Woody speaks (begs Reddick to report)

He really thinks that we are supposed to believe that he didn’t give his Hall of Fame QB a heads up that he was going to fire the head coach? Especially when they spoke the day prior?

This team is a clown show.

• Upvote 2

The change will bring "energy and positivity" per Woody.   That's the reason he hired Saleh.  Not for how he handles and motivates a wide range of players.  Not for his coaching ability or ability to out scheme the opposition.  Energy and Positivity.  Those are the only two things Saleh brought to the team.  

He's making the change to double down on energy and positivity.  

Woody is a boob.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The change will bring "energy and positivity" per Woody.   That's the reason he hired Saleh.  Not for how he handles and motivates a wide range of players.  Not for his coaching ability or ability to out scheme the opposition.  Energy and Positivity.  Those are the only two things Saleh brought to the team.  

He's making the change to double down on energy and positivity.  

Woody is a boob.

"Those changes we have to make on offense we're going to make on offense."

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

You guys realize this means Joe Douglas is getting an extension right?

ha ha but actually the implication I think, is the opposite.  Excluding Douglas is a very loud message and his ass is definitely on the line but gets the luxury of being able to change that the rest of the season.

8 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

So the problems are all offense and we fixed that by firing the defensive head coach and not the OC?

And we need more positivity? Lmao

Woody is an absolute clown. This team and regime is an absolute clown show.

It sounds like Hackett is getting let go too. Saleh was on borrowed time. The stair running, the skipping the combine, the ridiculous commercial, we’ll keep doing what we’re doing, nothing part of football, and most importantly not winning- a change had to happen at the top. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Trotter said:

What I take reading between lines

Woody wanted to fire saleh in the off-season jd convinced him not to

woody wanted to fire saleh after this past weekend jd was not in agreement so wiody fave him the old f u and did it anyway

explains why no jd in the room or speaking

jd could be gone soon but in no way is he the gm next year

lol you posted this after I started making the one right above saying the exact opposite

:beer_Orcish:

10 minutes ago, Trotter said:

What I take reading between lines

Woody wanted to fire saleh in the off-season jd convinced him not to

woody wanted to fire saleh after this past weekend jd was not in agreement so wiody fave him the old f u and did it anyway

explains why no jd in the room or speaking

jd could be gone soon but in no way is he the gm next year

much harder to replace the GM mid season. It's a bigger job...

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Implied in Woody's comments: Joe Douglas is safe.

Shielded Douglas from getting his hands dirty + massaged his big bald head over how talented he thinks the roster is + lends an effort to get Reddick in.

If it was otherwise, he may as well have canned Douglas at the same time, seeing how the only lingering GM moves left are a potential Adams trade and getting Reddick to show up. The former is in play because of Rodgers not Douglas, and the latter was already unresolved for 6 months and counting with Douglas at the helm, so it's not like Douglas is of singular importance in terms of those two players suiting up for the Jets. Other than that... what's the other big move that an interim GM really couldn't handle? So it's just a guess but Douglas seems safe. 

Then again I thought Saleh would just tread water for the rest of the season, so there's that. 

Safe for the season.  I think he's out if we don't make the playoffs though.  

• Upvote 2