Saleh Was Considering Firing Hackett

The jets had a good young array of talent, team was really looking up and then they panicked and went all in on Rodgers which has been to this point a 100% disaster.

They sold out the whole team for rodgers, this is why i was always the derrik carr guy because if he did not work out then fine move on to the next QB.  But with rodgers if has affected all ears of this team.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

why post this as if it were a proven fact?  Just a twitter rumor.  How about new title: Rumor: Saleh was considering.....

And "considering" firing him?  Considering?  Really?  How would he know that?  Did Saleh give him a call and ask for his advice?  This screams of total bullshttz to me.  "Considering"  Lol.

It's from CBS sports. How is it a twitter rumor? I get the author is a hillbilly from NC but, huh?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I mean it's so very clear that Aaron Rodgers has a lot of say behind the scenes.

Would anyone be surprised if Saleh wanted to fire Rodgers buddy and instead he's the one gone? Even though the offense is the problem?

Circus in full swing.

They both should be gone and Rodgers needs to start playing good football or get benched.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He said he wasn't even considering taking play-calling duties away yesterday. 

Seems like this is probably coming from Saleh's camp. 

Seems like BS he didn’t hesitate when asked if demoting Hackett was a decision. He quickly said no.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Dcat said:

tweet was total bullshizt.  "Considering" firing him....  yeah like he knew what Saleh was thinking as he went to bed.  You are watching the Saleh PR attempts to salvage his image right there.  Bob Saleh couldn't fire anyone.

again, not sure why you're calling this a twitter rumor or BS tweet. It's from a CBS Sports reporter.

Jonathan Jones joined CBS Sports in November 2019 as a senior NFL reporter and insider. A proud University of North Carolina graduate, he previously covered the Carolina Panthers for the Charlotte Observer before becoming a national NFL writer at Sports Illustrated.

I demand an official apology in hand writing on fancy paper with a calligraphy pen.

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The jets had a good young array of talent, team was really looking up and then they panicked and went all in on Rodgers which has been to this point a 100% disaster.

They sold out the whole team for rodgers, this is why i was always the derrik carr guy because if he did not work out then fine move on to the next QB.  But with rodgers if has affected all ears of this team.

What’s the difference

you’d be locked into a longer contract with Carr

literally the same thing 

44 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Saleh gets sh*tcanned and within 20 minutes, he's talking to every one of his media buddies to get his story out there... instead of reflecting on his failings the last 3+ years.

Perfect ending for the guy. No accountability, politicking and sending out his PVO crap. 

GTFO, Bob. 

3rd rate motivational speaker

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Saleh gets sh*tcanned and within 20 minutes, he's talking to every one of his media buddies to get his story out there... instead of reflecting on his failings the last 3+ years.

Perfect ending for the guy. No accountability, politicking and sending out his PVO crap. 

GTFO, Bob. 

This is good for us.  Maybe we will start hearing the truth about some of the sh*t we have been speculating on for years.  There has to be plenty to the LaFleur thing.  Did they really want to dump him and just picked Hackett to go after Rodgers, or did they dump him to go after Rodgers?  Spill it about the sh*tty draft picks.  Saleh will sure disavow Wilson, but where will he place the blame?  Was it really to get discount plane tickets like @Matt39 says?

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This was a power play by rodgers.  He wanted full control and now he has it.  He will boss his puppet Ulbrich around as much as he wants.

How will this end?  I think in flames.  

Does the "inmates running the asylum" ever work?

You’re pegging Ulbrich as yes man, in what might be, his initial, and perhaps only shot as a head coach.

Not sure he’ll put that effort on display.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This was a power play by rodgers.  He wanted full control and now he has it.  He will boss his puppet Ulbrich around as much as he wants.

How will this end?  I think in flames.  

Does the "inmates running the asylum" ever work?

Defcon = ?

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Saleh may be a bad coach.  The question now is Aaron Rodgers coaching this team through Jeff ulbrich any better then saleh?

It ulbrich falls into the trap of believing Rodgers and not the HC is in charge, he will fail. No HC can cede his mantle of leadership over the whole team to his QB.

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I'm sure this is the story Saleh wants out there.

He literally said "no" yesterday when asked if he was even "considering" a change at offensive playcaller.

yeah, but people going to ignore facts like that to support their own narrative.  Like politics.  IMO, and ONLY an opinion mind you, this is Saleh making stuff up in a scramble to defeat the humiliation of it all.  But what do I know?  Sure doesn't pass a smell test.  Smells like septic clog at Florham Park.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It ulbrich falls into the trap of believing Rodgers and not the HC is in charge, he will fail. No HC can cede his mantle of leadership over the whole team to his QB.

Heathen. How dare you speak against His Majesty. He can be QB, HC, OC, Narrator, Lead Scientist, Motivational Stair Runner and whatever else he wants and he will be the best at all of those things.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

“Saleh Was Considering Firing Hackett”

Lets be honest.  That was probably code for “I’m thinking about playing 72 holes tomorrow”. 

Is the rest of Saleh contract guaranteed?  He gets to be DC somewhere next season playing for an owner with a clue double dipping in salary while watching the jets stink again in 2025.

5C1E9B16-09B8-434A-A92C-1B19C41C6743.thumb.jpeg.733b910466ee761c677c529633ffaf11.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Is the rest of Saleh contract guaranteed?  He gets to be DC somewhere next season playing for an owner with a clue double dipping in salary while watching the jets stink again in 2025.

5C1E9B16-09B8-434A-A92C-1B19C41C6743.thumb.jpeg.733b910466ee761c677c529633ffaf11.jpeg

this was the last year of his contract