Broncos 1-2, better than we think?

FidelioJet

9 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The combined win total for teams the Bills have beaten is 2.

Some Jets fans just love being losers and try to spin everything negative.

This isn't about the Bill but if you want to get into them -  they are 3-0 (not 2-1) but I would agree it's a weak 3-0.

I think the Bill's are an immensely beatable team.  In fact, I think Saleh/Ulbrich have, to a degree, figured out Allen.  I expect the Jets to beat the Bills at least once with a sweep not out of the question.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

They likely are but once we beat them everyone will tell us how awful they are and blah, blah, blah predicted to get top 5 pick. Just like the Patriots. Wait till we beat the Vikings and we hear, yep Sam Darnold is still Sam Darnold, plus Ginger’s are notorious for coming in second place in England, just like Prince Harry. We should just continue to beat the piss out of teams and ignore everything else. 
It's the Bills game .. that's what it comes down to.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Denver's D was always going to be good. The question was the offense QB'd by a rookie. They played to expectations in the first two games struggling to sustain drives and score. I watched the Tampa game. They were a different more confident O. Nix scrambled effectively and had far better pocket awareness than the first two games and he was very accurate on his downfield passing.  

BTW how did the Jets manage to draw a schedule where there first 8 games are all against very good defenses? 

• Upvote 2

I think both sides will have a little extra motivation with this whole Hackett ordeal.

With that being said, under no circumstance should Saleh / ulbrich allow a rookie qb in his 4th start to beat up their defense. The game plan should be relatively easy for this defense, don’t give nix any time and take away the short stuff. The offense from a talent standpoint is mediocre at best. This is a game where the defense needs to do its job. 20 points from Rodgers and co should secure a win. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Ehh, probably but it's hard to tell this early who is really good and who is really bad. 

I think this past week has shown - again - that there's not as much between a lot of these teams as people like to think.

You have to show up every week, you can't just coast and expect to win because of what you did last week (looking at you Dallas! :D). Play up to your own level rather than down to your opponent's level (looking at you Las Vegas :D).

This is - hopefully - where Rodgers will be important in the lead up to the game. We need that "we ain't won nothing" attitude - players and coaches both. AR knows how few chances he has left, and he has to make this one count. 

• Upvote 3

I'm not sleeping on them and like I said before I doubt the Jets will either (Rodgers Revenge Game)

But I don't have much belief in Bo Nix, and if we're truly back on track with the defense.....we've spooked way more talented young QBs (Stroud, Hurts, Allen, etc) 

Rodgers talked about expecting to win these games and stop acting shocked when the Jets do something right, well I'm EXPECTING a win at home against this team who's staying in WV this week to avoid the time zone difference

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 TD's in 3 games, all runs, 2 roll outs by their sh*tty rookie QB and the other was a pitch that Bucs defended like morons.  They have a 25% 3rd down conversion rate.  They have zero passing TD's but 4 INT's.

Everyone keeps saying their D is legit but why because they played bad offensive teams?  They are allowing opposing Qb's to complete, 71% of their passes, they give up 4.5 ypc on the ground, so they got off on the sh*tty overrated Bucs and blew up for 7 sacks.  Negative 2 turnover ratio. 

They suck and Sean Payton is overrated HC who is a POS human.

The Jets are going to dominate in the Aaron Rodgers "get my coaches name out your mouth" revenge game.

Tell'em @Pac

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

49 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This isn't about the Bill but if you want to get into them -  they are 3-0 (not 2-1) but I would agree it's a weak 3-0.

I think the Bill's are an immensely beatable team.  In fact, I think Saleh/Ulbrich have, to a degree, figured out Allen.  I expect the Jets to beat the Bills at least once with a sweep not out of the question.

I didn’t mean to go off on you, it’s just that I finally feel pretty good about the team. 😆 

The Broncos could very well be slightly tougher than originally thought but still, at home, the Jets have to win this game.

7 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I didn’t mean to go off on you, it’s just that I finally feel pretty good about the team. 😆 

The Broncos could very well be slightly tougher than originally thought but still, at home, the Jets have to win this game.

I think the Jets looked very good last week.  I think Rodgers looked great last week.   But I'm not close to being sold on this team yet.  Been a Jet fan far too long for that.

What makes this year different is...If Rodgers is anywhere near  the MVP/HOF Rodgers (which he looked like last week) he kinda makes the team let down proof.  In that case the Jets win this one handily. 

If Rodgers is the guy we saw for his first 6 quarters this year - this will be a close one.

I don't mean to be negative here - it's just too early and I'm too scarred.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Happen to agree with this.

I think the Broncos will show up.

The Jets need to be well prepared and not have any miscues, like missed FG's or T/O's.

I don't see this as the blowout, many here are predicting.

i think most jets fans would love to see a blowout.  buffalo blew out the jags last night.  the packers and the vikings blew out their opponents this last week.

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Happen to agree with this.

I think the Broncos will show up.

The Jets need to be well prepared and not have any miscues, like missed FG's or T/O's.

I don't see this as the blowout, many here are predicting.

Exactly.  Historically, this is EXACTLY the situation where the Jets, through the decades, have shown up under prepared and get an unexpected disappointing loss. Anyone taking this game for granted is not thinking clearly.

• Upvote 2

The 2024 Broncos are a likely bottom 10 (possible bottom 5) team.

A Super Bowl contender with the best roster in their history (which we supposedly are) should not have major problems defeating them.  If the Jets are what people here say, they should handle their business, no problem, same as the Patriots (another likely bottom 5 team).

We don't have to 'talk up' every opponent in some superstitious mantra.  The Broncos aren't good, we're supposed to be VERY good.  And the game is in NY, not Denver.  This shouldn't be a close game.  

If it IS a very close game, or if we lose, that is not "aw shucks, Broncos are pretty good I guess" moment, it's a frankly big disappointment and let down by the Rodgers-led Jets. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The Broncos are 1-2, yes.  But the teams they lost to are both 3-0, (both one score games) the team they beat is 2-1.

So, the combined win total of the team's the Broncos have played is 8.  The combined win total of the team's the Jets have played is 2

image.thumb.png.f27426d5d893eb21e1725f1b7ef5a3b4.png

image.thumb.png.5f38eea06cd860938e36db9e3a1e2eeb.png

The Patriots were not such a bad team until they got dismantled by the Jets.

I think the question you should be asking yourself is: "Are the Jets a much better team than we originally thought going into the season?"

If they are really good, then all of this analysis doesn't mean anything.  If the Jets are not as good as they were against the Patriots, then  you are saying that the Jets should lose this weekend.

• Upvote 1