Colin Cowhert bashing Jets & fans

FloridaJetsFan

Cowhert was just lambasting the Jets and the fan base over the Marshall trade. Jets are second tier organization. Fans are acting like this is a great trade. Jets fans are like cats on a wood floor chasing their tails. Marshall won't add a single point to the scoreboard cause Geno stinks. Bowles benefited from having the quarterback whisperer as his head coach. Blah, Blah, Blah. Then his producer chimes in and says "If the Patriots made this move you'd have said it was brilliant." To which he replies - "Because it would have been - they're a great organization." What a dick.

Well that didn't take long.  It also fits into his anti-Jets narrative.   Even his producer knows he is a fraud. 

give me Fox Sports Radio with Jay Mohr and CBS Sports with Jim Rome and I'm good

I'm love/hate with Rome.

Never heard Mohr but he's funny on Boomer and Carton.

I really like Steve Somer and Jody MacDonald. Lori Rubinson is good but she's on at weird hours. Kim Jones is really good on the weekends as long as the know nothing Gary Meyers isn't with her.

He's correct is that Geno sucks and the Jets aren't going anywhere without a QB - but to say this is a bad because we don't have a QB is just silly...gotta try and make the team better, Hadd weapons.  

He's not saying BM is bad just it's not going to help the Jets all that much...And he's mostly right about that.

But he's just trolling Jet fans...it's the popular thing to do amongst all these sports hacks.

We do have a Qb and his name is Geno Smith.  He now has Marshall, Decker, Amaro etc. to work with, plus a soon to be beefed up Oline, maybe a play maker at running back and an improved defense.  Lets see what he can do under Chan Gailey and stop parroting the nonsense about no qb.  He came out totally unprepared to be a starting NFL qb and it showed.  Toward the end of last season he showed signs of "getting it" and with a healthy Decker played a lot better. 

We do have a Qb and his name is Geno Smith.  He now has Marshall, Decker, Amaro etc. to work with, plus a soon to be beefed up Oline, maybe a play maker at running back and an improved defense.  Lets see what he can do under Chan Gailey and stop parroting the nonsense about no qb.  He came out totally unprepared to be a starting NFL qb and it showed.  Toward the end of last season he showed signs of "getting it" and with a healthy Decker played a lot better. 

Sorry...he's terrible...will never be good - was statically the worst starting QB in the NFL for two years running

Fact is, the Jets do not have a starting caliber QB on their roster right now.

Sorry...he's terrible...will never be good - was statically the worst starting QB in the NFL for two years running

Fact is, the Jets do not have a starting caliber QB on their roster right now.

Okay Swami; what are the winning lotto numbers for tonight? 

Cowhert was just lambasting the Jets and the fan base over the Marshall trade. Jets are second tier organization. Fans are acting like this is a great trade. Jets fans are like cats on a wood floor chasing their tails. Marshall won't add a single point to the scoreboard cause Geno stinks. Bowles benefited from having the quarterback whisperer as his head coach. Blah, Blah, Blah. Then his producer chimes in and says "If the Patriots made this move you'd have said it was brilliant." To which he replies - "Because it would have been - they're a great organization." What a dick.

Aah.  CH's one listener is heard from.  Ha ha.

Stop being so defensive. He is right in some ways, this move would have been brilliant for the Pats. Mainly because they have all the pieces together on offense. We lack decent QB play, therefore adding a good receiver isn't help us that much. But when he says it's a dumb move because we don't have a decent QB he's being stupid. Just because we don't have a decent QB doesn't mean there is no point in improving the offense. MaccLes are building something here, it doesn't end with trading for a WR. You add a good QB to this offense and suddenly you have all the pieces together, so let's see what happens.

A receiver can help a QB.  It is not always the other way around.  Would Geno complete more passes to Marshall or to Stephen Hill?

A receiver can help a QB.  It is not always the other way around.  Would Geno complete more passes to Marshall or to Stephen Hill?

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Of course a receiver can help a QB. And nobody is arguing that Marshall and Hill are on the same level. My point is that in order to fix the passing game the least effective way would be to bring in a good receiver. That's like trying to fix the running game by adding a good RB. It helps, but you have to get to the root of the problem in order to fix it. If it's broken you can't fix it by adding a WR or a RB or whatever. To fix the running game you have to fix the O-Line. Once you've done that you can plug in any RB you want and he'll produce. Same goes for the passing game. You fix it by having good QB play. You don't fix it by giving a QB who can't throw another weapon. It'll help him, of course. But that doesn't fix the passing game. Vice versa if you have a good QB you can plug in any WR you want, he will be able to produce.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Of course a receiver can help a QB. And nobody is arguing that Marshall and Hill are on the same level. My point is that in order to fix the passing game the least effective way would be to bring in a good receiver. That's like trying to fix the running game by adding a good RB. It helps, but you have to get to the root of the problem in order to fix it. If it's broken you can't fix it by adding a WR or a RB or whatever. To fix the running game you have to fix the O-Line. Once you've done that you can plug in any RB you want and he'll produce. Same goes for the passing game. You fix it by having good QB play. You don't fix it by giving a QB who can't throw another weapon. It'll help him, of course. But that doesn't fix the passing game. Vice versa if you have a good QB you can plug in any WR you want, he will be able to produce.

And you don't think the Jets plan to do anything else.?  You take your opportunities when they are presented.

Cowhert was just lambasting the Jets and the fan base over the Marshall trade. Jets are second tier organization. Fans are acting like this is a great trade. Jets fans are like cats on a wood floor chasing their tails.

I don't see anything remotely controversial about any of this. The Jets are a second tier organization and you people are insane.

And you don't think the Jets plan to do anything else.?  You take your opportunities when they are presented.

That's what I said earlier. We aren't done improving the O#, of course there will be more additions. That's why I think it's stupid what Cowherd said, that it's a dumb move because we don't have an elite QB. That doesn't mean we should just suck at every other position.

. That doesn't mean we should just suck at every other position.

Of course it does.  If the media had their way, the Jets would suck indefinitely so they could continuously bash the franchise and its fans, which seems to be a pastime of theirs.  /sarcasm  :winking0001:

I agree, by the way, with the point you're making. 

Why do you guys care? Cowherd sucks his show is unlistenable/unwatchable.

i used to love his show but over the past 5 years he is unlistenable now

certain producers left, Colin talks more and stopped taking nearly as many calls

Archived