SALEH FIRED

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Honestly ... Ulbrich is an awesome DC ... I don't know if he has the Xs and Os to do this.

Salad’s issue was actual coaching and discipline/accountability.  Ulbrich is a former player I would think he can handle the discipline and accountability aspect. Hopefully he will be better with situational coaching? A simple example would be going for it on 4th and 2 early in the Vikings game. Should have gotten the 3 points to get points on the board on the road. End of game would have field goal drive to tie instead of needing TD.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I will say this now.  I’ve thought it since hard knocks.  And I’ll accept the laughs it may generate.  Personality wise, Ulbrich reminds me very much of another NFL head coach:

Dan Campbell

I came away thinking- this guy is definitely going to be a HC, and seems much more like a HC than Saleh. I think he is gonna not take any sh*t here and get these dudes ready to play! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

How does this help the offense? Why is Hackett still here?

Saleh stinks and his firing was inevitable but not sure how this improves our offensive woes.

This is desperation. At least homers can stop the fake positivity threads pretending everything is fine.

It doesn't. Rodgers and Hackett won.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Barkus said:

Salad’s issue was actual coaching and discipline/accountability.  Ulbrich is a former player I would think he can handle the discipline and accountability aspect. Hopefully he will be better with situational coaching? A simple example would be going for it on 4th and 2 early in the Vikings game. Should have gotten the 3 points to get points on the board on the road. End of game would have field goal drive to tie instead of needing TD.

He can’t be any worse. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

firing Saleh and keeping Hackett is the dumbest, funniest possible outcome and thus has been fated since the second Rodgers went on that tv show. If Ulbrich is allowed to make changes to the offensive coaching staff, I'll be interested. If not... good riddance but it's all just deck chairs. 

Should have just made ar8 the HC for the rest of the season.   Woody likes the spotlight and that would have done it.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

I have no idea what has happened to Breece Hall this season but I hope Ulbirch decides to start Allen over him for Buffalo. Ulbirch could use Hall for play-action & short passes where he has been more effective than running the ball right up the middle (like we usually have him do). Hall is currently averaging 3.0 yds per carry compared to Allen's 4.5 yds. Hall is also ranked 34 in rushing . . . and there are only 32 teams!

They should be using the Pony package. That's what a schmat OC would do.

1 minute ago, Frankie Green said:

I came away thinking- this guy is definitely going to be a HC, and seems much more like a HC than Saleh. I think he is gonna not take any sh*t here and get these dudes ready to play! 

I believe this as well and expect to see the Jets playing motivated, disciplined, football on Monday night.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

What do you think of JD’s record? Or Hackett’s?

Hackett sucks. JD had done both good and bad things.  I think he had put together a good enough roster to win. If they miss playoffs he goes too

• Upvote 2

Saleh was checked out. Quincy Williams comments were probably about Saleh. Ulbrich as HC could be a game changer for this team 

Really? How? Our defensive coordinator is suddenly going to make the offense play better? is he an offensive genius is he gonna start calling plays ? I fully expect the offense to completely sputter against the Bills once again. Why would anyone expect anything different because of this?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

I see either Mike Ruttenberg (LBer's coach) or Aaron Whitecotton (D-Line coach) taking over as Interim Defensive Coordinator.

Tony Oden (Senior Defensive Assistant/CB's) would be my dark horse candidate for interim DC.

I think either one is quite capable.

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Who said anything about thinking the Jets would do the right thing? Just pointing out that firing Saleh is meaningless right now. Hackett and Carter are still in place. No one should care what Aaron Rodgers thinks.

Not meaningless. Team showed up every week looking totally unprepared spare Pats (who are terrible). You can't spot 10+ point leads to opposing teams every week and play catch up. Need to show some urgency instead of having another dozen games of giving up. Besides Saleh can now go play Pebble Beach and St. Andrews. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:
Just talked to Robert Saleh who said was blindsided by Woody Johnson walking to his office and letting him go. Certainly disappointed he wasn’t going to be given the opportunity to get things going with what he said is a very good roster

Ironic

Another instance of Saleh being unprepared, having no clue what was coming

• Haha 4