Jets dysfunction ruins FA, will it ruin draft

joewillie78

OK, its obvious that Woody loves REX, but Idzik hates  REX and wants him fired. This is obvious as he has basically told Rex to F-off anytime Rex wanted a FA, especially a defensive one. Clearly REX thinks he can save his job with more defense and Idzik is doing everything he can to undermine that. He gives REX a toke WR and a placekicker, and tells Rex to have at it. Now, we cant wait until the draft where REX will be screaming for his guys, and Idzik will again tell Rex to sit down and shut up. I'm running the show.

In reality, this is Woody's fault as he should have allowed Idzik to bring in his own guy, and by not doing this, we are now stuck with a coach and a GM who hate each other, and as usual, the FANS are going to get screwed.

45 years and counting. Welcome to Jet land.

UCLA wins the National Championship

Go big Red

Rex couldn't coach a womans softball team

Geno Sucks

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, its obvious that Woody loves REX, but Idzik hates  REX and wants him fired. This is obvious as he has basically told Rex to F-off anytime Rex wanted a FA, especially a defensive one. Clearly REX thinks he can save his job with more defense and Idzik is doing everything he can to undermine that. He gives REX a toke WR and a placekicker, and tells Rex to have at it. Now, we cant wait until the draft where REX will be screaming for his guys, and Idzik will again tell Rex to sit down and shut up. I'm running the show.

In reality, this is Woody's fault as he should have allowed Idzik to bring in his own guy, and by not doing this, we are now stuck with a coach and a GM who hate each other, and as usual, the FANS are going to get screwed.

Go big Red

Geno Sucks

I think you need a mental enema. 

Go big Red

Geno Sucks

Oh, and I'm not really happy you're back. It was good you left. I was glad you did. 

Last year the Jets were dysfunctional because we spent the 9th and 13th pick on defense and everyone said Idzik is Rex's puppet. Now we sign a WR in the FIRST week of free agency and now we're dysfunctional because Idzik doesn't want to give Ryan defensive players. Obviously.

Trying to wrap my mind around this one...

-The OP hates Rex and the fact that we're too defensive minded.

-Idzik brings in the top available WR.  This is good news for the OP, right?

-Idzik's WR is an insult to Rex, who the OP doesn't like.  This is good right?

So why does this thread exist, if even the OP disagrees with it?

Trying to wrap my mind around this one...

-The OP hates Rex and the fact that we're too defensive minded.

-Idzik brings in the top available WR. This is good news for the OP, right?

-Idzik's WR is an insult to Rex, who the OP doesn't like. This is good right?

So why does this thread exist, if even the OP disagrees with it?

OP needed attention?

The thread is an oldie but goodie.  Last year, everyone was saying that it was an outrage that Woody would not let the new GM pick the coach, and that therefore Rex was a lame duck because the GM was going to have him out of there in a year by sabotaging him.

Then the Jets had a real nice last month, finished even, and everyone decided that we were in an Era Of Good Feeling between Rex and Idzik, they were becoming a team.  This sabotaging stuff is last year's thing.

Hey thor99 this is why people start insulting other people. Threads like this are unnecessary and excessive.

Joewillie78 is a ****tard whose posting volume brought upon himself the scrutiny that made him run away.  Now we get to have him drop by during beer benders to drop these lil nuggets of joy for us all to sift through.  

He's literally  figuratively running through our halls screaming "Fire!" then exiting out the back. 

Joewillie78 is a ****tard whose posting volume brought upon himself the scrutiny that made him run away.  Now we get to have him drop by during beer benders to drop these lil nuggets of joy for us all to sift through.  

He's literally  figuratively running through our halls screaming "Fire!" then exiting out the back. 

You say this like its a bad thing. 

The few overly prolific empty-thread starters have got to go.  

No, we should keep them until they irritate one or two quality board members into blowing up and getting themselves banned. Then we all lose. Except of course the ****tards.

Actually joewilly, I think it is a shift towards a balance of offense and defense. Unbelievably, I heard a rediculous stat jets had last year. When Jets score 20 pts or more last year they were 7-1. Now I know a lot of that has to do with defense, but the fact that we lost 7 other games shows we scored less that 20 and maybe much less at times from what I remember. It appears all of John I's thinking is to create a more balanced O and D so we can sustain droves and score more, but at the same time still play very good D. This is for not only now, but the future moving forward. If we keep spending huge amounts on CBs, we cannot afford better offensive players long term like Decker or resigning other players on either side of the ball but on O as well, like when Ivory, Kerley, Mangold, come up for contracts again. this is just how I am seeing it, and it is tough for Rex to argue this since his D's may be top 5-10 all the time, but with that Jets have not been able to win consistently withh all D and virtually no O. That cannot really be argued, so the O/D balanced approach we may be seeing could be helping this team long term. 

Actually joewilly, I think it is a shift towards a balance of offense and defense. Unbelievably, I heard a rediculous stat jets had last year. When Jets score 20 pts or more last year they were 7-1. Now I know a lot of that has to do with defense, but the fact that we lost 7 other games shows we scored less that 20 and maybe much less at times from what I remember. It appears all of John I's thinking is to create a more balanced O and D so we can sustain droves and score more, but at the same time still play very good D. This is for not only now, but the future moving forward. If we keep spending huge amounts on CBs, we cannot afford better offensive players long term like Decker or resigning other players on either side of the ball but on O as well, like when Ivory, Kerley, Mangold, come up for contracts again. this is just how I am seeing it, and it is tough for Rex to argue this since his D's may be top 5-10 all the time, but with that Jets have not been able to win consistently withh all D and virtually no O. That cannot really be argued, so the O/D balanced approach we may be seeing could be helping this team long term. 

I considered that. 

But check this out:

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Jets&Year=2013

Offensive Spend: 26 players, $53,519,365

Defensive Spend: 23 players, $39,868,766

Specials Spend:   2 players, $1,315,000

Go big Red

Geno Sucks

I don't think I ever saw a post that had 12 neg reps almost immediately.  That is impressive.

Go big Red

Geno Sucks

Ed Reed. Antwan Barnes

Archived