Complete this sentence: "If the Jets get beat by the Titans this Sunday, ......................"

2 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

I get the criticism of Saleh but to just say he’s the worst like we didn’t just have Gase at the helm a few years ago is absurd. 

Saleh will either get enough wins this year or he’s gone. Simple as that. 

enough wins for saleh to keep his job will be 10+.  any less and there's no reason to renew his contract.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

I get the criticism of Saleh but to just say he’s the worst like we didn’t just have Gase at the helm a few years ago is absurd. 

Saleh will either get enough wins this year or he’s gone. Simple as that. 

Gase was an awful hire, but just to play Devil's Advocate, do we know Saleh is a better HC than Gase? Case didn't have anywhere near the roster Saleh has had over the last couple of years and has actually made the playoffs as a HC. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Green Truth said:

Saleh gets fired right after the game. No Excuses this year. He needs to be gone.

I like that finally the pressure is on, there’s no more excuses, they got their preseason game out of the way last week and now it’s put up or shut up time.  If your d gives up a td and you lose, you’re that much closer to getting fired.  If the OC cant figure out how to use the guys he’s been given and dress for the game, and you score 16 points adn lose 17-16, you’re closer to being fired.  His roster is good enough to start the season at least 3-3.  Let’s go, hope for the best, but finally no redos.  No zach wilson excuses.  And maybe no 2025.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I’m expecting another brutally disappointing game. So, for me it’s simply “ if the Jets get beat by Titans this Sunday” “it’s 415 Sunday afternoon and Nothing has changed!” This should surprise no one, if it does , that’s on you. 

Learned the secret of success through lowered expectations for this team long ago. If they lose, they lose.

28034046-4FFE-47F2-B68B-BDB30C5D7543.png.bbc5de44413c937217f6427b27604ad3.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, doitny said:

oh you mean to replace Saleh with the guy whos defense got embarrassed on national TV?

if we lose against the Titians theres good chance the defense looked bad again. your firing Saleh to promote a guy who should be fired too? makes no sense.

Saleh and JD still being here makes no sense as well.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

"things are going as expected with the worst HC in all of football, and maybe even below Kotite on list of all time sh*tiest Jets head coaches"

Have never hated a head coach as much as I hate Saleh

Have never hated a GM/HC duo as much as I can't stand Douglas/Saleh. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, doitny said:

its too late now. there here for this season. after we will see.

It's not too late. but it's gonna get there if they don't act soon.

Too late would be after they've been mathematically eliminated.

The Bills were in dire straits last year and fired their OC mid-season which sparked a run to the postseason.

If they lose to Tennessee, Saleh should be fired immediately and Ron Middleton named interim HC.

Ronnie is a genuine leader, straight talker, a legit guy the team can rally around.

He also isn't a puss -- he goes for it on 4th down, doesn't punt from midfield down 2 scores with 5 mins left 😅

image.jpeg.1527c6092e33c8d5e2b6610472cab01a.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Exactly.  If they have success on the field, it will be a product of chance and not intelligent design.  And as we all know, winning by chance/luck only happens on rare occasion. 

Premordial slime, pressure, heat, a few mass extinctions over a few billion years produced Woody.   Chance can produce a winner in the NFL when the odds and rules are stacked in your favor.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Yeah, that wasn’t what I was getting at.

Yes, there have been many incompetent GMs in recent Jets history. Some of them were complete morons. But none of them burned me up the way these two do. I think Douglas's arrogance, combined with Saleh's dishonesty, are at the root of it.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

13 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It's not too late. but it's gonna get there if they don't act soon.

Too late would be after they've been mathematically eliminated.

The Bills were in dire straits last year and fired their OC mid-season which sparked a run to the postseason.

If they lose to Tennessee, Saleh should be fired immediately and Ron Middleton named interim HC.

Ronnie is a genuine leader, straight talker, a legit guy the team can rally around.

He also isn't a puss -- he goes for it on 4th down, doesn't punt from midfield down 2 scores with 5 mins left 😅

image.jpeg.1527c6092e33c8d5e2b6610472cab01a.jpeg

your talking about OCs not HCs. Pierce was hired after the Raiders started 3-5. and mostly that came that early because McDaniel's is not liked. I think Saleh is a likable guy whos team really likes him. i dont see him getting fired after 2 weeks. we would have to be really bad by week 8 for Woody to even consider firing a HC for the 1st time in season ever.

Frank Riech went 1-10 before he got fired.

all you guys that want Saleh fired immediately keep coming up with names like Ulbrich or Middleton. but we all know with Rodgers here its going to be Hackett a HC that is much worst than Saleh and someone none of you guys want.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

your talking about OCs not HCs. Pierce was hired after the Raiders started 3-5. and mostly that came that early because McDaniel's is not liked. I think Saleh is a likable guy whos team really likes him. i dont see him getting fired after 2 weeks. we would have to be really bad by week 8 for Woody to even consider firing a HC for the 1st time in season ever.

Frank Riech went 1-10 before he got fired.

all you guys that want Saleh fired immediately keep coming up with names like Ulbrich or Middleton. but we all know with Rodgers here its going to be Hackett a HC that is much worst than Saleh and someone none of you guys want.

A change isn't going to happen in-season because Woody is a passive putz.

But it should.

Hackett should be fired, too, or at the very least demoted to a position like coffee boy where he cannot derail the season.

Todd Downing couldn't possibly be worse than Hackett when it comes to playcalling.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Yes, there have been many incompetent GMs in recent Jets history. Some of them were complete morons. But none of them burned me up the way these two do. I think Douglas's arrogance, combined with Saleh's dishonesty, are at the root of it.

More power to you. If I thought they were the worst combo in team history, I wouldn’t be such a dark sider.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Douglas drafted the OROY and DROY in the same draft.

He pulled a king's ransom for "Prez".

He's a HOF executive compared to Macc and Idzik.

You can't win in the NFL without a real head coach.

If they want to fire him because he hired Saleh, that's totally fair though.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bungaman said:

If the Jets get beat by the Titans this Sunday, after drinking the rest of the day, I will double up on the edibles and be face first in my clothes on my bed by 7PM.  

Ngl in bed by 7pm sounds ******* awesome 

• Haha 4