What should accountability look like? I'll start:

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Id move garrett wilson into the slot and have Williams and Lazard as wr 1 and 2.

Id also let Leonard Taylor get a bunch of snaps and sit useless quinnen williams on the bench.

Then go bet the Jets against the Vikings this week?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:
  • Since Firing Saleh is unlikely - Start the young RB. Sit Breece. Breece is talented but he is very inconsistent. Until he wakes up...roll with the hot hand.

Starting with a focus on solving the wrong problem doesn’t help anything. The issue is the line.

If we need a 240er to gain net positive yards, it’s the line.

If our all pro cannot take a handoff without being immediately walloped,  it’s the line.  

If we rebuilt the whole thing with seasoned vets, and it got worse, it’s the coaching. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Starting with a focus on solving the wrong problem doesn’t help anything. The issue is the line.

If our all pro cannot take a handoff without being immediately walloped,  it’s the line.  

If we rebuilt the whole thing with seasoned vets, and it got worse, it’s the coaching. 

The line was terrible yesterday, but that doesn't change the reality that Allen looks significantly better running the ball then Breece through 4 games. 

It can't all be the line - Allen and Hall are running behind the same line. 

• Upvote 3

For starters find someone with higher than an 80 football IQ to tell Hackett obvious personnel things like "Put #0 in on goal line" or hey it's raining and this is obviously tough sledding today, maybe favor #0 over #20 or "Put #18 in on 3rd and 10 with the game on the line instead of #82" or "Don't you ever run Solomon Thomas on a ******* fade in the red zone you dumb ****".

I've never seen a coaching staff so clueless when it comes to offensive personnel. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes the oline is not run blocking very well.  Is it zone blocking?  Gap blocking?  But running the big back into the line for 3+ is better than running the shifty guy for -1.  And guess what? After about 10-15 of sending the big back in the defense gets tired of run blocking which should open other things up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

Yes the oline is not run blocking very well.  Is it zone blocking?  Gap blocking?  But running the big back into the line for 3+ is better than running the shifty guy for -1.  And guess what? After about 10-15 of sending the big back in the defense gets tired of run blocking which should open other things up.

Cool cool, but how is the run blocking Saleh’s fault? 

Well, this is what accountability DOESN'T look like:

Robert, what went wrong in the pass protection?

Uh, like I said man, they've [Denver defense] got a really good group, they create a lot of one-on-ones. Um, you know, they did a really nice job in coverage, uh, and they got after it. Like I said, it's a good defense." [shrugs].

Tyron Smith ... how would you assess how he's played the last few weeks?

He's doing fine. Um, you know, [we're] always going to look at things that we can improve on but uh, um, but I know that as he continues to get comfortable with everything he's going to get better and better, too. So he's, um, he's doing fine.

Robert, specifically with Breece, I don't know if it's the eye test, but it looks like there's a little bit of lack of explosiveness. I mean, he doesn't look like the same player, uh, that you guys had the last couple of years. ... Why do you think he hasn't gotten going yet?

I know yesterday wasn't clean, it wasn't his best game, but I don't think there's an issue with Breece with regards to his explosiveness and all that. He still has plenty of juice, his GPS numbers are fine. Um, you know, just chalk it up to a bad day. Everyone has them and I fully expect him to bounce back.

What did you mean when you said yesterday that maybe we're not good enough yet for the cadence?

Cadence is all part of operation and the finishing line on that statement was, "operation." And our operation had been good up until yesterday. Obviously there are things that showed up and, um, it'd definitely something that I think we can get fixed.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I agree and explained it elsewhere, but Breece’s running style won’t work in this scheme. Braelon is able to net positive thru brute strength and power. 

We shouldn’t have to choose between them. Our OL coach and OC should be scheming for their unique strengths.

It is categorically insane that we’re calling for Breece to be benched. Hackett is slamming him between the tackles, has gone back to not passing to him, and simply shows zero awareness of the things Breece does well… yet again.

I feel like you’re reaching here.

Someone brought Breece up last year as being average and this board scorched them.

We really have only seen one full season of Breece and maybe, just maybe he’s not what we think he is.

He also has a fumble rate of every 72 carries and a drop percentage of 10%. Which are both well above the norm.

48 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Cool cool, but how is the run blocking Saleh’s fault? 

saleh is the head coach.  he can dictate how the offense and defense is run.  he was right there watching hall getting stuffed at the line.  to be a head coach you gotta act like one.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Id move garrett wilson into the slot and have Williams and Lazard as wr 1 and 2.

Id also let Leonard Taylor get a bunch of snaps and sit useless quinnen williams on the bench.

G5 should be used all over the field

a la Jamarr Chase

Too bad Hackett in INCOMPETENT!

40 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

I feel like you’re reaching here.

Someone brought Breece up last year as being average and this board scorched them.

We really have only seen one full season of Breece and maybe, just maybe he’s not what we think he is.

He also has a fumble rate of every 72 carries and a drop percentage of 10%. Which are both well above the norm.

Every Sunday we watch UDFA RBs light the league up. Even if he’s not all we think he is, it’s utterly foolish to think he’s solely the issue - when you have historical facts at your disposal that point to Kieth Carter. 

Let’s take the 3 new OL we signed… are they also “not what we thought they were”?

Think it’s kind of shortsighted to have a win now season with a new offensive line and QB and expect things to just work in September without having a preseason. 

it’s a fair question to ask the staff or Douglas if he’s ever available. 

Saleh given how exhausted the staff and team was following the Titans game likely gave the team 5 days off after Thursdays Patriots win and lo and behind they are unorganized.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Saleh was teeing off on a golf course somewhere right now.

For a guy who gave that ridiculous "Commanders" and "Survivors" speech, the guy himself is a fraud, a paper tiger and hypocrite.

Outside of the weight room, I guess, he's a guy that does the bare minimum.

Somebody asked him during training camp exactly what had done between year 1 and now to "self scout" and "self improve", and his answer was some typically vague BS....

He's done absolutely nothing to change any of the problems that have been plaguing this team since day 1.

He was billed as a "culture changer", but the only constant of his tenure has been losing football games.

His silent hope was that bringing in Aaron Rodgers to carry the team would allow him to sit back and be the dumb stairmaster and cheerleader he is on Sundays and reap the rewards.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Saleh was teeing off on a golf course somewhere right now.

For a guy who gave that ridiculous "Commanders" and "Survivors" speech, the guy himself is a fraud, a paper tiger and hypocrite.

Somebody asked him during training camp exactly what he did to "self scout" and "self improve", and his answer was some typically vague BS....

He's done absolutely nothing to change any of the problems that have been plaguing this team since day 1.

He was billed as a "culture changer", but the only constant of his tenure has been losing football games.

His silent hope was that bringing in Aaron Rodgers to carry the team would allow him to sit back and be the dumb stairmaster and cheerleader he is on Sundays and reap the rewards.

Shoot this into my veins. 

• Haha 2

If Belichick really wanted to get back at Kraft the worst thing he could do to him would be to return to the Jets. Something not even rumored because not going to happen. Bill for whatever reason hates the Jets even more than Kraft does. One reason he'd never return here and the reason he prob quit in the first place is the owner. He's too smart to work for somebody like that. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

G5 is already taking plenty of snaps out of the slot.

They move him in there a lot on 3rd down.

He's still not separating, not making plays, not on the same page with Rodgers.

His head is up his azz or something.

The plays where he fails to keep his feet inbounds are ridiculous.  He's like 3 yards from the sideline and just completely careless as to where his feet are and where the boundary is, just like he's been with the football since he got here.

He doesn't protect the football.  He holds it loosely, as if defenders never try to rip the ball out.

That comes down to coaching just like pretty much everything else.

I am starting to wonder whether Saleh-coached teams even practice during the season, or are they all basically glorified walkthroughs.

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Somebody asked him during training camp exactly what had done between year 1 and now to "self scout" and "self improve", and his answer was some typically vague BS....

He will be on a panel show on espn or Fox next year 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

G5 is already taking plenty of snaps out of the slot.

They move him in there a lot on 3rd down.

He's still not separating, not making plays, not on the same page with Rodgers.

His head is up his azz or something.

The plays where he fails to keep his feet inbounds are ridiculous.  He's like 3 yards from the sideline and just completely careless as to where his feet are and where the boundary is, just like he's been with the football since he got here.

He doesn't protect the football.  He holds it loosely, as if defenders never try to rip the ball out.

That comes down to coaching just like pretty much everything else.

I am starting to wonder whether Saleh-coached teams even practice during the season, or are they all basically glorified walkthroughs.

Garrett Wilson is the JR Smith of the NFL. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I'd frame it a little differently but same basic idea. These are the 5 I'd like to see consistently on the field at the same time. Lazard and Conklin would sub for one another.

Outside - Mike Williams

Outside - Allen Lazard

Slot - Garrett Wilson

RB1 - Breece Hall

RB2 - Braelon Allen

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd frame it a little differently but same basic idea. These are the 5 I'd like to see consistently on the field at the same time. Lazard and Conklin would sub for one another.

Outside - Mike Williams

Outside - Allen Lazard

Slot - Garrett Wilson

RB1 - Breece Hall

RB2 - Braelon Allen

I would definitely use 0 and 20 together on the field, Allen as the back on distances < 5 yards and motion Breece out. He's a better slot/receiver than Gipson or Corley, and tbh, Allen looks like the better back right now. 

People forget this because of nostalgia or whatever, but the team was also ripped for lack of discipline under Rex.

He used to have the team do push-ups after practice penalties 🤣

Sounds sophomoric, but at least it's something.

Based on what I've heard / read / observed in actual games, the last time this team had real discipline and smarts was under Mangini.

Players hated him and chafed at his personality, but at least they respected him and weren't beating themselves.

I've heard players say no coach ever prepared them with opponent-specific gameplanning to the level of detail Mangini did.

He had them at 8-3 when Favre's shoulder busted.