**Official Ladainian Tomlinson Thread** [Merged]

dolphann4life

Should we sign LT?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should we sign LT?

• Yes, he would fit in nicely as a complementary back
    • No, he's finished.
    • I don't care one way or the other.

This tells me that Leon is out of here for a 4th or 5th round pick. No one is giving up a 2nd in this draft for Washington.

Not even Al Davis is that stupid

I doubt the jets feel they need a low round pick that bad that they would give up Leon for one.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
never gonna happen. for a 2nd maybe...no way will they give him away for a 4th or 5th. having a 3-headed attack of greene, washington, tomlinson is a great thing to have

I think he's gone for a 3rd or better before the draft, or maybe a 4th and a conditional 2011 pick or something, but I definitely think he's out of here. He's on the block, and Tanny's taking the best offer, IMHO.

Yes>>>

I like this.

:cheers:

+1. And I have no expectations that LT is the elite player he once was. But he IS BETTER than TJ. Blocking, catching, running, scoring. Althogh the one thing I can't speak to is locker room stability. Jones was a true leader. How this move translates not sure. Anyway I like this signing ALOT!!!

I doubt the jets feel they need a low round pick that bad that they would give up Leon for one.

Either they get something for him this year, or they have to decide between paying a 29 y/o Leon next year or getting nothing in return for him. I think they'll have enough going on contract-wise (like Braylon), that they won't be interested in paying him then.

Better to get something now. I know it's cold, but it's business. Chargers should've traded LT two years ago, too.

never gonna happen. for a 2nd maybe...no way will they give him away for a 4th or 5th. having a 3-headed attack of greene, washington, tomlinson is a great thing to have

I think they split the difference and take a 3rd.

You only have one ball on third down. Leon wants to be paid. He has no compelling reason to play until the week 10.

Rex handled no expectations. Now, he has to handle success and appease players that want more. More money. More playing time.

TWO YEAR DEAL = BACKUP

This is a good deal for the Jets. He's coming in as a backup for backup money. I really can't understand how anyone is against this deal.

Greene is the unquestioned starter. Leon and LT are the backups. The Jets can still draft a RB late.

Too bad thats not the L.T were getting.

fastforward to 1:00. you can see that, while he's not the elite LT he used ot be he still has much better speed than TJ. this is an upgrade and there's no dount. you get LT receiving oout of the backfield and put him in space and he's still got decent speed. behind thisd o-line i think he's gonna have a decent year.

U6e8YkR2Y-8

Oh come on now - this isn't a Favre signing. Just who is going to buy a PSL because the Jets signed an old LT who will be BACKING up Greene. No one in their right mind.

Not a Favre move no, but the Jets could just as easily drafted a running back instead of signing LT(who is done imo)

Big name to try to put some poor rear ends in seats

I think they split the difference and take a 3rd.

You only have one ball on third down. Leon wants to be paid. He has no compelling reason to play until the week 10.

Rex handled no expectations. Now, he has to handle success and appease players that want more. More money. More playing time.

i honestly think that IF they do trade leon now it's gonna be in a package for marshall.

In this article (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6315047/20461363?tag=headlines;headlines), Prisco rips Jets move for LT.

He says:

"That's about what the Jets are getting in Tomlinson: A back who can't get through the holes anymore. Martin retired when he knew it was over. Tomlinson plays on. But if the Jets are willing to give him a two-year deal, why shouldn't he?"

"Tomlinson averaged 3.6 yards per rush last season. If you watched him play, you know it's over for him. When the skills of backs go, they go fast. There's no in-between."

"But, hey, give the Jets this much: They have added a name people know. For whatever that's worth."

I did some researching and also found some hypocrisy from the moronic CBS sportsline reporter, who had this to say about the Pats acquiring Fred Taylor in this article (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11435725):

"Taylor and the Patriots are a perfect fit."

"Maybe a Hall of Fame fit"

"Adding Taylor is another brilliant move by the Patriots' brass, which is really coach Bill Belichick."

"When Brady returns -- and reports are he's fine -- Taylor will love playing in that offense. It's Taylor-made for him"

Fred Taylor rushed for a whopping 269 yards in 6 games in 2009.

Pete Prisco, proves once again that he doesn't know ****.

i honestly think that IF they do trade leon now it's gonna be in a package for marshall.

If the Jets are indeed considering trading Leon, the only reason I would see is that they don't think he will be the same player he was before the injury. If they trade him for anything, that will be the reason.

Tanny and Rex see Leon frequently in the offseason ... We don't.

I hope Leon is the "old" Leon, but I'll trust their judgement on this one.

"Tomlinson averaged 3.6 yards per rush last season. If you watched him play, you know it's over for him. When the skills of backs go, they go fast. There's no in-between."

What a tool Prisco is. Geez! Tomlinson rushed for 3.3 yards/rush last year.

fastforward to 1:00. you can see that, while he's not the elite LT he used ot be he still has much better speed than TJ. this is an upgrade and there's no dount. you get LT receiving oout of the backfield and put him in space and he's still got decent speed. behind thisd o-line i think he's gonna have a decent year.

U6e8YkR2Y-8

IMO, he's better then T.J in terms of catching the ball and I'll admit he's still elusive I'm jsut not crazy about it. For one, like Favre I feel dirty taking another teams savior. He's always going to be a Charger and he we are bending over taking sloppy seconds AGAIN!!

Ugh!!, wheres our L.T flaming the league for 10 years?.. where's our Brett Favre? I'm tired of this. Can't you just see it now? the hype surrounding Training camp?, the endless articles? the L.T show?.. ugh!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mind the pick up I'm just tired of other teams handmedowns.

Not a Favre move no, but the Jets could just as easily drafted a running back instead of signing LT(who is done imo)

Big name to try to put some poor rear ends in seats

Tanny may still draft a RB, who knows?

I highly doubt Woody ordered Tanny to get LT (as a backup) on the very unlikely possibility of selling PSL's. Now if you said Woody ordered Tanny to go after Marshall to sell PSL's, you'd have a stronger case.

Brett Favre version 2.0

Sell those PSLs.

Thomas Jones was a very good Jet, but I guess if I have to choose between two 30+ year old fading RB's that are going to get over-paid in an uncapped year... I'd choose the 30+ year old RB that was once considered one of the best the game ever saw... and not the one that runs into his blockers and goes down on first contact.

Now... we need to make damn sure Tony Richardson is a Jet next season, as well as Leon Washington.

TWO YEAR DEAL = BACKUP

This is a good deal for the Jets. He's coming in as a backup for backup money. I really can't understand how anyone is against this deal.

Greene is the unquestioned starter. Leon and LT are the backups. The Jets can still draft a RB late.

Agreed. The Jets are getting a more versatile player for two years than they would've had in Jones for one. I honestly don't think the Jets were in the least bit worried about the running game going into this season, but this move creates a greater threat out of the backfield for Sanchez, and next year will be the beginning of an on-going process of making this Sanchez's team.

No way dude

LT has tread....Watch TJ behind that sh1t line in KC....won't get 1000

Yeah time will tell but the case that Jone just made is a good one. The Jets needed a big time backup option because Greene hasn't proven he can stay healthy.

Done.

Brett Favre version 2.0

Sell those PSLs.

Thomas Jones was a very good Jet, but I guess if I have to choose between two 30+ year old fading RB's that are going to get over-paid in an uncapped year... I'd choose the 30+ year old RB that was once considered one of the best the game ever saw... and not the one that runs into his blockers and goes down on first contact.

Now... we need to make damn sure Tony Richardson is a Jet next season, as well as Leon Washington.

Im not a huge Jones fan, but he was much better than LT was last season regardless of line play.

He did have some big runs and was excellent at the goal line. At this point of their careers, Jones runs harder and is the better back imo.

The Jets should have just drafted a running back, now they have to give out legacy carries to a washed up LT. I hope he proves me wrong, but there is nothing worse than forcing carries to a guy that just doesnt have it.

LOL, yeah. Ok. Whatever. He's younger and better than Jones. It was an upgrade. If there is nothing left in the tank so be it. We'll find out next year for sure. Still a gutsy move by the Jets FO. I like the move a lot. LT backing up Greene and rotating with Leon makes me happy to think about.

IMO, he's better then T.J in terms of catching the ball and I'll admit he's still elusive I'm jsut not crazy about it. For one, like Favre I feel dirty taking another teams savior. He's always going to be a Charger and he we are bending over taking sloppy seconds AGAIN!!

Ugh!!, wheres our L.T flaming the league for 10 years?.. where's our Brett Favre? I'm tired of this. Can't you just see it now? the hype surrounding Training camp?, the endless articles? the L.T show?.. ugh!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mind the pick up I'm just tired of other teams handmedowns.

well so far we have a bonafide star in revis...he's ours and he's the best in the league at his position. we have 2 potentials in sanchez and greene. keep the faith....unfortunately it's been pretty dark times injets land for along time. but i honestly think i feel the sun starting to break through the clouds.

Archived