talking to him/agent regularly all off-season trying to work something out.  There should be no room for childish behavior like this from executives.

Haha, have you ever had a job? That’s ALL I expect from execs

• Upvote 1

Joe mismanaged this from the start-his fanboys always absolve him from everything. 

Joe traded for a player that is not playing-that is 100% on Joe-even worse the fact that Joe is not speaking to the player is criminal -Joe took his proverbial  ball and went home 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

I doubt it. If Reddick truly won't show up without a new long-term deal, he's never coming here. JD isn't going to buckle and sign him to a 4-year $100mil contract extension because of Monday. If JD did that, it's probably a bad move. The only way this works out is if Reddick takes the patchwork deal to get through the season

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Joe mismanaged this from the start-his fanboys always absolve him from everything. 

Joe traded for a player that is not playing-that is 100% on Joe-even worse the fact that Joe is not speaking to the player is criminal -Joe took his proverbial  ball and went home 

Of course it’s on Douglas. 

• Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I doubt it. If Reddick truly won't show up without a new long-term deal, he's never coming here. JD isn't going to buckle and sign him to a 4-year $100mil contract extension because of Monday. If JD did that, it's probably a bad move. The only way this works out is if Reddick takes the patchwork deal to get through the season

And then the next GM of the Jets can trade or release him. 

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The only call JD should be making is to other teams to trade him to

This team has sh*t pass rushers. JD should be doing anything to get Reddick on the field. Jermaine Johnsons is overrated and Mcdonald well....

• Upvote 1

He's not going to play for us. Well is poisoned.  
Then we get to watch him decay on the bench like a high school science project... If the team doesn't play better than yesterday, it might give us something to watch... Reminiscent of the ignominious Zach Hoodie era.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• jgb changed the title to JD needs to drop pride on Reddick