Thoughts on Hackeburg?

Freemanm

12 minutes ago, Joejet said:

To reply to the subject, Hack is what we should expect.  He showed some glimpses of being a competent QB with time and training but he is certainly not ready yet.  It was good to see him get some game reps.  Baby steps!

Reasonable QB talk is not allowed here 

;)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Looked pretty solid.  INT didn't bother me too much other than the play call and decision to throw it.  Rookie moment where it looked like things were moving a little fast and he missed the underneath guy.  The thing about Hack though is he has a good head on his shoulders and has been described as a cerebral QB so with time that type of stuff will be simple for him.  If you only followed the Jets through posters here, you'd think that Hackenberg was going to go out and look like a failed abortion.  Instead, the good far outweighed the bad and he actually has me excited to actually watch the final game of preseason.  

Did the abortion fail because the woman was too loose ?

34 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

When he had time in the pocket, he looked like a professional QB and moved the team.  When under pressure. he looked like a rookie QB, although he did throw one away, which is good to see.

Threw two away technically, the other toss away just so happened to take a crazy bounce off the foot of someone.  Still it's definitely something you like to see. Especially after watching Mark and Geno fail to do it time after time the last couple of years.  

Decision making looked good for the most part. Went through his progressions which was probably the best thing I saw. Strong arm. Solid feet.  Didn't back pedal against the rush like when Geno used to take a 20 yard drops everytime a team blitzed him.  Just needs reps and time so the game can slow down for him.  

Sticking to my guns when I first made the megathread. He's our franchise QB.

I'm not the typical Jets fan. I never said it about Mark, Geno, Bret, Brett, none of them. Only said it about Chad (if not for injuries, I would have been right).

Hack is our guy.

3 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I'm not the typical Jets fan. I never said it about Mark, Geno, Bret, Brett, none of them. Only said it about Chad (if not for injuries, I would have been right).

Hack is our guy.

I REALLY hope you are right. It's been a long time since JWN. 

7 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Hack is our guy.

I feel the same way man.  I really hope we're right.  I was definitely in the minority but I wanted Hack right where we took him.

anyone who thinks Hack is inaccurate should Ryan Nassib play. not sure ive seen so many passes sail before.

I though Hack looked awesome. the TD throw was not an easy one to make and required accuracy and touch. I think the accuracy thing is way overblown.

Honestly I didn't think he played well.  Its easy to look at this with rose tinted glasses, but then you look at his statline and it's pretty bad.  He started off strong, but you could see that he had accuracy problems, and was basically throwing to his first read every time.  I like his arm, I love that one td and he seemed to not get too flustered in the pocket, but make no mistake he is a big project.

6 hours ago, mkajet01 said:

All I know is geno was horrible, 14 yds passing! Hack was impressive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

You're a broken record with an agenda.

It was as unimpressive a night as they're could have been for the Fitz/Geno/Petty. And while Geno hardly looked like he was packing heat, the 14 yards you're throwing around like confetti is misleading. The playcalling asked almost nothing of Geno's arm tonight. The CS had obviously already decided how they felt about Geno one way or another and wanted to finalize other decisions instead... whatever that is, we're about to find out. 

He was okay for his first game action .. Kid has a lot of potential probably the strongest arm on the team . He needs some time to develop he is far from ready but if jets can clean up his footwork and tighten up his accuracy And his metal side catch up he will be a Franchise QB.  Should be Interesting to see how he develops over the year and full offseason . 

The Geno ship pretty much has sailed . He doesn't look inspired he has had better preseasons in the past ..  Starting to think Geno may have check out already mentally. For as average as Fitz has looked this preseason Geno had a chance to at least bring up a QB controversy . He didn't 

Very Concerned about Fitz that arm doesn't even look as strong as it was last year . Which wasn't that strong.  Accuracy down the field extremely shaky right now .. Hopefully once things get going and he warms up . He will get back to form .

I was grinning ear to ear seeing Hack to Anderson TD toss.  Did you see Bowles on the sideline?  Happiest I've ever seen him.  Bigger grin than mine.  

I love the thought of this team moving forward with Hack/Petty.  Hold the fort, Fitz.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out Geno.   (don't hate the guy just time to move on from him)  

Re Hack, I was disappointed that the coaching staff had him start out of the shotgun so often. Hack looked much better under center than in the gun while at PSU, it would have been nice to see the staff tailor the offense a little more to the kid's strengths. 

Keep both petty & hackensburg, those 2 guys are the future! Also doe's everyone think Fitz is the second coming of Joe Willie? Jets aren't top tier team until they get qb right. & geno & Fitz aren't the answer!

I thought Hack looked fantastic...his first drive was beautiful and after that he fell apart a little bit...keep in mind he now has something like 12 snaps in an NFL preseason worth of experience. I don't think we are going to see him play in a regular season game this year unless something goes horribly wrong and even then i think we just sign a veteran free agent.

45 minutes ago, mkajet01 said:

Keep both petty & hackensburg, those 2 guys are the future! Also doe's everyone think Fitz is the second coming of Joe Willie? Jets aren't top tier team until they get qb right. & geno & Fitz aren't the answer!

Fitz looked bad last night 3rd pre season game and we saw well the real Fitzpatrick but hey the players like him......

Hackenburg looked decent minus the INT 

Hack has had minimal (almost zero) reps this training camp, so for him to come in and march the team down 80 yards down the field effortlessly on his first drive, I was extremely impressed. He went through progressions, had serious zip on the ball, and was more accurate than I expected. Keep grooming him and he may well start week 1 of next season.

10 hours ago, Freemanm said:

That's the reason I'm generally against guys starting from game 1. Geno's psyche has been ruined. It's been pretty evident to me the entire preseason that he's so afraid of throwing a pic now that he's not even throwing the ball downfield. 

I have said the same thing over and over.

People forget, Geno was not supposed to start as a rookie, but REX, wanting to win the Snoopy Bowl, put Sanchez back in the game to get knocked out for the year.  Thus, Geno was forced to start as a rookie on a team that had awful offensive talent.   I don't know that he would have become anything, but that for sure made things much worse.

All our QBs stunk up the joint last night if we are going to critical of Geno lets be fair with all of them 

agreed ... and Geno had the worst performance of them all ...

hamburger was playing against 4-5th stringers... but showed promise.

how does a guy with tiny hands throw a spiral ?

based on the camp tweets I was expecting a disaster, but the kid can throw. he has a smooth delivery.  good size.  liked the way he handled the huddle

just super inconsistent and needs to learn a lot.  I think next year he could push to start with fitz and probably geno gone

4 hours ago, Hael said:

Honestly I didn't think he played well.  Its easy to look at this with rose tinted glasses, but then you look at his statline and it's pretty bad.  He started off strong, but you could see that he had accuracy problems, and was basically throwing to his first read every time.  I like his arm, I love that one td and he seemed to not get too flustered in the pocket, but make no mistake he is a big project.

Idk what you guys expect. It was his first game play in the nfl ever with barely any practice reps. He led the team to a td and made that drive look almost effortless. Then he was put into tough situations and had some adversity. He didn't look overwhelmed at all and he made some nice throws and also some bad throws. Given the circumstances and lack of experience and reps I'd  say he did fine. If you expected anything more than this you are delusional

49 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I thought Hack looked fantastic...his first drive was beautiful and after that he fell apart a little bit...keep in mind he now has something like 12 snaps in an NFL preseason worth of experience. I don't think we are going to see him play in a regular season game this year unless something goes horribly wrong and even then i think we just sign a veteran free agent.

Idk if I'd say he fell apart. He was given the ball on the 2 yard line behind a scrub oline and almost no practice. 

I love Rotoworld:

Paxton Lynch completed 6-of-13 passes for 57 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions in Saturday’s preseason game.

He recorded one yard on four rushing attempts, though two were kneel-downs. It was a tepid effort for Lynch, who missed an opportunity to put distance between himself and Mark Sanchez, who is on the bubble. Lynch got off to a nice start by completing his first four passes but limped to the finish with seven misses over his last nine throws. To be fair, Lynch was playing with backups and the Broncos used a run-heavy approach featuring Devontae Booker and Ronnie Hillman. Lynch's longest completion came on a 17-yard screen to Booker. Lynch has shown flashes during preseason play but Trevor Siemian remains the odds-on favorite to start Week 1 against Carolina.

Christian Hackenberg completed 6-of-16 passes for 105 yards with one touchdown and one interception in Saturday's preseason game.

Hackenberg's debut performance showed exactly why he's buried on the team's depth chart. The second-round pick got hot for a stretch with four straight completions on a fourth-quarter touchdown drive but was a non-factor the rest of the night. He threw an ugly interception in his own end zone late in the fourth quarter to set up the Giants' game-winning drive and also took an inexcusable delay of game penalty. It was an uninspiring effort for Hackenberg, who is destined to spend his rookie year glued to the Jets' bench.

Archived