Adams traded to Jets

23 minutes ago, GangGreeninBetween said:

This makes me feel so conflicted, obviously Adams is an awesome player back with Rodgers now, but damn what did they give up and sitting at 2-4...is it even worth it at this point? I guess they feel they can still make a run.

In this AFC and the way it's playing the Jets could lose 4 more games and still make the playoffs. The season is far from over and the schedule gets much easier from here. 

• Upvote 4

This is a dumb fking move.  We have a faint chance of a wild card spot as of now and nothing more yet we keep mortaging the future.  ......and I mean faint! 

I've never gone along with all the Woody is at fault I hear so often but this had his fingerprints all over it.   

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Woody doubling down because he needs Rodgers to work. It's not going to work and we're starting over next year with less draft capital and more cap issues.

It was obvious this was going to happen the moment they overpaid for Rodgers. They're on a gigantic slippery slope to oblivion. Getting Rodgers created a big, delusional "win-now" mandate for the entire franchise. And when we say "win-now," that's with a capital NOW. They have to win this year. So one stupid move begets another and another and another in an attempt to get on the right track. Except they never will, because their moves aren't born out of intelligence -- they're born out of desperation.

How can anyone think this is going to work? It's insanity.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Woody doubling down because he needs Rodgers to work. It's not going to work and we're starting over next year with less draft capital and more cap issues.

So what? No difference than the last 13 years. At some point we are all going to die and it won’t matter.

At this point, why even believe this works...they haven't played in a competitive game together in years...how many times do we hear next week  or the week after after a route is run short or wrong that, "oh...they need time to re-acclimate to each other."...By then where are we record wise.

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Regardless of whether it works they should absolutely be taking their shot this year IMO. Go for it, don't give up. Looks bleak at 2-4 but not insurmountable. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Rochester Jets said:

Also, I would've been happier to see that Reddick finally ended his holdout today versus trading for Adams today.  The D-line is a much bigger problem than WR, IMO.  But, Woody gonna Woody.

Imagine doing multiple things at once

4 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

This is a dumb fking move.  We have a faint chance of a wild card spot as of now and nothing more yet we keep mortaging the future.  ......and I mean faint! 

I've never gone along with all the Woody is at fault I hear so often but this had his fingerprints all over it.   

A conditional 3rd is not mortgaging the future 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'm as pessimistic as they come, but if this move doesn't even excite you a little bit, why are you still watching the games?

I don’t get it

Once Rodgers is gone, I might be at the breaking point of just not caring anymore anyway.

I’m pushing 60 and if Rodgers doesn’t get it done, I don’t know if I can take another total rebuild. Especially when this team has never once shown us that they’re capable of developing a young QB.

I used to be all about hoarding draft assets. Now I really couldn’t care less.

The Jets now have the most talented WR corps in the league. Now if they can come up with a bandaid solution for Reddick, we could have a real chance at turning the season around.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I don't give a flying fk how much the ambASSador has to pay.  Anyone complaining about this trade should punch themselves in the dick. 

This team is definitely no worse than 4-2 with Davante and are about to get back into this. 

No Way Wow GIF by Adele Morse - Stoned Fox Official

4 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

What future? Lol.

• Haha 3

Two other thoughts. First is Adams getting traded to the Jets cements Rodgers coming back next year. Second is I would NOT trade Mike Williams. Line up in a 4 WR set of Adams, Wilson, Lazard, Williams. That is a matchup nightmare

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

I don't give a flying fk how much the ambASSador has to pay.  Anyone complaining about this trade should punch themselves in the dick. 

This team is definitely no worse than 4-2 with Davante and are about to get back into this. 

I do that metaphorically every week watching this team...

1 minute ago, thebuzzardman said:

The only positive to the trade is that it irritates that Raiderholic idiot. 

Other than that, leave it to the Jets to give up future assets when the season is already lost.

Zero f*cks to give otherwise.

What you mean ?!??

sUpErBoWl bRuH!!!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jolot said:

What happens when Rodgers doesn’t make it out of the Steelers game alive ? This is going to be the shortest reunion ever . 

Since we Have the best backup in the league ( Taylor ) won’t need him, like we needed him last yr when jets had the worst backup in the league ( Zach Wilson) .

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Two other thoughts. First is Adams getting traded to the Jets cements Rodgers coming back next year. Second is I would NOT trade Mike Williams. Line up in a 4 WR set of Adams, Wilson, Lazard, Williams. That is a matchup nightmare

Dude have we been watching the same rodgers ???? 

Another year dude will rodgers make it through another game ?

• Haha 1

][emoji[emoji6]]" timestamp="[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6]" name="kdels[emoji6]" userid="[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]"] People complaining because they’re worried a rd round pick will set the franchise back are insane. The point is to win.

Our rd this year can’t even sniff the field