Belichick Wanted To Kick

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per post-game right now. It wasn't Slater. Makes it all the more delicious. Such an arrogant clown.

It was obvious. The clowns we have as announcers have no clue. 

They were upset because they thought they got to choose the direction if they deffer but they didn't deffer they chose

He said we want to kick that way.

Haha. Bellicheat is such an arrogant tool. Why in the world would anybody elect to kick in OT when a TD wins the game? How can this decision be defended? What a fool.

He clearly trusted his defense to get the stop.

Fitz had other ideas. :D

I thought the dumber decision was going for it on 4th and a few down 4 points inside the 40.  I didn't know the wind conditions, but their kicker should make more times than they get the first.  They got a big play, and eventually scored the TD, so it is of course the better decision in hind sight.  

Kick in overtime, get a stop, and give them momentum and field position.  Especially since the pats offense was stifled today.  

Genuinely think he's just protecting him. Slater was visibly confused, you could almost see him realise that he f*cked up. 

I'll take it either way.

There's a clip of him talking in detail to them before the flip. For much longer than it seems a coach would have to if you're reminding your players you're receiving. Makes it believable when you see it.

Genuinely think he's just protecting him. Slater was visibly confused, you could almost see him realise that he f*cked up. 

I'll take it either way.

i think the confusion was over choosing the direction of the kick. he thought they got to choose, but the winner chooses kick or receive and the loser chooses direction i guess

i think the confusion was over choosing the direction of the kick. he thought they got to choose, but the winner chooses kick or receive and the loser chooses direction i guess

you choose either kick or receive OR which direction to defend. So he was supposed to pick the goal to defend not kick or receive 

He could have given the choice to the Jets in which case we would have chosen to receive. Then he would choose the direction. Instead he chose to kick. 

you choose either kick or receive OR which direction to defend. So he was supposed to pick the goal to defend not kick or receive 

what?? they won the toss. they get to choose kick or receive, which they chose to kick. The pats were not supposed to choose which goal to defend.

that was my impression after watching it over a few times.  they wanted to kick, but didn't get the direction they wanted, the refs let the jets choose the direction

you choose one or the other the wind or who gets the ball. Not both. Can't say we wanna kick and defend the north goal 

Here’s the rule: 

Rule 4, Section 2, Article 2: Not more than three minutes before the kickoff of the first half, the Referee, in the presence of both team’s captains (limit of six per team, all of whom must be uniformed members of the Active List) shall toss a coin at the center of the field. Prior to the Referee’s toss, the call of “heads” or “tails” must be made by the captain of the visiting team, or by the captain designated by the Referee if there is no home team. Unless the winner of the toss defers his choice to the second half, he must choose one of two privileges, and the loser is given the other. The two privileges are:

(a)  The opportunity to receive the kickoff, or to kick off; or

(b)  The choice of goal his team will defend 

Archived