Bowles

NCJETSFAN

Wrote this in another post that got derailed.  Putting it here because my personal preference is Bowles as next head coach.

Bowles is a New Jersey Native, Elizabeth High School.

Bowles was a member of the Green Bay player personnel staff from 1995–1996 under GM Ron Wolf. 

Apparently Charlie Casserley loves Todd Bowles as a coach.  Charlie is quoted from 2012 saying "Todd can adapt to a lot of things. He's an experienced defensive coach who relates well with players, a smart guy who has worked in a lot of systems. This guy's a good coach."

There are concerns about going with a defensive coordinator but found this quote which does not mean much but if hired, I find comfort with it.

"He's a genius when it comes to personnel and figuring out what opponents are going to do and trying to stop them, I believe Bowles' mind works more like that of an offensive coach, melding his game plans around exploiting a player's skillset."

The Cardinals lost many key players on defense this season but Bowles has a top 5 defense.  Bowles is actually known to be more aggressive than Ryan when it comes to play calling.

You also have to like that Bowles has worked under Arians for two years and saw the aggressive play calling that Arians uses. 

My impression is Bowles is brought in, we will have a very aggressive team on both sides of the ball and Bowles will understand player evaluation as well.  Actually Bowles is known to have an eye for talent which I assume comes from his stint with Ron Wolf's staff.

This is why Bowles is my top choice. I think he will get picked up by another team unfourtunately.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Pat Kirwan he believes it will be Chris Grier as GM & Todd Bowles as HC. He said "a little birdie didn't stop to talk to him but dropped off s note."

Grier a Casserly guy

Bowles a Wolf guy

Bowles in Miami while Grier there

Per Pat Kirwan he believes it will be Chris Grier as GM & Todd Bowles as HC. He said "a little birdie didn't stop to talk to him but dropped off s note."

Grier a Casserly guy

Bowles a Wolf guy

Kirwan is still tied into t he Jets and it seemed pretty concrete and just not his opinion or projection

Grier a Casserly guy

Bowles a Wolf guy

It would be an interesting if Chris Grier came to the Jets, and Tanny signs on with the Dolphins.

Grier a Casserly guy

Bowles a Wolf guy

My understanding is that Quinn also has a tie back to Grier from time in Miami. I haven't checked into it. 

If Atlanta hires Bowles which I think they will we are screwed. Quinn will take the Denver Job then we are left with Sean M. How did I know this would happen. Jets asleep at the wheel as always should of brought Bowles in first think this morning.

So just because Denver asked to interview him they're automatically going to hire him? They will probably interview 5 other coaches, just like everybody else, before they make their decision. Besides, Quinn wants to come to NY and Manning will not stay in Denver if Gase is gone and he has to start from scratch there.

Way to overreact, bro.

So just because Denver asked to interview him they're automatically going to hire him? They will probably interview 5 other coaches, just like everybody else, before they make their decision. Besides, Quinn wants to come to NY and Manning will not stay in Denver if Gase is gone and he has to start from scratch there.

Way to overreact, bro.

No doubt, I am overreacting because I have heard this story before with Jets. I don't know what 5 other coaches they will interview but I can see Quinn in Denver I don't buy the NJ connections or any wink wink deal. Denver is an ideal location for a first time head coach. The thing is we always get complacent and then we lose out on our primary target. We should have had Bowles in first.

As per PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/13/jets-falcons-emerging-as-the-finalists-for-todd-bowles/

One league source with direct knowledge of the current hiring process describes Bowles as “very likely” to become the next coach of the Jets.  Another source believes Bowles prefers the Falcons — and that the Jets prefer Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn.  In recent days, however, a sense has emerged that Quinn’s interest in the Jets may not be as strong as previously believed. Also, the Jets may have to wait nearly three weeks before hiring Quinn.  Bowles is immediately available.

Bowles gaining momentum over Quinn now.

No doubt, I am overreacting because I have heard this story before with Jets. I don't know what 5 other coaches they will interview but I can see Quinn in Denver I don't buy the NJ connections or any wink wink deal. Denver is an ideal location for a first time head coach. The thing is we always get complacent and then we lose out on our primary target. We should have had Bowles in first.

Why is Denver an ideal location for a first time HC?

Seems like a pretty rough one to me - IMO Jets are in better position long term.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago

Big change of plans: #AZCardinals DC Todd Bowles will now head to #NYJ first, then talk with #Falcons. Question is will #Jets let him leave?

0 replies23 retweets5 favorites

Retweet23

Favorite5

More

Is this gonna be our guy???

I hope they don't let him leave, this is the guy. He is very aggressive on D, and coached for a very aggressive Offensive HC, now I know I'm assuming here, but my assumption would be he would hopefully bring in a OC with a very aggressive down the field passing game. Find a big armed QB in both the draft, and FA period, draft one of Cooper, DGB, White, or J Strong keep Harvin and still have Decker this could be a very quick turn around with the front 7 in place, and hopefully getting healthy in the secondary.

Bowle movements get me excites srry!

I haven't seen a lot of Arizona's play this year, but in the playoff game I watched, the defense was playing panicked.  They were overpursuing and diving at the legs instead of wrapping and driving....I don't want that kind of D. 

Was that game an aberration?  If not, why the hell is everyone so high on this guy?  We've had a "generally hold them until we give up the big play" defense for the last couple of years.  Considering hiring Bowles just feels like more of the same to me.

I hope not, this is the guy. He is very aggressive on D, and coached for a very aggressive Offensive HC, now I know I'm assuming here, but my assumption would be he would hopefully bring in a OC with a very aggressive down the field passing game. Find a big armed QB in both the draft, and FA period, draft one of Cooper, DGB, White, or J Strong keep Harvin and still have Decker this could be a very quick turn around with the front 7 in place, and hopefully getting healthy in the secondary.

Bowle movements get me excites srry!

Add me on the Bowles band wagon.  

Archived