Mangini To Replace Harbaugh In SF?

TuscanyTile2

I don't want to post it out of respect for their "insider" info but I don't mind saying that Mangini was mentioned as a possible replacement for Harbaugh in SF.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11998246/jim-harbaugh-rex-ryan-tom-coughlin-coaches-hot-seat-nfl

You could at least post the excerpt mentioning Mangini. Is he a serious candidate, or just one name in a long list?

I don't want to post it out of respect for their "insider" info but I don't mind saying that Mangini was mentioned as a possible replacement for Harbaugh in SF.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11998246/jim-harbaugh-rex-ryan-tom-coughlin-coaches-hot-seat-nfl

And I think he will do a good job. His problem here was the media. They couldn't get past his "little Bill" monotone press conferences and they roasted him for it. I think Mangini did a fairly good job until he got desperate in 2008 and went with Favre and drafted Gholston instead of Joe Flacco.

And I think he will do a good job. His problem here was the media. They couldn't get past his "little Bill" monotone press conferences and they roasted him for it. I think Mangini did a fairly good job until he got desperate in 2008 and went with Favre and drafted Gholston instead of Joe Flacco.

Yes... he was a sh*tty coach because of the media. :hand:

Mangini was atrocious as a head coach. He won in his first year with Herm's team, and the inevitable bounce from that bumbler. He was 4-12 in his second season, and the only success he had was with Brett Favre. But as soon as Brett's arm got hurt, the rest of the team quit on Mangini as they had the year before.

Going from Harbaugh to Mangini would be such an epic mistake that I'd love to see it. The 49ers might win four games next year. Maybe.

How did he do in Cleveland? Was the media evil there too?

When I go to the money machine tonight, I ain't looking over my back for the media.

He was too young and too much of an arrogant douche when he coached here. Kind of like McDaniels in Denver. Don't act like BB unless you've earned the right to do so. His big mistake was jumping right into the hopeless Cleveland job immediately. Didn't have time to reflect on what went wrong and grow as a coach and leader of men.

If he does end up back in a head job, I think the team he ends up with will be very fortunate. Guy knows his X's and O's and I have to believe he's matured a ton in the last decade. Plus, he drafted most of the guys that Rex won with. Remember when it was "Tangini"? I always thought it was funny how it became just Tannenbaum after Eric got sh*tcanned. I'd trust Mangini's talent evaluation skills over Tanny, Rex, and Idzik for sure. ****, bring him back here.

No it wasn't, his problem here was that he wasn't any good. 

There's going to be a lot of HC openings after this season. I wouldn't be stunned if Mangini got one

If there were a list of the 75 top available choices based on coaching, personnel evaluation and communication ability, that dope Mangini would be 76

It was also that he treated players badly.It's a long season, and if every day your bos is an a55hole you get worn down to a nub. It's understandable that a lot of these guys are overgrown children and need to be given a strong piece of guidance. But you piss off a student of the game like Revis there is a problem. Being a total players' guy may not work either but being the Angry Guy 24/7 leaves you with a spent team in December.

It was also that he treated players badly.It's a long season, and if every day your bos is an a55hole you get worn down to a nub. It's understandable that a lot of these guys are overgrown children and need to be given a strong piece of guidance. But you piss off a student of the game like Revis there is a problem. Being a total players' guy may not work either but being the Angry Guy 24/7 leaves you with a spent team in December.

Pete Kendall fiasco

Mangini was atrocious as a head coach. He won in his first year with Herm's team, and the inevitable bounce from that bumbler. He was 4-12 in his second season, and the only success he had was with Brett Favre. But as soon as Brett's arm got hurt, the rest of the team quit on Mangini as they had the year before.

Going from Harbaugh to Mangini would be such an epic mistake that I'd love to see it. The 49ers might win four games next year. Maybe.

not here to stick up for Mangini as a HC but this is ridiculous. to think a team heading into the playoffs quit on a HC because its QB was injured is reaching a new level of hatred Slats ...If you want to make your poiunt on mangini do it with some facts like he was not really liked much as a HC and he didn't have a good grasp on how to use the personnel he put together . He IMHO was a good personnel guy just failed at using them to their strengths

If that happens and Mangini win's say two games in a row be prepared for a deluge of "i told ya how great he really was" and "what a great mistake it was to let him go" posts.

Just like it happened with Sanchez.

Mangini has more of a GM make up than a HC make up

Archived