Tim Tebow Released: MERGED

F.Chowds

The organization that never seems to get it right.

Tim Tebow was never given a chance here. He worked his ass off off-season to get back into shape and the Jets release him? Meanwhile they keep the arrogant POS Mark Sanchez on the roster.

I don't remember reading anywhere where Mark Sanchez took any responsibility  for his terrible worse in the NFL season. I don't remember reading where he offered to restructure.

Woody,Rex and others get a clue or get used to losing.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To what end?  He's not the swiss army knife he was touted as when he arrived.  He can't play fullback for us or be an effective special teamer.  We have no use for 4 or 5 QB's on this team.  I don't see it.

So it would make no sense to re-sign him.

You're new to being a Jets fan?

The Jets did their final injustice to Tebow.  They misused him, humilitaed him, and just released him knowing the recently ended draft had all other 31 teams addressed their QB needs.

Lost 15 pounds, first to enter facility, last to leave.

A true man whose head was always held up high.

Good luck!!

One of the more disgraceful handlings of a player, ever. Trade for him, promise him 20 snaps, then bury him on the bench while the starter is having possibly the worst season a modern era QB has ever had, then play Greg McElroy over him in a lost season.

Screw Tim Tebow. It was a bad idea that was executed even more poorly. I have more regrets about the picks and cash given up for him than I do about the way he was handled. 

Can you guys educate me on free agency?

mike/mike said the Jets hosed him by doing this after free agency.   I admit my ignorance here -- there is *NO* way a team can pick a guy up now?   Teams can't  take walk-ons etc after FA & the draft?

The Jets did their final injustice to Tebow.  They misused him, humilitaed him, and just released him knowing the recently ended draft had all other 31 teams addressed their QB needs.

Lost 15 pounds, first to enter facility, last to leave.

A true man whose head was always held up high.

Good luck!!

Agree he was a good guy and the timing is unfortunate, but justice vs injustice is not the way to build or finalize a roster.  

Know what would have been the worst injustice? If the Jets released him on August 28th or whatever final cutdown day is this year.  And in the meantime more interviews and stories and distraction.  Part of me was absolutely fine with him sticking around as our #3 guy but if the team was going to truly hold open competition for the starting job and felt the distraction of allowing him to compete (or not allowing him to compete) was too great and was detrimental to the team on balance, then I'm fine with cutting him now.  It's not as though he was going to start for us.

mike/mike said the Jets hosed him by doing this after free agency. I admit my ignorance here -- there is *NO* way a team can pick a guy up now? Teams can't take walk-ons etc after FA & the draft?

The Jets clearly were using him as a carrot for a draft trade. That is there perogative. Anything we do is a mistake in the eyes of the media.

mike/mike said the Jets hosed him by doing this after free agency.   I admit my ignorance here -- there is *NO* way a team can pick a guy up now?   Teams can't  take walk-ons etc after FA & the draft?

He can be picked up. The problem for Tebow is that teams have already addressed their QB situations by now between FA and the draft. so his prospects are pretty weak. 

One of the more disgraceful handlings of a player, ever. Trade for him, promise him 20 snaps, then bury him on the bench while the starter is having possibly the worst season a modern era QB has ever had, then play Greg McElroy over him in a lost season.

Agreed x1,000

Tannenrex's greatest crime is making me feel sympathy for Tim Tebow.

I was not a Tebow fan when we acquired him, but grew to really respect the type of person he is and how hard he works.  I personally don't think he is an NFL QB or a guy that will have much of a role in the league, but that doesn't change the fact that I will be rooting for him while he continues to give it a shot.  The guy was a solid pro while he was here and I wish him the best.

I agree the NFL is a business.  But not once did the Jets apply the "human factor" in the Tebow equation.

Everybody knew Rex should have started Tebow (most called for him after week 4) at the end of the season.

Rex et al would then have to admit a huge mistake if Tebow succeeded.

Been a Jets fan before Namath and understand the dynamics of the sport, and especially the Jets.

I agree the NFL is a business.  But not once did the Jets apply the "human factor" in the Tebow equation.

Everybody knew Rex should have started Tebow (most called for him after week 4) at the end of the season.

Rex et al would then have to admit a huge mistake if Tebow succeeded.

Been a Jets fan before Namath and understand the dynamics of the sport, and especially the Jets.

The NFL is a business.  And Tebow playing would have been a real nice benefit $$$ wise for Woody.  Plus with the way Sanchez played, Tebow deserved a chance.  But Rex stood by Markie.  Why? Who knows. This decision alone should have cost Rex his job.  

Screw Tebow. Guy refused to try another position. Pride comes before the fall. He is not a QB and I am sick of hearing that a$$hole cry about his situation. Got paid millions to sit a season out. See ya dickhead.

You are wrong.

Tebow was traded for and brought here being told he'd be first up at QB if Sanchez faltered. Well, Sanchez faltered to the point where we just added 2 new QBs to replace him. Yet, Tebow was never even given a spot start. 

They told him to gain a bunch of weight and learn to play these stupid gimmick roles, like punt protector and wildcat. Never focused on improving his mechanics. Not only was it the wrong way to handle Tebow, but it was gross negligence of the QB position on this team to not truly have someone able to step in for Sanchez as he spiraled out of control.

Tebow wasn't the one at fault in all of this. The Jets were. From what I can see, Tebow was hired to be an assistant manager, then told to mop the floors, he grabbed the mop and did it the best he could, while his employer invested nothing in making him a better manager, nor did they align his actual job with the expectations they set during the hiring practice.

I don't care how he got paid, if you have a career goal that drives you, that's all that is going to matter. Reaching your goal, not compensation.

I've been in his shoes, it's a horrible predicament for a someone willing to do whatever he can to help, but also who has clearly defined goals he wants to reach. It sucks.

I wish him the best. I wish we'd never traded for him, out of fairness to him. I wish, since he was here, that we'd used him. It would have at least been fun to watch.

You are wrong.

Tebow was traded for and brought here being told he'd be first up at QB if Sanchez faltered. Well, Sanchez faltered to the point where we just added 2 new QBs to replace him. Yet, Tebow was never even given a spot start. 

They told him to gain a bunch of weight and learn to play these stupid gimmick roles, like punt protector and wildcat. Never focused on improving his mechanics. Not only was it the wrong way to handle Tebow, but it was gross negligence of the QB position on this team to not truly have someone able to step in for Sanchez as he spiraled out of control.

Tebow wasn't the one at fault in all of this. The Jets were. From what I can see, Tebow was hired to be an assistant manager, then told to mop the floors, he grabbed the mop and did it the best he could, while his employer invested nothing in making him a better manager, nor did they align his actual job with the expectations they set during the hiring practice.

I don't care how he got paid, if you have a career goal that drives you, that's all that is going to matter. Reaching your goal, not compensation.

I've been in his shoes, it's a horrible predicament for a someone willing to do whatever he can to help, but also who has clearly defined goals he wants to reach. It sucks.

I wish him the best. I wish we'd never traded for him, out of fairness to him. I wish, since he was here, that we'd used him. It would have at least been fun to watch.

I dont care what he was told he was going to do. Lots of players are told what role they will play and then never do.  I dont want a team of mine telling a guy he's going to do XYZ no matter what.  I want a guy to earn the right to play.  He had no choice.  He didnt come over as a FA.  He was traded for.  So anything he was told is meaningless.

Now... Did Tebow deserve to play?  Yes. Sanchez sucked something awful.  Tebow should have played.  But our awesome coach Rexy was too blind and stupid to make the move.  Was it for selfish reasons? Most likely yes.  And thats where I have my problem with Rex.  He didnt make the right personnel decisions when it was staring him in the face.  I think Rexy has a real problem with Preachy McQB and didnt want him to succeed because of his own moral failings in his personal life.

It's funny watching you act like you have soul.

Tebow with all his millions, fame, and adoration will be just fine.

I feel way more sorry for that guy the Jets claimed off Miami's practice squad last summer only to release him after 1 practice when he tore his ACL.

You are wrong.

While I appreciate that he was given someone's word about his future here, you also have to give some consideration to the fact that he may have reported to camp and repeatedly stunk it up in practice to the point where he had no longer earned the right to QB the team. For MacElroy's short comings, he is technically solid and neither of us know what the story was on Tebow's workouts.

Didn't like Tebow prior to the Jets at all.  As he was here I grew to like him and maybe that was in part to how much I started to dislike Mark. I think he has great character and more players should behave like he does in front of the media and fans instead of some that thug-life BS i see.  As a father that kind of stuff is important when I see my son looking up to some of these guys, otherwise I can careless how they wanna act......At the same time, I don't have much sympathy here for the guy bc I would love to be hired by a NFL team and be dckd around at the QB position for a year while I collected a cool million or so....and you would be crazy if at the end of the day you didn't think Tebow didn't realize that.  I do wish him the best and sure hope he isn't scrambling for a touchdown on us in 2013. 

You are wrong.

I must say, I find it quite hilarious how much crap you give me for my opinion of Tebow as a player, yet your position has changed like the wind over the past year regarding Tebow, what he really is and whose fault that supposedly is, simply because you can't accept the fact that your endless blind defending of this trade was completely unfounded and proven to be ridiculous.  The guy was an awful QB from day one and nothing did, or was going to, change that.  The problem was the Jets making the trade to begin with, and just because the GM was a freakin' moron doesn't mean the entire Jets' coaching staff should commit themselves to a guy they made it quite clear they all wanted nothing to do with.  As it is they went out of their way more than enough to try to get a guy on the field when he was a backup QB that they thought couldn't play QB.  In the end, it would seem rather apparent the Jets' new GM had no use for him either, even with the opportunity of the changes in the front office and offensive coaching staff to potentially give him a clean slate.

Tebow was the worst possible person you could have brought in last year with the circus and media hype he brought with him.

If there was ANY hope for Sanchez that went out the window when Tebow was brought in.

If the Jets had brought in pretty much anyone other than Tebow ( heck the already had a guy in Stanton) they would not be looked at as the joke they are right now.

Thanks to Woody (Who can never have enough Tebow) Tanny and Wrecks for bringing this team to Kotiteian levels.

GOOD RIDDANCE! Wish him well in his new endeavors

By all accounts a good guy, a hard worker but not a QB-lowest completion %, highest % of off target passes, pig headed insistence upon playing QB. Major distraction eliminated.

Let's get back to football

I dont care what he was told he was going to do. Lots of players are told what role they will play and then never do.  I dont want a team of mine telling a guy he's going to do XYZ no matter what.  I want a guy to earn the right to play.  He had no choice.  He didnt come over as a FA.  He was traded for.  So anything he was told is meaningless.

Now... Did Tebow deserve to play?  Yes. Sanchez sucked something awful.  Tebow should have played.  But our awesome coach Rexy was too blind and stupid to make the move.  Was it for selfish reasons? Most likely yes.  And thats where I have my problem with Rex.  He didnt make the right personnel decisions when it was staring him in the face.  I think Rexy has a real problem with Preachy McQB and didnt want him to succeed because of his own moral failings in his personal life.

Untrue. If you bring a guy in saying "you'll be our QB and next up after Sanchez" and then Sanchez gets benched, you lied. If they never wanted him to be a QB, then they should have told him what his new position was. 

NO successful organization, that relies on it's employees to perform, can be successful when they routinely set misaligned expectations with their employees.

Your whole 2nd paragraph I agree with. I think Rex hates God and the gays, that's also why he didn't just cut Kerry Rhodes, but spent part of his book over-rationalizing why.

Archived