Antonio Cromartie on Jets return: ‘I didn‘t want to leave’

Jetfan13

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes second guessing is  always cool- but Cro was awful his previous year maybe because of injury but that is a fact

Even though he had a rough 2013, it would have been a no brainer to bring him back at $3MM for last year, esp when there were no experienced CB's on the roster at the time he signed with AZ.

No incorrect, this is the epitome of a hindsight post.  He was sheer and utter garbage the year before,  Here is a list of scoring plays the jets gave up two years ago.

72, 48, 31, 28, 61, 34, 43, 51, 53,77,33,39.  Those are td scoring plays.  Our secondary two years ago with Cro being the lynch pin was dreadful.  There was nothing at all wrong with letting him go.  He went to Zona and to his credit got healthy or better or motivate or whatever but he stunk his last year here.

He stunk last year as well. Catching tipped passes and picking off bad throws doesn't make him a great cover corner. Every time I watched the Cards play this guy fell down at least 2-3 times per games leaving his guy wide open. Demaryius Thomas dropped 300+ yards and 3 TDs on him, that says it all. Besides, he was always banged up last year as well. Not sure who in here claimed that he's over those (hip) injuries. He's missed training sessions all year.

Not doubting you, but I don't remember the CS squawking about him.  Any links?

I read it all here on JN. I don't have links, just recollecting snippets that people posted here after we didn't resign him. At that time, it was perceived as a good move, because Rex and his crew were tired of him avoiding contact and stuff like that. Now, with hindsight, that sentiment has shifted to it being an Idzik blunder.

Cro is an upgrade over jets current situation but...

He still ain't great..far from it. He's average. We would still need lots of help if we sign him and if Cro is our BEST corner we still have problems.

Cro is above average, but I get your point. I'd sign Cro, but only after signing a younger guy in Byron Maxwell. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2015/CB

Everyone on that list. :)

I like McDougle and hope he can contribute next year.  But I wouldn't count on him for anything. He should compete for the 4th or 5th spot.

I was talking about the Jets draft.  Guy got hurt before the season started. So duh.  Pro Bowler next year if healthy. Book it.

Love it when you are so confident !

Saw the kid play at Maryland before he got injured.  We all saw how he played before he got hurt.  he most likely will result doing nothing because it's sorta hard imagining him staying healthy. But if he does stay healthy.  Kid will be great for us. 

He'll be back and at a good price. Question is who lines up across from him.

I'm not so sure I like what I'm hearing about Bowles and the blitz. Hopefully he's smarter about it. Can't take another 6 years of overload blitzes on 3rd and long that result in 30 yard gains for the offense.

I think that Bowles is much more flexible from what I can see even though he may blitz more.

That is Bowles won coordinator of the year honors this year precisely because he was extremely effective with 4 of his defensive players going down this year.

Were they as effective as they would have been with those players? The answer to that is a resounding, No! But Bowles should flexibility and adaptability to schemes so that his defense was ranked 5th in points allowed this year.

And while Rex is a fantastic defensive mind to many times he focused on minor stats to the disadvantage of the final score. Also Rex was willing to expose inferior players to unfavorable match-ups in order to maintain his defensive schemes. Something that Bowles seems to avoid

I think that Bowles is much more flexible from what I can see even though he may blitz more.

That is Bowles won coordinator of the year honors this year precisely because he was extremely effective with 4 of his defensive players going down this year.

Were they as effective as they would have been with those players? The answer to that is a resounding, No! But Bowles should flexibility and adaptability to schemes so that his defense was ranked 5th in points allowed this year.

And while Rex is a fantastic defensive mind to many times he focused on minor stats to the disadvantage of the final score. Also Rex was willing to expose inferior players to unfavorable match-ups in order to maintain his defensive schemes. Something that Bowles seems to avoid

CB you don't know that for fact players on the team said Rex changed the system because the DB's were different every week..

They're both really good defensive coaches.  But neither Rex or Bowles would be able to stop anyone's passing game with an UDFA starting at one CB spot and a college LB starting at the other.  Even with guys going down, Bowles still had Peterson and Cromartie on the back end of his defense.  That makes a huge difference.  And you better believe that Macdaddy will upgrade the CB position this offseason.  Unlike Idzik, he knows how important CBs are to his coach's scheme.

I'd love to see him return. Even at his age, he's better than ANY of the cornerbacks we have on the roster now. I wonder if Millner is going to be one of those guys whose career never gets on track because of injuries. It's just amazing how poorly the Jets have drafted the past 5 years-with trhe exception of a couple of players.

In the 6 years that fatass was here we had 40 draft picks and the only ones who aren't horrible are Wilkerson, Bilal Powell, Jerome Kerley, Quinton Coples, Richardson, and Jace Amaro. That's like a 15% rate...absolutely atrocious what a total waste of an era. At least there were two decent (but ultimately failures) seasons.

I'd love to see him return. Even at his age, he's better than ANY of the cornerbacks we have on the roster now. I wonder if Millner is going to be one of those guys whose career never gets on track because of injuries. It's just amazing how poorly the Jets have drafted the past 5 years-with trhe exception of a couple of players.

In the 6 years that fatass was here we had 40 draft picks and the only ones who aren't horrible are Wilkerson, Bilal Powell, Jerome Kerley, Quinton Coples, Richardson, and Jace Amaro. That's like a 15% rate...absolutely atrocious what a total waste of an era. At least there were two decent (but ultimately failures) seasons.

lol Jerome Kerley.

Archived