### Jets \ Jaguars -- (Let's Get to .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It is pretty interesting what Morton is doing with this little talent. Just keeping things very basic, not getting too crazy with things. Literally the anti-Schottenheimer.

Im probably just high on life but he deserves to be the Head Coach.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

No silly. I'm defending the good play of our team. What's your solution?

Maac- "Hey Jamal, we know you're really good but for the first 16 games of your career please let defenders slip behind you once or twice a game so we don't win"

Jamaal- " Uh, ok. Why?"

Maac- "Because Sam Darnold might be really good, so we want you to not try playing hard until next season".

You can't tell your players not to try. The Jets gutted the roster on both sides of the ball. The young kids are playing well. What don't you understand about that. That's a good thing.

I'd love for the Jets to get Rosen or Darnold, but I can't ask my players to lay down and not try.

Nobody will admit this on this board but we still dont have a lot of talent on this team.....the reason we are playing as well as we are the last few weeks is wait for it..............COACHING!!

Still have bottom of the league talent but these kids are looking good lately and it's not luck. 

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

No silly. I'm defending the good play of our team. What's your solution?

Maac- "Hey Jamal, we know you're really good but for the first 16 games of your career please let defenders slip behind you once or twice a game so we don't win"

Jamaal- " Uh, ok. Why?"

Maac- "Because Sam Darnold might be really good, so we want you to not try playing hard until next season".

You can't tell your players not to try. The Jets gutted the roster on both sides of the ball. The young kids are playing well. What don't you understand about that. That's a good thing.

I'd love for the Jets to get Rosen or Darnold, but I can't ask my players to lay down and not try.

Forget it....he doesn't get it. 

Just now, Maddog45 said:

Yea you're satisfied with hackenburg level qbs in later rounds I guess

Well since you have no idea what level ANY or those qb's will be nor do you have any idea what hackenburg will be I am not sure how to respond to this because it is kind of a bullshyt question.

We basically shut out the Dolphins besides that 4 second left TD..and have the Jags held to 10 at the top of the 4th after they put up 44 last week against a highly regarded Ravens D. Wow...maybe the Raiders showed us how we need to play more than anything else. Few issues but we look good.

37 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Nobody will admit this on this board but we still dont have a lot of talent on this team.....the reason we are playing as well as we are the last few weeks is wait for it..............COACHING!!

Still have bottom of the league talent but these kids are looking good lately and it's not luck. 

They haven't had talent since Rex's 1st year.

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

Helps that they played two teams that also suck.  The fish are so bad that they just got shut out by the Saints and their D is awful.

Just now, dbatesman said:

*team looks terrible* 

Bowels is ruining Macc's team of studs

*team looks competent*

lets fire Bowels and promote the OC

Nah, more along the lines of I just really like John Morton.  Other than the end of half debacle, I can't complain about Todd today.

Just now, adb280z said:

Helps that they played two teams that also suck.  The fish are so bad that they just got shut out by the Saints and their D is awful.

dont disagree....and we still would have lost if we didnt coach these kids up. Both of those teams have more talant than we do

2 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

The team has played hard each game so far, even the first two weeks when we were obscenely outmatched in talent. 

Archived