Edelman, Amendola, Chung and McCourty all out per Mike Reiss

Jetsfanri

no excuses

Makes sense for the Pats.  They have the luxury of sitting letting banged up players get healthy for the playoffs.  I would think that some may get some time in their last game.  You don't want them to have too long of a layoff.  Especially with them having the bye.

So much of what the Patriots do on offense boils down to how they create mismatches.   The fact that they have a huge physical monster in Gronk, and then 3 tiny shifty skill players in Amendola/Edelman/Lewis.  Often you end up after all the picks and shifts with a tall cb on one of the pygmies or a small safety on Gronk and then it leads to pretty predictably bad results for opposing defenses.

However if Gronk is out, or conversely if all of the small guys are out, the Patriots become very human and the fundamental physical problem teams have with them disappears.  

The Jets this week are going up against a Patriot team without any of those shifty players.  Its just going to be Gronk/Lafell/Chandler.   Its not that those guys are bad, but just that they all have similar counters and the Pats coaching staff isn't going to have a million options on how to attack the D (which makes them predictable).

For that reason I think the Jets D will have a field day unless Brady really has a hall of fame day (like he did in the 4th qrt of the last game)

I agree with the majority saying no excuses.....if this team is a playoff team we win this game, and hope Cinncy can beat Denver Monday Night to give us control over our playoff destiny entering week 17!

LET'S GO JETS!!!!! FVCKIN PUMPED FOR THIS GAME!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

I'm gonna be seriously pissed if they don't win this game now. Come on.

stoicsentry, after the first quarter:

I'm gonna be seriously pissed if they don't win this game by two touchdowns. Come on.

stoicsentry, at halftime:

I'm gonna be seriously pissed if they don't win this game by 30. Come on.

stoicsentry, start of the fourth:

I'm gonna be seriously pissed if the defense doesn't shut the Pats out. Come on.

stoicsentry, post-game:

Big deal. Try beating the Patriots in the playoffs one time and get back to me.

I'm honestly not sure this changes much.  Gronk out would be a big deal.

Pats will be fine.  Still gonna put up their 24-28 points.   I think if you're expected ny the D to entirely shut down Brady, you're going to be disappointed.   

This game is still going to come down to our offense, if we can score 4td's we'll win.  

I'm honestly not sure this changes much.  Gronk out would be a big deal.

Pats will be fine.  Still gonna put up their 24-28 points.   I think if you're expected ny the D to entirely shut down Brady, you're going to be disappointed.   

This game is still going to come down to our offense, if we can score 4td's we'll win.  

It's all about physicality...pressure Brady, be aggressive with bumps and hits on him and Gronkowski. Should have no problem shutting down the run game, and short passing game will be less of a factor with the little dudes out. Don't let Gronkowski beat you, and make Brady stand in and take some big shots. 

Archived