SALEH FIRED

Just now, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Woodrow DEFINITELY reads Jet Nation message boards.

I can’t help but think I played a small part in this happening and am glad.

I liked Saleh too and wanted to see, and actually thought he would, win lots of games with a real QB.  But when it really became apparent to me that the guy really is Nothing but a Fake as a HC, because you can continuously see him get OUT-COACHED even in the 33% of the time the Jets actually Win a game with him on the sideline, there was only one move to make and thankfully it was made today.

I hope Saleh is hired as a DC somewhere and has success, but a HC he is Not and probably never will be.

Maybe Saleh will do better if he gets a 2nd try at being a HC in the future, but yeah, I think his ceiling is DC (for now at least). 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Good move but Ulbrch better just be an interim place holder unless we do something like win the division.

Ulbrich is a Saleh disciple and just another D coach.

It took aaron rodgers about 5 games  played to be a coach killer, that is impressive.

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I'd expect Ulbrich to move Manuel up to DC, and retain Boyer as ST coordinator.

The Billion dollar question is what happens at OC. Rodgers will want to keep Hackett, so this will be interesting.

I don't see them doing anything at OC until after the season.

But hey, I could be wrong.

6 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Well, I’ll be a monkeys uncle. I’ll take the L on this one because I can’t remember the last time Woody fired a coach midseason.

Well, I’ll be a monkeys uncle. I’ll take the L on this one because I can’t remember the last time Woody fired. I had coach midseason

now go get yourself a real head coach!IMG_5121.jpeg.58b7cb9cb3d2fe92d66f6b682d12eda3.jpeg

NO MORE DEFENSIVE COACHES FOR GODS SAKE

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What does Colin Cowherd think about this?  He hasnt spoken yet, but his narrative that Rodgers won a power play, got Saleh fired and the Jets are a total dumpster fire is going to be brilliant.

All of those things are true

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I think it was when he told the halftime reporter on Sunday that "We just need to keep doing what we are doing". I cannot imagine that sat well with Woody and JD.

Yeah well Douglas knows that Saleh was just taking him down the toilet so I’m sure that was motivation too

• Upvote 1

Just now, bicketybam said:

If Hackett was to be let go or demoted, who do you guys want to replace Hackett with? Is there anyone on staff that is capable of becoming  a good OC?

Maybe Nate Hackett could coax his dad out of retirement.....enter Paul Hackett.....LOL.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It took aaron rodgers about 5 games  played to be a coach killer, that is impressive.

Coach killer? Is was more like suicide. Don't pretend that Rodgers came in and ran a great coach out of town.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Jets fired head coach Robert Saleh.

Defensive coordinator Jeff Ulbrich will take over as interim head coach. Apparently the Jets had seen enough after three lackluster seasons and a sputtering start to the 2024 campaign. Saleh has had a dicey relationship with Aaron Rodgers, including a couple well-documented sideline interactions that did not appear entirely friendly. Saleh’s defense was elite throughout his time with the Jets. Since the start of the 2021 season, Saleh’s Jets defense has allowed the sixth lowest offensive success rate and has been stellar against the pass over the past two seasons. Saleh had the misfortune of being tied to the success or failure of Zach Wilson, the team’s first round draft pick in 2022 who flamed out immediately. Rodgers’ Week 1 Achilles tear in 2023 was another blow for Saleh, who once again had to lean on Wilson. A defensive coordinator before landing the Jets top job, Saleh, 45, will likely be a popular coordinator prospect during the offseason.

43m ago

Source: Adam Schefter

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=00000192-6c3b-d1b7-ab93-eeffea6e0000

That public interaction I’m sure fueled some awkward moments after the fact between the two. Nobody was buying the bs excuses giving after. Saleh and Rodgers just seemed to clash a lot. I like the rule about keeping politics out of football, but those two both have been very public about their views. Another major divide, that we have seen families strain over.. 

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

Coach killer? Is was more like suicide. Don't pretend that Rodgers came in and ran a great coach out of town.

Surprised to hear you say that. I thought you were one of his last defenders (not being sarcastic).  

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Good move but Ulbrch better just be an interim place holder unless we do something like win the division.

Ulbrich is a Saleh disciple and just another D coach.

He's actually a Dan Quinn disciple...

• Upvote 1

I would love to see Ulrich have some real balls right now.   Tell JD and Woody that he wants a 3 year contract, the ability to hire his own coaches and full control over the roster he’s given so he can actually bench Rodgers if needed.

This looks like a career trap for Ulrich unless he has real authority.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2