Bowles: Geno Smith looks "night and day from the spring."

For those who have heard just one Bowles press conference you know

he's very matter of fact in his comments.  He's businesslike and if he gives

a compliment he follows it up with what the player needs to work on.  This

is what he said today:

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  28 minutes ago

poop looks different in the sun versus in the moonlight

A guy who I trust a lot when it comes to judging Quarterbacks was at a few practice this week. He claims Geno looks improved. Very much improved and he now has great hopes for upcoming season. It is nice hearing Bowles sharing the same thoughts. 

is what he said today:

I noticed that too. From Bowles it seemed like extremely high praise. The Rex equivalent would be something like "we have the best QB in the league"

I also noticed that Kristian Dyer is sort of grudgingly admitting that Geno is looking good, seemingly every day.

He has protected the football better. Please note; he has better targets now too. I think that Salas is on Detroit for now, but other than him not too many of Geno's old targets left in the NFL

Off the top of my head, Holmes and Nelson are both UFAs.

is what he said today:

Rex: " I have never been more excited about Vernon Gholston".

is what he said today:

Sounds like Yogi Berra.

is what he said today:

I had dismissed Geno, and really advocated for Fitz to get the job. I think Fitz could be average, and with these receivers, and this defense that would win a lot of games.

The praise meant little the first few days, but when it comes from absolutely every reporter, coach, and player including Ray Lucas, and now Bowles it's hard to ignore. Around 15 different sources have said that Geno looks like a different man compared to last year's camp.

I'll wait till the end of preseason to get excited, but move me over to the camp that thinks he should be getting the chance to fail.

poop looks different in the sun versus in the moonlight

Most people haven't seen their poop in moonlight. Or anyone else's for that matter. Careful what you name it. Chances are, you'll be loving it.

I remember many of us excited about Geno during last years camp - he looked pretty good and highly improved. And then the season began. The fact is, if you take away the boneheaded plays, he wasn't that bad in many games last year - but it's the few boneheaded plays that ruined him (like that game against New England). If he minimizes those, he obviously has the skills to take it to the next level. Eli Manning definitely looked worse than him his first year, and was highly inaccurate throwing the ball as well. What helped him was good receivers, and many times he just lobs the ball up and his receivers come down wiith it...  So now, going into the third year, and with real weapons, maybe it's time for Geno to shine. I'm getting psyched that we might finally have a real offense...

I remember many of us excited about Geno during last years camp - he looked pretty good and highly improved. And then the season began. The fact is, if you take away the boneheaded plays, he wasn't that bad in many games last year - but it's the few boneheaded plays that ruined him (like that game against New England). If he minimizes those, he obviously has the skills to take it to the next level. Eli Manning definitely looked worse than him his first year, and was highly inaccurate throwing the ball as well. What helped him was good receivers, and many times he just lobs the ball up and his receivers come down wiith it... So now, going into the third year, and with real weapons, maybe it's time for Geno to shine. I'm getting psyched that we might finally have a real offense...

There was the first 3 passes that were picks that one time, might be the only time in nfl history. & also blowing off a Saturday night game prep meeting to go to the movies.. I don't have high hopes.

:)

I remember many of us excited about Geno during last years camp - he looked pretty good and highly improved. And then the season began. The fact is, if you take away the boneheaded plays, he wasn't that bad in many games last year - but it's the few boneheaded plays that ruined him (like that game against New England). If he minimizes those, he obviously has the skills to take it to the next level. Eli Manning definitely looked worse than him his first year, and was highly inaccurate throwing the ball as well. What helped him was good receivers, and many times he just lobs the ball up and his receivers come down wiith it...  So now, going into the third year, and with real weapons, maybe it's time for Geno to shine. I'm getting psyched that we might finally have a real offense...

We have heard from many that watched him in training camp last year say that he looks much better than he did last year. It's true that they also said that last year, and I hope they say it next year as well. That would mean that he's still improving substantially each year.

Mostly they've been talking about his command of the huddle, his confidence, and his decisiveness being the difference from last year. 

We should, of course be skeptical, but it is exactly what we should have been hoping for...I'd still have a very short leash on him.

There was the first 3 passes that were picks that one time, might be the only time in nfl history. & also blowing off a Saturday night game prep meeting to go to the movies.. I don't have high hopes.

:)

Wasnt his first 3 passes, was it?

And one game doesnt make a career.  for anyone

Archived