Woody speaks (begs Reddick to report)

42 minutes ago, Trotter said:

What I take reading between lines

Woody wanted to fire saleh in the off-season jd convinced him not to

woody wanted to fire saleh after this past weekend jd was not in agreement so wiody fave him the old f u and did it anyway

explains why no jd in the room or speaking

jd could be gone soon but in no way is he the gm next year

If his name was Bob Smith, he would have been fired yesterday.... take a moment...

• More Ugh 1

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

That’s interesting because all I’ve heard/read is all the love Bobby had for the players and all the love each player had for each other.  Frankly I don’t have much doubt Bobby wasn’t “loved” by the players, and not just Rodgers.

I think you can be loved by the players while also not having their respect.

I think Saleh seems like a great guy, good father and he can definitely coach the defensive side of the ball.  Unfortunately I also think he isnt a good head coach and thats why he got fired - both things can be true.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Jetstream said:

Part of me thinks Saleh is relieved to be done... I think he was in over his head... when he was hired we all thought it was great the passion he showed on the side line, but then we found that was about all he brought to the table... no real coaching in game...no real discipline... those are the things that need to change... 

I agree. I think he’s been checked-out since Matt LaFleur was let go. He has looked and acted like a beaten dog for a couple years. No amount of fake positivity and cliche motivational poster quotes will ever out-weigh the impact of having a disgruntled employee in the top seat. It permeates everything.

I honestly think he’s been sabotaging the situation, maybe subconsciously.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I agree. I think he’s been checked-out since Matt LaFleur was let go. He has looked and acted like a beaten dog for a couple years. No amount of fake positivity and cliche motivational poster quotes will ever out-weigh the impact of having a disgruntled employee in the top seat. It permeates everything.

Very insightful. 

52 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is the most laughable thing that has ever came out of Woodys mouth.  Firing Ssleh was the only thing these 2 talking about Monday night.

Ok so he lied. He doesn't have to reveal the intimae details of conversations with players

Bottom line is that the end result is the Jets are better for it

56 minutes ago, Jetty said:

He really thinks that we are supposed to believe that he didn’t give his Hall of Fame QB a heads up that he was going to fire the head coach? Especially when they spoke the day prior?

This team is a clown show.

Cmon man , he said they spoke last night , just not about this …why is that so hard to believe ? lol 

40 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What an indictment that Saleh “positive vibes only” was replaced to bring more positivity to the team. Like I said, forced positivity becomes toxic every time. You could see it in the media responses. You could see it in the quiet quitting performances. 

This was a good decision. 

Childish and pitiful. Positive Vibes Only 🙄 cookie cutter motivational speaker hucksterism

Right or wrong woody said f it and made a decision to put an end to the nonsense being spewed by saleh

while I have not read every thread and every post I think about 90% of them wanted exactly this

we should be happy and hopefully this turns it around 

54 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The change will bring "energy and positivity" per Woody.   That's the reason he hired Saleh.  Not for how he handles and motivates a wide range of players.  Not for his coaching ability or ability to out scheme the opposition.  Energy and Positivity.  Those are the only two things Saleh brought to the team.  

He's making the change to double down on energy and positivity.  

Woody is a boob.

Maybe on day 1 when he was hired Saleh had energy.

Saleh has looked like a shell of himself since Rodgers Achilles buckled a year ago on national TV.

Is it any wonder Breece and Sauce look completely disengaged?

They are taking on the aura of their HC who looks like totally whipped all the time.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetty said:

He really thinks that we are supposed to believe that he didn’t give his Hall of Fame QB a heads up that he was going to fire the head coach? Especially when they spoke the day prior?

This team is a clown show.

Firing an awful coach and talking to an important player about it before is the right thing to do...they've done clown show stuff.....this isnt it

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

Firing an awful coach and talking to an important player about it before is the right thing to do...they've done clown show stuff.....this isnt it

Yes if things are gonna work this year, it’s with Rodgers.

Tyrod Taylor ain’t winning a division much less a Super Bowl.

They have no choice but to go all in now.

They can move on from Aaron after the season if they choose.

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I knew it was over last season when he spent time in the presser talking about how he had researched head coach failure statistics when forced to start a backup QB

The man has been preoccupied with public perception more than doing his job and that’s the death knell for any head coach 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Cmon man , he said they spoke last night , just not about this …why is that so hard to believe ? lol 

They were talking about doing a few trips together to the pyramids and maybe dropping a couple of tabs of acid on the flight over. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I knew it was over last season when he spent time in the presser talking about how he had researched head coach failure statistics when forced to start a backup QB

The man has been preoccupied with public perception more than doing his job and that’s the death knell for any head coach 

Absolute loser behavior. Also didnt he have tshirts made up for the team 2 years ago that said "Now What" like more cheap fraud childish nonsense

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

The change will bring "energy and positivity" per Woody.   That's the reason he hired Saleh.  Not for how he handles and motivates a wide range of players.  Not for his coaching ability or ability to out scheme the opposition.  Energy and Positivity.  Those are the only two things Saleh brought to the team.  

He's making the change to double down on energy and positivity.  

Woody is a boob.

And Saleh brought the positivity for a while. 

You can see the twinkle in his eyes fade rapidly since he’s been here. It was obvious Saleh couldn’t sell his positivity schtick towards the end because he didn’t believe it himself. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

It sounds like Hackett is getting let go too. Saleh was on borrowed time. The stair running, the skipping the combine, the ridiculous commercial, we’ll keep doing what we’re doing, nothing part of football, and most importantly not winning- a change had to happen at the top. 

Saleh quiet quit after the Beningo incident last year, and Woody is so dumb that he was the only person who didn't notice it.

Things didn't have to be this way.

You gotta imagine that Ulbrich has been around long enough to know that when you get a chance you have to go all in to capitalize. I think once the emotion of the day wears off, he says all the pleasantries about RS, and all the vague comments about possible changes, etc. he'll either have a confidant or come to the conclusion himself that what the team needs is a significant change on offense...and neuter Hackett. 

If he doesn't see that then you have to questions just what in the world is happening over there. And consider Ulbrich to be a puppet.

Give one of the one guys the opportunity of a lifetime, rely upon ARod to support that puppy, keep Hackett around for Rogers sake...and start to bring some creativity and balls to the offense.

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Saleh quiet quit after the Beningo incident last year, and Woody is so dumb that he was the only person who didn't notice it.

Things didn't have to be this way.

Week 2 of 2023 on I will concede Saleh definitely seemed disinterested.  Third year in a row he had Zach forced on him — that will break any coach.