Hackett stripped of playcalling duties

This is obviously a step in the right direction, but my question now is if Hackett isn't calling the plays, what is it that he will be doing? We already know he's not a "detail" guy. Will he be assuming Saleh's cheerleading duties? T-shirt development?

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Hopefully nothing.

id really like to hear a conversation between hackett and rodgers.  if hackett is so inept and that seems to be the case, what does rodgers like about him ??? does hackett keep him settled as a grrom does for a race horse ??? not meaning that as a smart ass comment.  is rodgers so temperamental that he needs a personal support attendant to help keep him on level ???

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

This is obviously a step in the right direction, but my question now is if Hackett isn't calling the plays, what is it that he will be doing? We already know he's not a "detail" guy. Will he be assuming Saleh's cheerleading duties? T-shirt development?

This is what he did in GB when Rodgers won MVPs

The truth of the matter may just be he’s a good offensive mind, but he just can’t call plays

36 minutes ago, varjet said:

It just seems like another kick in the groin for Hackett

Ok but beating Buffalo is more important than the condition of Hackett’s groin 🤣

He seems like a good natured guy who isn’t a threat to sabotage anything or be bitter and go rogue  

So keeping him around is fine as Rodgers has a comfort level with him

I thought Sean Payton’s attacks were so uncalled for and over the top, and by contrast today, Ulbrich handled the announcement with grace and did what he could to protect Hackett’s dignity

Why Saleh didn’t make this move a long time ago though or go a step further and add a real offensive guru to the coaching staff during the 7 month offseason is beyond comprehension…

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

He'll be parking cars, fetching Woody's coffee and donuts. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, slats said:

Reportedly, Saleh had made the exact same move before he learned he was fired. 

Most likely meaning Saleh was fired on his own merits and NOT just because he tried to demote a guy they ultimately kept demoted.

Was the entire thing sloppy?  Hell yes!  And where’s JD?

Did Rodgers likely have input?  Don’t most franchise type QBs?

Am I happy to see Saleh go?  I wish him the best but believe this makes the team better.  He lacked so many things as a leader and sometimes teams need a change.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, slats said:

Reportedly, Saleh had made the exact same move before he learned he was fired. 

I would really like to know for sure what went down.

1. Woody was pissed and became reactionary.  Decided that he wanted a change and saw the HC as the head to chop simply because he was the guy in overall charge.  No one was in his ear. 

2. Saleh wanted to demote Hackett and Rodgers got worked up and called Woody.  Woody fired Saleh.  Given that Hackett was just stripped down, this only makes sense if Ulbrich told Rodgers to deal with it and STUF or take a seat in back of Tyrod.

The more I look at it from all angles and possible plots, the mostly likely is that Woody got fed up and saw Saleh as the one that was most responsible for the team underperforming. 

As far as Hackett... I don't think Rodgers cares about what Hackett does as long as he is there for Rodgers to use as a sounding board.  He wants to have his fried there for support.