Seferian-Jenkins gets 2 game suspension

JetsFanatic

Chris Lopresti (@CLoprestiWFAN)

3/15/17, 4:57 PM

ASJ gets two games for the DUI arrest back in September before he came to the Jets... twitter.com/nyjets/status/…

BTW-change title to identify ASJ suspended 2 games?

This affects us how?  We don't throw to TEs.  He's not especially good (though suppose he could be in time).  And we don't have a QB on the roster currently capable of completing passes.

Let the guy rest the two games.  In fact all our players should get at least 4 paid Sundays off this season.  Let 'em rest for 2018.

Cut him

For what. We knew he got a dui we all saw the video before we picked him up off waivers just a kid who made a dumb mistake. He is extremely talented and we aren't paying him much why would we cut him?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

We knew this was coming.  The guy had a DWI before he came to the Jets that had not been adjudicated by the NFL  yet.  

Nothing to see here.  No surprises.

Exactly. We knew this was some baggage we may have to carry at some point if we continue with him.

Plenty of options here. If he goes well pre season, we wear the suspension. If not he can be cut or be cut upon return.

13 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

For what. We knew he got a dui we all saw the video before we picked him up off waivers just a kid who made a dumb mistake. He is extremely talented and we aren't paying him much why would we cut him?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

It's his second DWI. It's not a dumb mistake at this point. I'm not advocating to cut him, but let's not act like this guy is a choir boy who just got caught doing something bad once. He has an issue and I hope he's working at it. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It's his second DWI. It's not a dumb mistake at this point. I'm not advocating to cut him, but let's not act like this guy is a choir boy who just got caught doing something bad once. He has an issue and I hope he's working at it. 

Jets knew he had a pair of DUI's before picking him up AND everyone was aware that the NFL had not adjudicated any punishment for the second one (while he still was with Tampa). So now people are bristling that he got a suspension?  You're kidding right?   Either people have short memories or they are just trying to use the suspension that everyone knew was coming in order to rip Mac even more.

it's not like the jets have a lot of te's on the roster right now anyway.  they were probably going to sign one or two in the draft or from the collection of udfa's that usually come through.  asj has some talent even if it wasn't obvious last season.  get him into training camp and see what he can do.

27 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

This affects us how?  We don't throw to TEs.  He's not especially good (though suppose he could be in time).  And we don't have a QB on the roster currently capable of completing passes.

Let the guy rest the two games.  In fact all our players should get at least 4 paid Sundays off this season.  Let 'em rest for 2018.

I'd rather see them audition 

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You guys do realize this is why he was cut by Tampa and why he was on our roster in the first place....right?

Many don't. They just like to bitch about whatever the topic without knowing what they are bitching about. Actually its hilarious. 

39 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Chris Lopresti (@CLoprestiWFAN)

3/15/17, 4:57 PM

ASJ gets two games for the DUI arrest back in September before he came to the Jets... twitter.com/nyjets/status/…

BTW-change title to identify ASJ suspended 2 games?

Done

ASJ is a punk.  He should not be on the New York Jets. 

Prediction:

EIther ASJ won't make it through the season without committing another suspendable offense.

Or ASJ will fail to learn the offense and therefore be relegated to the bench most of the time anyway.

Or both...

47 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

They rested the entire 2016 season.  These f*ckers should be fully awake..

I like ASJ potential and am glad it is not 4 games.  With that said there is a positive here for Macc in that he can now carry 55 players to the 1st game with Marshal suspension as well.  Both players can work through TC and PS while evaluating 2 extra players.  This is good for a team like jets where every position and layer is up for grabs.

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

So you know Morton's O won't utilize a receiving TE? 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

We knew this was coming.  The guy had a DWI before he came to the Jets that had not been adjudicated by the NFL  yet.  

Nothing to see here.  No surprises.

This.  I actually like him as a player and hope he's on this roster next season

Archived