Squirt

Trump Sends Woody To U.K.; Makes Jets Great Again

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

President elect Donald Trump announces that Jet owner Woody Johnson is the Ambassador To the UK

Congratulations to Woody.  I wish him the best of luck, and success, in his new diplomatic role representing our country in my home country.

Lets hope whomever takes management responsibility for the Jets in the interim lets Macc do his job.  

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

Congratulations to Woody.  I wish him the best of luck, and success, in his new diplomatic role representing our country in my home country.

Lets hope whomever takes management responsibility for the Jets in the interim lets Macc do his job.  

Forgive me if I take a pass on the working class hero routine so popular amongst lower economic class Jets fans when discussing anyone who makes more than they do....

I could give two sh!ts about Woody Johnson or his personal accomplishments.  Only positive I see is that maybe now the putz will sell the Jets to someone who actually knows and cares about football and winning. 'Cause that dope has been out of his depth from day one.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

HE'S YOUR PROBLEM NOW, YOU WANKERS AND KNOBS. NOW GO WATCH SOME FOOTIE ON THE TELLIE WHILE YOU EAT BLOOD SAUSAGE AND BEANS IN YOUR FLIPPER FLAPPER.

FYI That's how they talk there.

@AFJF

It is on. Like Donkey Kong. :)

Okay Woody get ready for warm beer, lousy food,and nasty dental habits. Oh yeah football means something else 'cross the pond old boy. Just FYI Woody.

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Johnson and Johnson had no need for him...   he has been unable to get the Jets above basic mediocrity, OK, let the Brits have him.

his father left johnson and johnson decades ago, woody had never worked at J&J, ever

Less of control the last 2-3 years. He was the one who orchestrated the Revis deal. Not sure if I have seen a deal ever work out worse other than maybe the 21M this year that As$whiler is getting. He is the biggest thief in American history. Woody also probably played a role in Fitz being re-signed this past year.  Sure, everyone really wanted to know if he had another year like 2015 in him, but this same story played out in Buffalo some years back. Did anyone think this clown got better with time?. Sure our options were limited, but for that 12M we could have paid Hoyer 2M like the Bears did and he could have competed with Geno and Petty for the job. Has he won it they could have cut Geno and the money spent on Hoyer was about a wash with Geno. Had he lost it Geno would have started till we gave way to Petty, which would have been much earlier in the season giving Petty possibly a better situation and more games to work with. In either scenario we would have had an extra 11-12M to either spend in 2016 on OL and other positions ore carry it over to 2017 where we could have had even more to spend than we will after the fire sale. But instead we went through this wasted season with now only ~300K to carry over to 2017. Those type of mistakes have Woody's name all over it since he was the one who wasted a 4th round pick and how many millions for Tebow, which forces Stanton a good backup or even potential starter for us to go to the Cardinals plus get 500K for nothing due to his contract at the time. These are moves all for back pages of newspapers that never help a team short or long term. No, this guy being out of the picture is definitely a good thing since bad decisions like I stated could not be done any worse by anybody.  

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Gonna leave this open, but please let's leave politics out of this. Plenty of places to discuss that, we don't want people fighting here.

This is really good news though, if this is definitely true, getting Woody out of the day to day is big. Think about it, Woody talks to Bowles every week. What a waste of time. Let's say that talk is one hour (I have no idea). Bowles probably spends 3X that amount of time just expressing disbelief to his inner circle.

Can you believe that Woody asked ____? Or that Woody actually suggested ___?

Freeing Bowles up from these conversations can't hurt. Freeing the organization up from Woody's control can't hurt.

Same goes for Macc. Let's get a true head of football operations in here.

It's "good news" that an incompetent buffoon with a silver spoon in his mouth is now in government?  :)

42 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hooray... 4 years of the Jets being de-prioritized in favor of political turmoil!!!! 

Never asked Donald whether whether he was a Jets fan but if so-maybe this was an appointment to get Woody out of the area and appoint an overseer for the franchise. Too bad ambassadors aren"t required to dispose of assets which could impair performance of duties-the headaches of the Jets would impair anyone's clear functioning.

I'm still surprised at the news  (despite Rooney having been an ambassador in Ireland and Woody being even a top republican fund raiser).

Despite, the talk for over a month that Woody would get the UK gig.  Britian is the USA's closest ally, on paper it's an important position.

However, when Joe Kennedy held the job, primary communication was telegrams and poor-quality long distant phone calls.

Today with emails, teleconferences, real-time face to face communication, I expect the role of the ambassador may not be so pivitol ... hence Woody getting his moment in the sun ( or the British rain).

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Johnson and Johnson had no need for him...   he has been unable to get the Jets above basic mediocrity, OK, let the Brits have him.

He doesn't work for J and J, never has

5 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Your congratulating him, why exactly?  He did nothing to deserve this.  This is obviously a quid pro quo situation. 

Woody donated to a campaign... and he is being rewarded for no other reason besides that.

The reason it is England, is because they are an ally, he wont have to do anything, and I doubt Woody can speak another language.

If you ever post something that I agree with, it might be the first time.

He was a fundraiser and advisor to Trump.  

4 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Woody is a wanker.

They'll probably play the Jaguars.  Nothing like the annual rubbish matchup at Wembley.

I can hear the Premiere League chants now.

"We're not going down,

We're not going up,

We're the Jets,

And we don't give a f*ck"

"Chim-chimminy, Chim-chimminy,

chim-chim-charee,

We're the Jets and we suck a big fat D"

There's a lot of crazy in that negative head of yours

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Very often Ambassadorships are gifts for contributions. And the people selected know nothing about the country they are going to be sent to. You'd think we would send people who were scholars and students of these countries and had spent a lot of time there. I really don't really think Woody knows anything at all about the UK. Just like he doesn't know about football. 

I beg to differ. Woody, much like the Queen and her clan, is very familiar with coming to fame and wealth simply by being born.

8 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Why does he think that? Is Chris Johnson some kind of football guy or is this just a knock on Woody?

Guarantees Jets # 1 pick in 2018

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Maybe this is what it will take for the jets to win the super bowl. 

Yeah...the London Jets you mean...

trump_woody.jpg

trump_woody-150x150.jpgPolitics is one of the only topics we normally avoid here at JetNation. That is hard at times because team owner Woody Johnson is very political and is in the news often. We just hate when Jets fans argue politics with other Jets fans. Especially because we have enough actual football topics to spend our time fighting about.

Today we make a political exception because Woody Johnson seems close to giving up day to day control of the team. Donald Trump called Woody Johnson “Ambassador” on Thursday. Pretty much confirming the rumors that Woody would be appointed as the Ambassador to the U.K.

Trump himself alluded to the diplomatic post for Johnson on Thursday, referring to him as “ambassador” during remarks at a celebratory luncheon in downtown Washington. At one point, Trump said Johnson was “going to St. James,” a reference to the official title held by the top U.S. diplomat in London.

The transition official spoke on the condition of anonymity because the nomination has not been formally announced.

The feeling that Jets fans have had for years is that Woody worries more about politics than he does football. These tweets by our new President seem to confirm those feelings.

There were reports saying that Woody would hand day to day control of the team over to his brother Christopher Johnson. We will have more on that as the details are released. For now though we will just be happy that Woody won’t be running the team anymore. Thank you Donald Trump, removing Woody from operations is a big step towards Making the Jets Great Again.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
TEvdAUwkMgk

Click here to read the full story...