Revis: I'm an All-Time Jet and Should Be Treated With Class

C Mart

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

The last word that comes to mind when I think of Revis is class, unless you remove the c and l.  He's disrespected the Jets and their fans for years but now he's demanding to be treated like the king of the Jets? 

And many young fans enable it.  I'm pleasantly surprised by the over whelming Revis disdain in this post. 

Its sort of like a Riggins jersey. You see it now and then but he truly represents a JET who said FU to the team. Right or wrong, it represents a low point for us as a team and its fans.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Revis is the most hypocritical of all hypocrites. His whole career he has lectured fans, media, etc that the NFL is a business, where loyalty, emotion, and sense of team have no place. He never dreamed of giving the Jets a home town discount. He held out, forced a trade, and then helped the mortal enemy win a world championship. 

Now he talks about wanting to retire a Jet and the team doing the "classy" thing by him, all the while cashing an exorbitant paycheck that is contributing to this team sucking so bad. 

Good Lord, I'm with the previous poster who said we can't dump these idiots fast enough. The Jets will be so much better when guys like Revis are off the roster. I honestly wouldn't have him back forthe league minimum. 

^^ This.  JN posters are spot on in this thread.  Well, mostly.

2 hours ago, The Troll said:

He's the greatest Jet of my lifetime. And in the lifetime of any Jet fan that's younger than 40.

He's full of sh*t here with the "class" comment, but the hatred by the fan base is a bit much. Yes, he is a HOF player: the best corner since Deion Sanders. And he spent all but two years of his career as a Jet.

"Not a true Jet". Get outta here with that bullsh*t. What's a true Jet? Someone that'll work for peanuts? Is Brees a fake Saint? That's some stupid sh*t. I love you forever, Revis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate the 1.5 great years he gave us.  I really do.  But he brought this hatred on himself.  It's not our fault he spent his entire career on a series of one-year deals in an effort to make as much as possible.  He bet on himself at every turn, and that's fine. 

But now that he's coming off a very lackluster season but is still getting paid like an elite corner, he has no business telling us the Jets need to "treat him with class".  He can GTFO with that sh*t.  I don't hate the guy, but everyone knows what he is:  Selfish.  If you're playing great, that's fine.  If you're not, I no longer have any use for the guy.  I only have to love him when he's playing well.  Just like he has no use for the Jets if they don't pay him like a top corner. 

It doesn't help matters that the Jets never won anything of significance with Revis here, yet he helped the hated Cheaters win a title.  I mean come on, if that isn't deserving of at least a LITTLE hate, what is? 

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Revis will be on a team like Denver/Cheaters next  year and be a pro bowler. 

So what..Who cares. Woody needs to dump him today. How dare a player tell the team how he should be treated.  Especially one that Stevie Wonder (sorry for using him ) can see has dogged it all season. How freakin dare him

The situations with Revis, Fitzpatrick and Wilkerson's contracts hopefully shakes the naivete from
Maccagnan & Bowles this offseason.  Players, media and fans SHOULD NEVER drive football decisions
only cold, calculated evaluation should.  Last off-season Marshall, Decker, Mangold, the media and
fans all were very vocal wanting Fitzpatrick & Wilkerson back no matter what the cost.  How did
that turn out???  As far as Revis is concerned the principle of "you reap what you sow" is applied.
He was a pain in the butt in EVERY contract situation and now the team has the leverage.  What
he dished out will be served back to him now that he's turned into Kyle Wilson   

4 hours ago, gEYno said:

Wow.  What a jackass.  "I'm not great anymore, but I still expect to be paid as such."

Spot on, but it's actually "I'm not great anymore and won't put in the work to be good, but I still expect to be paid as such."

I remember the preseason reports (that were dismissed by fans) that Revis was out of shape, didn't do any offseason work and was only looking to collect a paycheck.  Those reports were 100% correct.

2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

7 time Pro Bowler and 4 time All Pro not enough years??

It's not the years.  The question is whether those awards, without ever winning a DPOY are enough to overcome the lack of stats because Revis, in the stats column pales in comparison to every great CB.  Look at them, Deion, Champ, the 2 Woodsons, Green, etc. and they all did more.

2 minutes ago, SMC said:

It's not the years.  The question is whether those awards, without ever winning a DPOY are enough to overcome the lack of stats because Revis, in the stats column pales in comparison to every great CB.  Look at them, Deion, Champ, the 2 Woodsons, Green, etc. and they all did more.

I think we all remember he should have won that one year over Woodson. And by we I mean me and probably 4-5 other people. 

Even the great ones we draft are complete pieces of sh*t,lol. Jets need to treat him like he treated the Jets at his peak. He sh*t all over us, trying to eke out a few million more to contracts that already paid him much higher than any CB in history.

He'll be just another footnote in Jets history, great for 1.5 years is EASILY forgettable. Now a player like Klecko? That's a guy that deserves the HOF 10 times for than Mevis. Mevis can't hold a stick to a player like Charles Woodson. Best CBs in NFL history had longevity, Revis? Super Nova, not HOF worthy.

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Call me crazy but I think Revis will be back next year. On a reworked contract.

I would not be surprised if Revis will be offered his $6M guaranteed 2017 money to come back (and not a penny more) and be given the chance to play safety.

It's money that the Jets will pay anyway, so this is really a test to see if Revis really wants to play for the Jets. If in the preseason the Jets don't see a fit for him at safety, they can still cut him and designate him a post-June cut (and still pay the guaranteed money they would have paid anyway).

My bet - the Jets really do not want him back and even if offered, he won't accept the guaranteed-only money and will look elsewhere; hopefully getting a decent contract with another team to offset the $6M in guaranteed money owed by the Jets.  

And as far as wanting to be treated with class - Hey!, Mr. Holdout - that door swings both ways....loved your business decision (non) tackles and your four passes defensed this year!

Take the emotion out of it for one minute. Has Revis's play this year warranted getting paid 15 million next year? Hell no. Will Revis agree to be paid what his performance this year dictates? He likely projects as a nickel or dime back at this stage. Is he going to agree to take a paycut to 1-2 million dollars for next year? Based upon his history, hell no. Can we use the cap dollars saved by cutting him to sign an ascending CB that is in his mid 20s? Absolutely. 

See you later Darelle. 

32 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The thing is, if he does get into the HOF...

How many Jet fans are going to show up wearing his jersey to the induction ceremony?

Is anyone really proud that he has been a Jet?

I won't even listen to his speech, much less go to Ohio.

Wow I never thought about it but he's despised by most of the Jet fans I know. If he gets in who inducts him, his azzhole uncle? Lol. He sh*t on the Jets & won a Super Bowl with our hated rival in the same division, ugh, can it get any worse than that?

Imagine a QB shooting his way out of town with OUTRAGOUS demands & holdouts, gets traded, gets cut, signs with your hated division rival & wins a Super Bowl, comes back & plays like Fitz. 

How much would fans hate that QB? 

7 hours ago, gEYno said:

I could see us drafting a CB in the first and keeping Revis.  It's not a terrible move for this team, but I'd still hate it.

I think Juston Burris will be starting next year, alongside Revis.

6 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don't think you are crazy.  I feel they should rework his contract and convert him to safety.  You don't need the same speed for safety.

I wish they had given him some time at safety this year. The only concern I have with him at safety is he doesn't seem like the same tackler this year. He used to be great. Now he will shy off of contact a bit. Can't have that mindset.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I think Juston Burris will be starting next year, alongside Revis.

Just say no to Revis! Who the hell wants a CB that won't stick his head in there & tackle someone? You better be as great as Dion  Sanders if your not tackling. Eat the 6 & 5 million for him & Fitz and let's start working on our 2018 number one overall pick.

Mevi$ wants to retire as a Jet solely for the benefit of Mevi$, not because of any allegiance to the fans or the organization.  He's a carpet bagger and, if he could, would go anywhere next season if it meant more money for him.  He has no loyalty to the jersey, so who is he trying to fool?  All-time great my ass.

From the time he was a rookie he has always held a gun to the Jets' head in contract negotiations.  Now its time for the Jets to stick that gun deep up his butt and pull the trigger until it goes "click".  Eff him.  Eff Uncle Sean.  They should not bring him back under any circumstances.

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Just say no to Revis! Who the hell wants a CB that won't stick his head in there & tackle someone? You better be as great as Dion  Sanders if your not tackling. Eat the 6 & 5 million for him & Fitz and let's start working on our 2018 number one overall pick.

Well his play fell off a cliff this year. So the only way he comes back is if they think things can improve next year. Not sure the answer to that is yes. But I think there is a chance of it. They have to pay 6 million either way I believe. So depending on what he would take contract\incentive wise I think he might be back. Time will tell.

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No but you need to be willing to tackle and he's not willing to do that. He's also not going to redo his contract. Just don't see that happening. 

Amen, as another poster said he is part of the problem not the solution. GTFO you WPOS! 

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think we all remember he should have won that one year over Woodson. And by we I mean me and probably 4-5 other people. 

There's a bit of disconnect between the fans who say Revis is a HOFer and the realities of why players get voted in. The DPOY snub highlights it.

The writers chose Woodson over Revis because Woodson had better stats. So how are the HOF voters, many of the same writers who chose Woodson over Revis because of the stats, going to overlook Revis' lack of stats and enshrine him in Canton?

I'm not saying there is no way Revis gets in but based on past voting for HOF CBs  Revis' candidacy doesn't meet that bar.

Archived