Have you given up on the playoffs after yesterday?

If you were to go back and look to August I wasn’t convinced playoffs was a forgone conclusion like most here. I had simply asked the organization and fans to show how good they are rather than tell us.

• Upvote 2

No, in the moment very upset and frustrated. But after 4 weeks this is the most wide open I’ve seen the NFL and AFC in a long time. It’s not even October yet. I look back at past seasons with other teams and even the Jets where they start clicking in December after having major uncertainty in the first half of the year. It’s hard to have faith in Robert Saleh though, he does NOTHING well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Too much season left to rule that out and despite my frustration yesterday you can't be a prisoner of the moment.  However, any hope at winning the division or making a deep playoff run went out the window yesterday, that's for sure.  Sneaking in as the last WC and losing in the opening round is the best case scenario for this team.

This franchise, as always, continues to spin its wheels uselessly.

• Upvote 2

Not at all. Far fetch to think jets are actually a favorite to win or make the Super Bowl though. It’s not that difficult to get in the playoffs. Almost made it last yr with the worst qb in the NFL. No clear favorite. Chiefs have got beat up in every game, and are 1-3 without refs helping them as always. 

• Upvote 3

A team without a proven track record should always be met with skepticism. For the past five years, we've witnessed offseason makeovers and championship promises, yet this pattern continues to mesmerize and sway many Jets fans. 

Consider the belief that a 41-year-old quarterback, coming back from a significant injury, alongside an offensive line comprising players prone to injuries and lacking joint playtime, could steer a team to the Super Bowl. We narrowly defeated the Titans, who essentially imploded, and we used the statistics from our win against the league's weakest team to inflate our emotional and hopeful expectations.

• Upvote 1

Still a lot of football to play. it is rather early to have had our "lost a game we should have won" - but we're still due the "won a game we should have lost" to balance it out. ;-)

The next 3-4 games should give a far better idea on playoffs or not. Minny are due to drop a clunker - might as well be the London game. Bills got run all over by the Ravens last night. Pitt lost to the corpse of Joe Flacco. It's still an open division / conference.

i have always said you can't tell how a team is until game four or so.  the playoffs aren't out of the question but it seems pretty clear this team isn't what they were made out to be.  maybe the expectations were too high but you'd think saleh would have learned to coach by now.  i want a coach who, in the words of bumm philips about shula; can take his'n and beat your'n, and your'n and beat his'n.  that's the kind of coach the jets needs.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Too much season left to rule that out and despite my frustration yesterday you can't be a prisoner of the moment.  However, any hope at winning the division or making a deep playoff run went out the window yesterday, that's for sure.  Sneaking in as the last WC and losing in the opening round is the best case scenario for this team.

This franchise, as always, continues to spin its wheels uselessly.

This.  Jets are somewhere from a 7-10 to 9-7 team.  Before you know it we'll be talking about Saleh and Douglas' joint firing, Rodgers' retirement, and the ever comical prospect of Woody and Brick Johnson replacing them all.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

No, in the moment very upset and frustrated. But after 4 weeks this is the most wide open I’ve seen the NFL and AFC in a long time. It’s not even October yet. I look back at past seasons with other teams and even the Jets where they start clicking in December after having major uncertainty in the first half of the year. It’s hard to have faith in Robert Saleh though, he does NOTHING well. 

This.  The AFC is pretty wide open.  Even the Chefs look kind of questionable.  It's still early and we still have a lot of talent on paper.  Plus the NFL tends to take crazy turns.  That said, I still think our CS is an abomination and I wouldn't be surprised at all if this season turns out to be another major disappointment.  These next 3 weeks are going to be a major test.  Losing to Denver was inexcusable.

• Upvote 2

No. Never give up hope.

Saleh though is a complete dope and the sooner he is outta here the better.

This gameplan should have been simple. Take away the running game and let’s see a rookie QB beat us through the air. I think Bart in the postgame said they blitzed like 11 percent. Seriously?

The pre and post snap penalties are a staple of a Saleh coached team to point where it’s embarrassing.

Yesterday was a game that I feel like I have seen a hundred times. In the elements against an inferior opponent. Doesn’t matter if the coach is Walton, Coslet, Rex it is the culture of this franchise as a whole.

Sooner or later Rodgers is gonna lose his sh!t and start tearing into some people for their undisciplined play and bad coaching. 

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

We are 2-2 there are 13 games left so anything is still possible even with that bo-bo head as the coach.

“Anything is possible” the crutch of gamblers, theologians and sports fans everywhere.

• Haha 1

I have given up the hope for any deep run. They may still squeak in as a WC team but it's basically one and done. Reality has set in for me after yesterday and I'm not a reactionary type person. This coaching staff is awful. They continue to kill themselves with stupid penalties. Led the league in penalties last year and could do it again this year.  They are often flat and unprepared especially after a longer than normal week. Signs of a poorly coached team. Wilson looks lost right now. Hall looks like he's running in mud. They also have a hard time stopping the run. They lost JFM and JJ on the Dline and replaced them with who exactly? The bottom line is with the parity in this league it's very difficult to overcome bad coaching. Saleh and Hackett will lose you the close games. Rodgers will not be able to overcome all that is wrong with this team and coaching staff.  I have seen enough. They could very likely be 2-4 two weeks from now. 

Obviously still a lot of football to play but this isn’t a very good team. First off we are A very poorly coached team. We also cannot stop the run. We just got lucky against the Patriots that we went up early and took them out of their game plan. Other than that, we get gashed up the middle, even when we know the run is coming. And our star players, Wilson, Hall and Sauce are not as good as we all think and they are gonna be wanting to get paid like they are tops at their position. Rodgers still has some gas in the tank, but clearly he’s very limited at this point in his career. 

• Upvote 1

We can still make the playoffs, but I don't know how anyone can realistically believe we are gonna do anything in the post-season other than get a cup of coffee and get destroyed by a real team is beyond me. Coaching is just not on par, not even close. Probably bottom 5 coaching staff in the league other than Ulbrich

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Gibby said:

If you were to go back and look to August I wasn’t convinced playoffs was a forgone conclusion like most here. I had simply asked the organization and fans to show how good they are rather than tell us.

I have predicted all offseason that this was a 8 win team with Saleh as HC. I see nothing to dissuade mw on that.

26 minutes ago, Icer said:

We can still make the playoffs, but I don't know how anyone can realistically believe we are gonna do anything in the post-season other than get a cup of coffee and get destroyed by a real team is beyond me. Coaching is just not on par, not even close. Probably bottom 5 coaching staff in the league other than Ulbrich

Is it crazy to say bottom 1? Is there a coaching staff that is clearly worse? 

100%, absolutely. I took my daughter to her first game yesterday and it was traumatic. The same thing was true again - EVERY game, except for a scant few, is unwinnable for the Jets, until they prove otherwise. When they bring weapons to use against themselves, like lack of discipline, confusion over cadence, vanilla playcalling (we have THE WORST OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN HISTORY) and Saleh's idiocy, it's game over.

These team doesn't even deserve to be anywhere near the bubble/in the hunt much less in the dance for the championship. Aaron Rodgers at age 58, with this coach? Failed experiment.