### Jets \ Dolphins Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Yup.  Every snap McCown takes is an indictment of Petty/Hack.

And many of us disagree.  Until we see Petty play this season, we see this as an indictment of Bowles.

It's okay to disagree.  As long as you're comfortable being wrong :)

8 minutes ago, Stark said:

So you think McCown has played well? Don’t send stats about his comp %.  Just watch him play.  It’s obvious that he is the beneficiary of bad defensive calls and misses open wrs a lot. 

Not pulling him yet is only the correct decision because you just played the 3 easiest teams on the schedule. If you were going to start Petty I would have start him against Cleveland and give him an easier game to get some feel for live action.

Yes he's played well.

That's why the sharks in the media didn't even bother to ask Bowles in the PC if McCown is still the QB.  They realize the question right now is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Question-How can you trust these guys about anything? 

Because I'm not an idiot who thinks that Bowles not excelling as an NFL HC means he's entirely clueless?  I also know there are dozens of other professional eyes on the QBs and you haven't heard even one "anonymous source" state that Petty/Hack should be starting.  I've also seen both play some, and haven't seen much to like.

It's a heartbreaking loss, but I have a hard time getting too worked up. The roster is bereft of talent. The only thing I'm really looking forward to is the point of the season when we finally start playing the young guys more. 

We could very well lose out. 

4 minutes ago, usapaw said:

No he is an indictment of Bowles. Never play the young guy unless he is a defensive player or WR.

1) How does Bowles benefit from your conspiracy theory.

2) If Petty or Hack should be starting, why was Josh McCown signed by the GM?

Big picture for a second, is that this team wasn’t playoff material this year. We ALL accepted this reality. All we could hope for is a  team shows up and plays hard  every week. 

Mission  accomplished. In the big scheme of things, winning to the lowly Dolphins  with a journey man QB at the helm would have meant nothing.  So why is everyone here all pissed off ?

We all know we need a QB. Bowlws knows he needs a QB. And so does Macc .  We’re actually closer to see the young ones finally start.

10 minutes ago, shevys said:

Really? Were you in a coma for the majority of them? 

This from a kid who doesn't know how to spell Chevy correctly. You need to re read my initial post. Getting blown out 17-0 in the 4th qtr. after leading most of the game is as bad as it gets.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

1) How does Bowles benefit from your conspiracy theory.

2) If Petty or Hack should be starting, why was Josh McCown signed by the GM?

1. Conspiracy theory? Pretty common knowledge that TB doesn't like rookie QBs and loves washed up FA's 

2. See #1.

43 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Basically I think we're out of it at 3-4. I don't expect us to beat Atlanta next week. If we can't stop Matt Moore we won't stop Matt Ryan. I give McCown at least 2 more starts. If we keep losing then go to Petty. 

Hand Petty a 3-6 team, what will his next injury be?

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Kudos to you that you believe they are just a couple more buster skrines away from winning a superbowl.

Lol. This is a weak response based on nothing that I stated. There’s a word for it but the sarcastic guys on this site already did the whole “straw man” gag. 

3 draft picks that are expected to be starters and 1 o-lineman in free agency plus the retention of Claiborne, ASJ and Kearse and then maybe we can talk playoffs. Of course if we don’t draft a QB then all of this is hoopla.

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

And many of us disagree.  Until we see Petty play this season, we see this as an indictment of Bowles.

It's okay to disagree.  As long as you're comfortable being wrong :)

It's adorable that "some of you" think your opinion is on an equal playing field with even the worst of coaches.

Just now, kdels62 said:

Lol. This is a weak response based on nothing that I stated. There’s a word for it but the sarcastic guys on this site already did the whole “straw man” gag. 

3 draft picks that are expected to be starters and 1 o-lineman in free agency plus the retention of Claiborne, ASJ and Kearse and then maybe we can talk playoffs. Of course if we don’t draft a QB then all of this is hoopla.

Sweet, 4 starters in 3 years with no QB! This is the best rebuild ever.

1 minute ago, usapaw said:

1. Conspiracy theory? Pretty common knowledge that TB doesn't like rookie QBs and loves washed up FA's 

2. See #1.

Name the instance where Todd Bowles started a veteran QB over a young QB who was has proven he's in any way capable of playing football.

1 minute ago, Thai Jet said:

This from a kid who doesn't know how to spell Chevy correctly. You need to re read my initial post. Getting blown out 17-0 in the 4th qtr. after leading most of the game is as bad as it gets.

It was a joke...lighten up, Francis.

And no kid here, been a fan since the early 70s and I’ve seen way worse than this, with a lot more on the line. If I sat down and thought about it, it’s probably not even top 10. 

34 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Dumbass.

The Dolphins are the 2016 NY Jets. A bunch of free agent mercenaries that will come up short again in 2017. They are at the cap in spending, they have a fortune invested in Tannyhill & Suh. They came a bad pass, a sh*tload of penalties called against the Jets, from being swept by a group of youngsters led by a 38 year old QB & really not one super star on offense.

So, while I'm pissed they lost, not happy at all with Bowles pussyball coaching, these 2 teams aren't even in the same stratosphere when it comes to expectations. So you can gloat all you want that they lost it won't matter in the big picture. The Jets will end up in a position to draft a QB in 2018, they'll probably end up somewhere between 4-6 wins. You can't beat any team in the NFL with as pitiful a pass rush as the Jets showed in that 4th quarter. But they do play hard. I like some of the youngsters, it's the vets again like Skrine that need to go. Bowles leans WAY to much on vets, that I agree with but after these 2 losses, it's probably downhill from here & we're not far off of 8 losses, if we don't play Petty or Hack than? You gotta fire Bowles & give Morton the interim job.

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

It's a heartbreaking loss, but I have a hard time getting too worked up. The roster is bereft of talent. The only thing I'm really looking forward to is the point of the season when we finally start playing the young guys more. 

We could very well lose out. 

It was a heartbreaking loss for sure. This team has more talent than you allude to but obviously not as much as is needed to be a winning team. They are playing alot of the young guys except for QB. This team is one of the youngest in the league. 

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

I guess we now know why McCown is a 38 year old journeyman 

Would have made a great movie eh? They are trying and just are not good enough so let's move on and try the young guns? The fins are a sh*t team and we blew a good lead with a backup QB. It doesn't take a tarot card reader to guess where this is headed.      

It is after games like this — and there have been far, far too many of them — that I ask myself what exactly the psychological deficiency I have is that allows me to remain a Jet fan.  I feel a little like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day only with no way out.  I was prepared for an 0-16 season, but got pulled in again by the first six weeks — only to witness this abortion of a game.  SOJ.  At this point, I think you bench McCown.  He’s demonstrating why he’s the journeyman he is.  Time to find out if either or both of the youngsters are in our future.

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Name the instance where Todd Bowles started a veteran QB over a young QB who was has proven he's in any way capable of playing football.

Really lame question dude. How can you prove anything when you can't get on the field until the season is a train wreck and everyone has quit on you? Last year he pulled all the starters and then put Petty in; nice.

Archived