Look, Jets are better than we thought, but still sucks balls.

Paradis

...And that's OK. 

Like, isn't this what we wanted? purge the vets, see what the new stock can offer? Expose the coaching staff, put the GM's picks on display?... The only thing we can question really is when do we get to see our younger QBs undressed/perform. Seriously, if we went 0-16, that would be more concerning.. There's no way this team was ready to make a playoff run - a nice Cinderella story - but cmon. 

For those that are bitchy: be happy our players are actually showing up. That's not been a given over the last 5-6 years.

For those that are bitchier: The fabled #1 sure-thing QB in the 2018 draft has become a murky situation. We'll figure something out, whether it's trading, or taking who's available.

Progress people.   

Agree with you. At 3-4 and with better opponents upcoming, success can still come through the accomplishments of the youngsters. The draft has become unclear with darnold and Rosen having their struggles. I just hope we can get some offensive weapons next year for our next qb whoever that is

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I got a chuckle from purged the Vets because McCown, Forte, Powell, Kearse, Kerley, etc but I gut laughed at the Jets figuring something out. ;-)

True, it did feel like Macc lost a game of chicken signing Kerley and trading for Kearse etc... I stand by my post though. There was this cut-bait, move on theme happening as we led into the season.

I mean the team is 3-4, and the signs of frustration started rearing their ugly head late in that game, the way the team lost the last 2 weeks is not sitting well, and it's not going to get better the next 2 weeks IMO, and at 3-6 the team might still quit, and all the supposed youth movement looks good because effort even thou we suck theory could be thrown right out the window!

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s really about developing the youth, guys

BCC03A9F-C01E-46BF-BB83-5703E0AF8F52.png

Wait until someone takes the time to show the “develop the youth” guys that most of Mac’s draft picks from yr 1 & 2 aren’t on the roster.

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

...And that's OK. 

Like, isn't this what we wanted? purge the vets, see what the new stock can offer? Expose the coaching staff, put the GM's picks on display?... The only thing we can question really is when do we get to see our younger QBs undressed/perform. Seriously, if we went 0-16, that would be more concerning.. There's no way this team was ready to make a playoff run - a nice Cinderella story - but cmon. 

For those that are bitchy: be happy our players are actually showing up. That's not been a given over the last 5-6 years.

For those that are bitchier: The fabled #1 sure-thing QB in the 2018 draft has become a murky situation. We'll figure something out, whether it's trading, or taking who's available.

Progress people.   

The only thing more I really want out of this season is to see continued development out of Lee, Jenkins, Roberts, Shell and the 2017 class. 

7 hours ago, JiF said:

I got a chuckle from purged the Vets because McCown, Forte, Powell, Kearse, Kerley, etc but I gut laughed at the Jets figuring something out. ;-)

Are they not supposed to have anybody over 25 on the team? I get it with McCown and Forte, but Kearse and Kerley are only like 27 and have been quite productive. I also like what Powell brings even though he is the ripe old age of 29. The jets are one of the youngest teams in football and it's ok to have a few guys with some experience too. 

4 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Are they not supposed to have anybody over 25 on the team? I get it with McCown and Forte, but Kearse and Kerley are only like 27 and have been quite productive. I also like what Powell brings even though he is the ripe old age of 29. The jets are one of the youngest teams in football and it's ok to have a few guys with some experience too. 

There's no young talent at the important positions. QB, LT, WR, RB, OLB, CB. Maccagnan's drafts have been abysmal and the reason the team is remotely competitive is these vet's on short term contracts. 

25 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

They can make up the roster how ever they choose.  Doesn't bother me one bit.  But don't try to sell me on this being a young, growing team that is developing their young talent on the field.  It's not.  At all.  It's actually the complete opposite but nobody wants to admit it.  There are 3 young players on the team getting any meaningful time.  Adams, Maye, and Shell.  Sure, Lee and Jenkins are only in the 2nd year but at this point, they've played plenty of on NFL Football.  

So, that's it.  Those are your young developing players (all at non-premium positions) and the rest of the team are all veterans. 

I want to win every game, when we don't it sucks.  early in the season I expected us to suck so the first 2 losses weren't painful, last week w/ the blown calls it still wasn't that painful as who knows if we win w/ those calls?  but yesterday was painful.  Having a 14 pt 4th qtr lead against an offense like that where we shut down Ajayi all game and we can't protect it?  Miamki has been all about Ajayi on O the last 2 years, shut him down and you win- we did that and allowed a backup to beat us bringing back memories of Bubby Brister and Vince Evans 1993.

We are what we are. I never expected to have 3 wins at this point so they are ahead of where I thought they would be. Macc's draft picks are for the most part terrible. Except for Leo, Adams(growing pains) and Maye. The lilliputian LB Lee has shown some flashes but the jury is still out on him. The OL was not addressed and is performing about as I expected. Bowles coaching is at best sub-par and at worst laughable. Anyone notice as the game goes on the offensive performance gets worse? That means no ability to adjust to in game situations or deviation from the game plan. Just a collection of horrible play calls and decisions. I fully expect Bowles to be gone but I think they will retain Macc which is a big mistake IMO.

As for "sucking for Sam" as was pointed out earlier in another thread it sure looks like he is "sucking for us". LOL. Loved that line. If they lose the next two games McCOWN must be benched and then the real circus will begin. You know. Bowles losing the team again, players pointing their fingers at each other. Dogs and Cats living together MASS HYSTERIA. It is inevitable. So cheer up campers. We will be picking in the top 5 or 6 and you just know that GREAT DL or CB will fall to us and you know what that means. BPA time. Classic.

I've been very happy with this team this year. They've been much better than expected and have at least gave us some hope that they could contend. We know they are not that good but that doesn't mean it's not fun to see them win and play some important games even if it's only in October.

The young players are showing signs of being really good. They still make mistakes but Maye and Adams both made some big plays in that game yesterday. ASJ looks like he could be a long term answer for us at tight end. I want to see them get Stewart involved in the offense, hopefully Leggett as well if he can make it back healthy. Kony Ealy looks like he can be a good piece going forward.

The Jets are obviously fading quickly now from their 3-2 start but they are a fun team to root for which is good. Mainly because it's a lot of young guys out there mixed in with some average vets who have played well.

I want to see Petty start if the Jets lose to Atlanta and fall to 3-5 but I think the Jets are probably going to hold off on pulling McCown until loss 7 or 8.

Well, some of our players are showing up, the most important ones are not.   It's easy to get young 1st and 2nd year players to gt ramped up and play hard.

this year like last, our most high profile, highly paid players are dogging it and loafing it or being put in a position they cannot show their talent.  Leoanrd williams who should be a D weapon and be moved around aong the line is being used like a friggin nose tackle, sit in the middle and fight through  a double team.

The D coach,,,,,yeah bowles has zero answer to getting pressure thus he is leaving out right scrubs like pineapple head skrine on an island.

One of the big issues with this team is that we are getting no answers on some of the pieces we have drafted.

To start next year we will be asking, can petty play?  can hack play?  can stewart play?  can hansen play? Can burris play?

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well, some of our players are showing up, the most important ones are not.   It's easy to get young 1st and 2nd year players to gt ramped up and play hard.

this year like last, our most high profile, highly paid players are dogging it and loafing it or being put in a position they cannot show their talent.  Leoanrd williams who should be a D weapon and be moved around aong the line is being used like a friggin nose tackle, sit in the middle and fight through  a double team.

The D coach,,,,,yeah bowles has zero answer to getting pressure thus he is leaving out right scrubs like pineapple head skrine on an island.

One of the big issues with this team is that we are getting no answers on some of the pieces we have drafted.

To start next year we will be asking, can petty play?  can hack play?  can stewart play?  can hansen play? Can burris play?

Burris and Stewart have had playing time this year. What the hell are you taking about?

I was all for tanking, but the way things are going..I like it. It's an actual competitive rebuild and not just labeled as one, all while establishing a positive/competitive culture. They're not getting blown out every game, fighting for just a field goal every week, they're competing with every team and that's what you want. Stay the path, keep adding pieces and hopefully a QB falls into our lap somehow along the way. 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

True. Everyone knows that a REAL ULTIMATE REBUILD starts in year 10

I fixed it for you. If you get rid of the GM sooner then you have to start all over with another GM/Coach who has to learn again! You have to have a couple practice rebuilds after practice drafts.

15 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I want to win every game, when we don't it sucks.  early in the season I expected us to suck so the first 2 losses weren't painful, last week w/ the blown calls it still wasn't that painful as who knows if we win w/ those calls?  but yesterday was painful.  Having a 14 pt 4th qtr lead against an offense like that where we shut down Ajayi all game and we can't protect it?  Miamki has been all about Ajayi on O the last 2 years, shut him down and you win- we did that and allowed a backup to beat us bringing back memories of Bubby Brister and Vince Evans 1993.

Allowing backup Matt Moore to beat us in 2017 also brought back memories of backup Matt Moore beating us in 2016

...and that game brought back memories of backup Matt Moore beating us in 2012

...and that game brought back memories of backup Matt Moore beating us in 2011

Archived