Jets allowing Reddick to seek a trade

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

We will NOT be trading your ass NO MATTER WHAT!!!

SPONGEBOB-A FEW MOMENTS LATER HD 3 SECOND VIDEO

We are open to trading you once we see you aint bullsheeting

But I thought Joe Douglas was honest and pure of heart and Reddick was the big, dirty liar who deserves to rot.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I'm not sure about that.  The Lions lost Aidan Hutchinson.

Yep, there are plenty of teams that could use an edge rusher. Whether they will pay him and he will play is obviously the issue.

8 minutes ago, Trotter said:

trade him to the seahawks for sam howell

throw in clemons to make it happen

Howell is intriguing...Lots of picks last year, but played real well at times.  I had hoped we picked him up to sit behind Rodgers over Taylor.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Contracts are sacred.  What happened to Saleh who was under contract?

I am sure it included clauses relating to how early termination is handled.  Same as nonperformance.  Both sides signed so I am sure there is no issue.

5 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I am sure it included clauses relating to how early termination is handled.  Same as nonperformance.  Both sides signed so I am sure there is no issue.

Yup Saleh will get paid to not coach.  

48 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Watch him play for someone else on his current contract lol

At this point he actually might just to "stick it" to the Jets. Guy seems more driven by pride/saving face than economic rationality.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Sounds like the first step in Reddick reporting, IMO. 

Step 1. Make offer that Reddick denies

Step 2. OK Hassaan - go get better. Nothing better out there

Step 3. Reddick accepts Jets deal from August

I can definitely see this. But also, I could see a team like the Lions maybe coming up with an offer/contract with Hutchinson gone for the season. The fact that this news breaks at the same time news breaks that a guy with a large salary has just been traded for is also maybe not a coincidence. If Reddick reports now, the Jets would have to create some new cap space for him. 

Just now, slats said:

I can definitely see this. But also, I could see a team like the Lions maybe coming up with an offer/contract with Hutchinson gone for the season. The fact that this news breaks at the same time news breaks that a guy with a large salary has just been traded for is also maybe not a coincidence. If Reddick reports now, the Jets would have to create some new cap space for him. 

Honestly I hope so. Reddick did himself no favors in the way he handled everything. Not sure I want him anywhere near a young defensive roster with his garbage

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slats said:

maybe. if he gets traded the Jets should try to trade for Panthers DE J. Clowney. They need to upgrade Clemons who is a liability at DE.

• Upvote 3