Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing, any crisitsm = bitching.

Oh and free agency obviously HAS started and that arbitrary date is meaningless.

1) It hasn't started. Teams and players can talk, that's all. Spin it any way you want, that doesn't make it right.

2) And then to have the nerves to bitch about our FO not spending money when FA hasn't even started. That's just bitching at the highest level.

If we have 50 mil. cap room by the time the season starts I can see where you're coming from. But a day before free agency even begins? You're nuts.

Nonsense, hasn't stopped Dolphins, Eagles (Maxwell who we were also linked too) and others from agreeing to deals with other teams players...

Miami signed Suh and we were not looking to sign him. Maxwell is a guy I'm sure we had interest but the contract is ridiculous. We shouldn't just go get the biggest fish in the game just because. I wanted Maxwell but at that price hell no. Rather go at Revis if I'm gonna spend like that.

1) It hasn't started. Teams and players can talk, that's all. Spin it any way you want, that doesn't make it right.

2) And then to have the nerves to bitch about our FO not spending money when FA hasn't even started. That's just bitching at the highest level.

If we have 50 mil. cap room by the time the season starts I can see where you're coming from. But a day before free agency even begins? You're nuts.

Whatever keep your head in the sand, meanwhile players are coming off the board. Hopefully Mikey Mac isn't as lost as you... 

They should rename the legal tempering period into the agents wet dream/overpayment period. These deals are ridiculous.

the cap is increasing year by year, it's only natural players will be getting more money. We can't compare this market to previous markets. Players are getting a bigger piece of the pie now than they have previously, I see nothing ridiculous about that.

cimini is reporting an "afc executive" thinks revis will get 3 years, $50 million

so do you make that deal ?

that's $16.6 million for 3 years after working for $12 million

I say let rex have him for that

I make it for sure. We have alot of money we have to spend, an incredible need at cb, and Revis is one of the 3 best at his position

There are more posts in here whining about whining than there are posts in here that are actual whining. Mind your business.

and now there's one whining about the whining about the whining.

3  of those we didn't have a chance to talk to, because they resigned with their old teams. We didn't lose them to anybody

actually, being that this is the 3 day legal tampering window, I believe we could have talked to them,no?

Source: The Jets have expressed interest in safety Marcus Gilchrist. #NYJ looking for upgrades in the secondary.

Anybody know who he is/if he's a fit?

Converted CB from the Chargers.  The Redskins are supposedly interested too.  Bad news for all of you guys, he is listed as a SS who is "suspect in coverage"

Source: The Jets have expressed interest in safety Marcus Gilchrist. #NYJ looking for upgrades in the secondary.

Anybody know who he is/if he's a fit?

Gilchrist is another quality player:

http://www.nfl.com/player/marcusgilchrist/2495153/profile

He's the type of player I had hoped we would accumulate, "middle class" free agents

who have upside

dont know much about gilchrist, but i looked at some stats. dude seems decent. better then the trash we put out there last season

Only one int. last year.You would think guys would get 3-4 just by luck.Probably got his in the game against us last year in SD.

This seems like a fun game:

San Fran surprise coming Monday (unrelated to the Colin Kaepernick trade rumors) http://wp.me/p14QSB-9IW0 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/09/san-fran-surprise-coming-monday/

San Fran surprise coming Monday
Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2015, 9:13 AM EDT
49ers.jpg?w=250Getty Images

At a time when the 49ers are trying to shoot down rumors regarding a possible trade of quarterback Colin Kaepernick, the 49ers soon will have another significant issue to deal with.

Some very surprising news related to the 49ers is coming, likely later today, regarding a key player on the team who won’t be on the team in 2015.  A formal announcement is expected on Tuesday.

That’s all we can say for now.  But when it happens, you’ll be shocked — even though you’re now duly braced to be shocked.

Meanwhile, feel free to make a guess in the comments.  Winner gets a free one-year subscription to PFT.

I also remember reading something that they were also one of the top 6 or so teams (like us) that has to spend big bucks to stay above the spending floor.

Yeah, I think I read that too. Them and the Saints were two teams that are over the cap - but need to spend near the limit this season.

Archived